Doomworld Mega Project 2017

2 hours ago, Voltcom9 said:

@StormCatcher.77 Have you considered doing an introductory HUB similar to what was present in Doomworld Mega Project 2016? It was a cool option being able to pick whichever maps you wanted to play from the hub.

would be fantastic if this introductory hub will be this year too. the most beautiful thing in last year was choosing whichever map you want

@Voltcom9

Yes, I have plans to create something similar, but I do not guarantee. Before, I'll make my own map for the project (I have not even started it yet), and after that I'll do the hub.

4 people like this

Updated version of my map. Shouldn't affect the gameplay really, but a few misc. improvements based on what I noticed when playing it again over the last few months.

Also now with download directly from doomworld.

Wolfenfels.zip

Edited by Nate River

I'm interested in joining the project. After a long hiatus (over 15 years since I last worked on a map), I'd like to get back into mapping, and this project seems like a good foray back into it.

5 people like this

35 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

I'm interested in joining the project. After a long hiatus (over 15 years since I last worked on a map), I'd like to get back into mapping, and this project seems like a good foray back into it.

15 Years? Wow! Thats a long time. I cant wait to see what map you come up with.

35 minutes ago, Ninehills42 said:

15 Years? Wow! Thats a long time. I cant wait to see what map you come up with.

I dabbled with mapping in the mid- to late-90's and then lost touch with it for awhile. For some reason, I happened to look it up again in the last year or so and decided that this was a fun hobby and to try to get back into it. So, thanks for the encouragement.

1 hour ago, Pegleg said:

I dabbled with mapping in the mid- to late-90's and then lost touch with it for awhile. For some reason, I happened to look it up again in the last year or so and decided that this was a fun hobby and to try to get back into it. So, thanks for the encouragement.

Out of curiosity have you release anything back then cause I wouldn't mind playing it ;)

1 hour ago, Philnemba said:

Out of curiosity have you release anything back then cause I wouldn't mind playing it ;)

Unfortunately, no.

I had a set of Episode 1 maps that were corrupted after a hard drive crash and a map for E3M7 that I kept tweaking and then finally it got lost, too. If I could find them again, I'd polish them and release them, but as of now, I have nothing in the public domain.

1 person likes this