Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigDickBzzrak

Texture Extravaganza CP [beta 7 out] [LOOKING FOR SECRET LEVELS!]

I'm gonna need more than confidence to make something good with this.

notgood.png

2 hours ago, bzzrak said:

If you're already making a map (which you are), I'll give you a few extra weeks to finish it, no problem. The last thing I need here are some filler speedmaps.

Thanks! 

I'm not going to make a disappointment(?) and push out plain junk. (??)

Things might happen however, I realized that PrBoom+ 2.5.1.5 through MBF 2.03 handle the light linetype 261 results different than G/ZDooms, Risen and Boom 2.02. Live and learn.

1 hour ago, DoomLover234 said:

I'm gonna need more than confidence to make something good with this.

A solid compilation. Howabout MAP30? - ZZWOLF7 as the Icon of sin? (Or would that be disgracing the Doom Icon of sin?)

Edited by dl_simc

5 hours ago, bzzrak said:

If you're already making a map (which you are), I'll give you a few extra weeks to finish it, no problem. The last thing I need here are some filler speedmaps.

What the fuck frick?? I thought we would only have an extra few days. That information would have been pretty useful to know before I gave up my god damn gosh darn slot.

Guess I'll just have to sit here, watching the thread constantly for the next two days, hoping somebody randomly drops out.

Edited by bonnie : angry bonnie

Oh. Sorry. Daaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Million daaaaamns. I've mentioned that already, but I guess I wasn't clear enough. My mistake. I suck. I am the worst man alive. Once again, daaaaaaamn. I shouldn't be doing this community project leadership thing.

TMD has given up his slot... sooo... we cool again?? (I added you back.)

edit:

8 minutes ago, bonnie said:

i am extremely unintelligent, as most people already know

that makes two of us!

Edited by bzzrak

what??? somebody already left??? it's my lucky frickin day :o

thank you friend!!! you're the best man alive!!

20 minutes ago, bzzrak said:

I've mentioned that already

i feared this

i am extremely unintelligent, as most people already know

i don't deserve getting a slot back

(but i'm gonna keep it anyways nerds)

The first minutes of July 1 have already gone. I have 00:00 in the morning and I just finished testing. It seems that everything is working fine ... But, I do not know. I spent all day debugging. Screenshots will do later... maybe. I really want to sleep. There, probably there will be a lot of bugs. Please report any. I'll fix it tomorrow morning.

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.png  Mediafire 0.9 mb

I forgot the main thing:

Title: Cursed Realms - Flooded Palace

Ports: Boom
Music: Annihilator - Ritual

Single Player: Yes
Cooperative: No
Deathmatch: No
Difficulty Settings: No

Build Time: From 12th april to 30th june of 2017
Editor(s) used: GZDoom Builder 2.3, Slade 3.1.1.4
Testing: GZDoom 2.4.0, PrBoom 2.5.1.3

^ I'll play it tonight, but on first glance this looks amazing, you're a monster of a mapper, in the most positive way.

-------------------------

OMG deadline!

Who's working on their maps: I'm giving you 3 more weeks to make something playable, with an exit and all that.

You can refine the monster placement and detail a bit later, that's not a problem. But you should have something by 22.07. :]

About secret levels:

Anyone can make one, but you have to tell me what exact gimmick you have in mind for it. A PM is ok.

And no, just a generic slaughtermap that is special only because it's in the 31-st slot is NOT good. They're called "secret" for a reason.

I'll think of something if there are more than 2 maps submitted.

@StormCatcher.77, uh, I think you know that I'm a very bad man and I'm truly ashamed.

The thing is, your map is very nice to look at and not too hard when it comes to the monsters, but those marks on the floor are

1. hard as hell to see, especially when there are monster corpses around

2. insta-kill

3. absolutely everywhere and in every single corner

4. appear from nowhere

The design is kick-ass. The (over)detail looks amazing. It's clear that you're Russian. ;]

ZDoom 281 FDA with lots of cheating attached. Sorry, sorry, sorry, but I have an IQ of 11 and I can't handle both marks and monsters at the same time. I might give it a try w/o monsters today.

I'm the worst man out there.

8/10, thank you! :]

------------------------------------------------------

beta 7 out, link in OP

cursed03-fda-bzzrak.zip

Thanks for the demo and for the comments. This, of course, is not a complete passage, but it was nice to see. With difficulty, I really overdid it, as always. Simply, you just need to hurry ... more slowly. :]

Not again... I uploaded a 30th june backup of the map, not a final version. I download it for now and can't pass through it. Now uploaded correct version of the map. I fixed place there you are stuck in a demo and added some edits to texturing. Now it's passable. Link updeted.

Some screenshots:

Cursed_Realms_-_Flooded_Palace_01.jpg  Cursed_Realms_-_Flooded_Palace_02.jpg  Cursed_Realms_-_Flooded_Palace_03.jpg   Cursed_Realms_-_Flooded_Palace_04.jpg

Cursed_Realms_-_Flooded_Palace_05.jpg  Cursed_Realms_-_Flooded_Palace_06.jpg  Cursed_Realms_-_Flooded_Palace_07.jpg

Will check it out.

Also a small tip: when you update a wad, reflect the change in the filename, so name it "cursed realms flooded palace V2" so that people don't gett onfused.

Nope.

I was never able to work well with texture limitations.

Kill me. I'm sorry.

I cannot make a map.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:39 PM, bzzrak said:

VeinCrawler -- Shit 'n' Crisps

Stumbled upon this. The map's named "Shit 'n' Chips", referring to the combination of brown and tek/computer chip textures.

Terribly sorry for my short absence! I've somehow ended up abroad without knowing that they have their own type of power plugs, so my laptop didn't last long. Nice to see the familiar dark blue again. :]

I know, I'm a sissy.

@DoomLover234 oh well. You can make up for it with those MIDIs you mentioned, remember? :]

@VeinCrawler hmm, that reveals a bit too much about my source-port preferences. FixXx0ring. :]

@StormCatcher.77 I still have to give your map a real playthru, I'm the worst man on this earth and I'm going straight to E3M1 when I die, sorry. :[

Yes, sure. Which maps would like some MIDIs? Also if you want a MIDI, tell me what kind you want. Dark, moody or fast-paced action?

^ well, the classic "intermission+title+text screen" holy trio would be nice on its own.

...and... one for a *cough cough* certain castle map would be even nicer. Something dark and moody.

If anyone else would like a brand-new MIDI for his map, feel free to ask!

Castle of Hegemonic Crucifixion, right?... is that cruel trap in the blinking lights room still intact on UV?

Sure, I can do all for now... will need some time but not much

12 hours ago, DoomLover234 said:

h maps would like some MIDIs?

Mine could use one. The map is short, fast paced and jam packed with hell spawn. You have something that matches that?

work has been extremely slow and i have nothing to show edit: except for the thing i showed duh

i dont know why this is happening

i spend an hour or two working on the map

and then realize that i have literally accomplished nothing

it took me two days to make this:

Spoiler

Screenshot_1.png.b6c2b2635ff3b48aa1848d29f66fae33.png

the things are just placeholders too. why did it take me two days to make 20 seconds of gameplay

this took me a total of five different one~two hour sessions over the course of two entire days

i fear that despite the extremely generous time bonus, i won't finish this. still, i'll push onward and try to figure out why the fuck this is happening to me

it's not like i'm just working slowly, it's that i think i'm making tons of progress but realize i've sunk 1, 2, even 3 hours on one spot and have nothing to show for it

i hope i can do this and have a decent map that takes longer than 3 minutes to play

(edit: this is a plea for help please help me in some way)

Edited by bonnie

@bonnie you can add more details and objects. Probably the windows at the edges, with roaming/teleporting monsters behind them? Monsters appearing from floor is good too.

Your map can be longer if you put some blocker-type monsters on the way (not to forget providing more powerful weaponry). As example most of my maps too long because of blockers and turrets, along with revisiting areas.

I'm interesred in contributing for this project if a slot opens or if you need someone for map31/32.

If you have a good concept, feel free to PM me with that concept of yours and if it could work as a secret map, you'll get the Official Bzzrak Green LightTM.

As simple as that.

Also no, no way I'm gonna let the secret level be just another normal level or, god forbid, a plain slaughtermap.

the secret levels should be something like only switch textures or only door textures or somethin like that i dunno only hitler paintings

anyways i've been streaming my extremely slow mapping process as video evidence that there is something wrong with me

i think i'm living in slow motion

i will likely end up with a 3 minute map, but thankfully i'm starting to come to terms with this cold reality

It this wad will contains 30 levels or less it probably no need for secret levels? Otherwise, secret levels must being something special, may be related to textures... Need fresh ideas.

52 minutes ago, bonnie said:

i've been streaming my extremely slow mapping process as video evidence that there is something wrong with me

i think i'm living in slow motion

I suggesting to concentrate on one project, instead of participating in many projects at once.

3 minutes ago, riderr3 said:

I suggesting to concentrate on one project, instead of participating in many projects at once.

I am. I'm in multiple projects, but I only have the attention span of a lemon so I only focus on a single project at a time until I'm done that one.

Secret levels could use a 3x3 texture set

Also wait for midis till I sort out my PC 

On 13.7.2017. at 8:43 PM, riderr3 said:

no need for secret levels?

how dare you say that

On 13.7.2017. at 8:59 PM, DoomLover234 said:

Secret levels could use a 3x3 texture set

They do... but with a twist that I will not reveal publicly.

Also the gimmick, obviously.

On 13.7.2017. at 8:48 PM, bonnie said:

I am. I'm in multiple projects, but I only have the attention span of a lemon so I only focus on a single project at a time until I'm done that one.

I hope that you haven't forgotten that the final-ass deadline is 22nd July.