Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigDickBzzrak

Texture Extravaganza CP [beta 7 out] [LOOKING FOR SECRET LEVELS!]

Congratulations me, I've (accidentally) posted two demos of myself incompletely playing an OLDER version of the map.

Here's the absolutely 100% full playthrough (I'm almost certain it's for v2.5 this time!!)

8 hours ago, bonnie said:

like there arent many areas but i dont understand why it's so long

The initial crate area is, IMO, twice as long as it should be. Also the curved maze -- best thing to do when in a mapping block, I know. :]

if that's the case

no need

last 5 or something

hmm that's actually probably a better idea

good luck friend

---------------------

8 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Dobu's map is also perfectly fitting for the finale

Ahh, maybe. It is certainly epic in its own way. Yeah, definitely a better idea.

bonnietextxtra-demo-bzzrak.zip

happy birthonnieday (to me)

my present is me updating my map

i tried testing it but i tried too hard and now i have a headache :c

final fight has been left mostly untouched, and i dont know what i'm gonna do for it yet, if anything

however, the wall fight was completely redone (as in i selected everything past the wall and hit delete), and is now in a much better place. i decided to not go with an actual fight there, instead just having a slightly challenging yet mostly just-for-fun fight with imps and a cyber (although this means i should probably work more on the final fight now)

changes:

Spoiler
  • general
    • overall improvements to visuals and multiple bugs (visual or otherwise) fixed
      • lots of zdoom-specific bugs fixed as well
    • markers for existing secrets and other things added
    • actual 10th secret added
    • minor improvements to flow in all areas
    • minor ammo and health changes in all areas
    • minor miners in all areas
    • reduced enemy counts in all areas except the wall (usually through replacing groups of low tier enemies with single higher-tier enemies
  • void place
    • void now does only 10 damage instead of 20
    • candles placed by the teleporting lines so that players who fall dont immediately cheat to get out before they even hit the ground
    • a single lost soul was removed so that players feel less on edge
    • fewer weapons and ammo at the end
  • ending fight
    • some cacos and pain elementals added around the sides on the ground
    • you cant grab or even see the invincibility immediately now, you have to start the fight for it to appear
    • adjusted the center pillar wall things and removed some of the keys
    • stairs and switches are now marked with candles and lit up a little bit
  • wall
    • fight redone
      • lots of imps mixed in with some higher tier enemies (plus a cyber) all in the back
      • fewer snipers
      • teleporters now take enemies to the switches around the sides of the pyramid so you cant just camp the corner anymore
    • (UV only) cant go back up the pyramid once wall starts lowering
    • impassible lines removed from the sides of the stairs
      • (there are still impassible lines on the boxes near the edges so you cant go around the corners)
    • powerups on the wall on lower difficulties
  • blood sewer
    • a couple branches blocked off
    • two new paths between relatively close sections added, to give more options and add better flow
    • marked the exit area with two lamps
    • three secret walk-over triggers around the "maze", each one drains the blood slightly
      • first trigger you find will lower the blood level slightly, allowing single rockets to stick out more
      • second trigger you find will lower the blood level significantly more, allowing many more types of supplies to be visible
      • finding all three triggers lowers the blood level almost completely, allowing all types of supplies to be seen
  • crusher place
    • added marks to more clearly identify an optional archvile trap
    • that's it, besides the general changes and such like more barrels, less enemies, changed placements, other things
  • e2m2
    • a lot more stuff opens up (needs more testing, might not be ready and balanced yet)
    • fewer enemies to reduce the grindiness of the area
    • mini sewer tunnel thing opens up and alerts the monsters inside at different timings to make it more  f u n
    • final fight of the area is now much much easier and more balanced
      • fewer enemies waiting in the room
      • boxes close behind you further into the room
      • teleports tightened significantly, to allow the rocket launcher to be actually usable
      • boxes take less time to completely lower
      • fewer high tier enemies
    • added secret path to the first switch (can you find it?? :o (probably))
    • that blood pool thing that you gotta hit the switch to raise the pool and lower the center platform, you know the one
      • pool smaller to make it safer to enter the room
      • the center platform now only has one switch that activates a voodoo doll track thing to do the triggers for you
    • placed the player 4 start in the other entrance area, just like in the actual e2m2

tell me if anything's wrong and i'll fix it when my head stops hurting bonnie_textra_v3_5.zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyj62i10wq93tje/bonnie_textra_v4.zip?dl=1

Edited by bonnie

If it's really your birthday then yeah, have a good one :]

I'll check the map out tonight... for realz! The changelog is impressive.

EDIT: I actually did, seems cool. GJ

Edited by bzzrak

1 hour ago, bzzrak said:

The changelog is impressive.

It looks a lot bigger than it actually is, and you probably wouldn't notice most of the changes besides the wall fight. :c

Also difficulties aren't implemented yet so I gotta get on that

so yea, you probably shouldn't play this unless you wanna see the new(ish) fight (or the slightly inproved sewers), which you can just noclip on over to anyways.

otherwise it'll feel the same as before :c

Cool, man. One little nitpick, could you please change the name of the files between versions? Like "Flooded Palace-V3", as it makes my job kinda easier.

------

Anyway, I plan to get to playing all the currently finished levels so that I could order them properly. Maps 01-10 in the current betas were ordered by DL234 while he was still in charge. So I'll kinda use it as a base, if nobody has any objections. :]

When I accidentally clicked my submission instead of another map I'm working on, I noticed the start position is somewhere halfway in the map, totally not positioned right :S.

Fixed that, new version here.

i'm kinda done with my level the ending is good enough

did mr. dl_simc man finish his level? secret levels aren't super important so i guess once his level is done we could totally ship this wad out to the market and stuff c:

it literally JUST heckin occurred to me that i picked and used one single door texture for the entire map like a dummy

it made me so upset that i marched right here and said these words that you're reading

i dont know how i feel about this

maybe once i've forgiven myself i'll go back and change stuff to add and use some of the other generic door textures

heck

edit: @bzzrak damn i wish i could read

Edited by bonnie

Chill out, you're allowed to use only one door texture anyway.

(Sorry if the rules don't state it in the clearest way, my barbaric English can be quite a nuisance sometimes.) :]

Hi, my map is *still* not finished. It's around 3/4-7/8 ready now. I have't posted here with no concrete alpha/betas to offer.

Right: I've been busy elsewhere and not been able to spent as much time as earlier.

I've wasted time with bumping compatibility issues. The map is -complevel 9 (Boom 2.02) but I realized that some ideas didn't work with the default PrBoom complevel of version 2.3.1 (2004) and after.

That's probably a well known fact but I cried with it. For example try this one room test level in PrBoom+ without complevel selection (or with -complevel -1, 17, 16 or 15) and compare the result with PrBoom+ -complevel 9, ZDoom/GZDoom, Eternity, Risen3D, WinMBF or Doom Legacy 1.46.3. It's not a fault of any port but I decided to try make the map as compatible as possible. That's mostly done by now.

I'm sorry to take so much of time. I want to get this map finished.

Yeah... I remember when I first time made Boom-compatible map for Doom1 (for another project), also testing on default compat (my fault). Other people found one closet with monsters just not lowering with Boom 2.02 and and it makes level unplayable because it is not possible to progress further. Boom 2.02 is always standard for Boom community projects.

updated https://www.dropbox.com/s/wyj62i10wq93tje/bonnie_textra_v4.zip?dl=1

Spoiler

mostly just major coop changes, as well as bug fixes, minor cosmetic changes, and minor singleplayer rebalances

• major coop improvements
    • rebalances, changed spawns, numerous coop safeswitches
    • lots more coop ammo and a handful of coop enemies
    • 3 coop teleporters in spawn that take you to the major points in the map in case you die
  • made progression (and some secrets) even more obvious
    • tons of candles, a literal blood arrow, and reworked the blood pit switch
  • both voids and the blood pit in the e2m2 section now all deal minimal damage to make it obvious that they can be escaped
    • even more candles added to the voids to lead players to safety
    • blood pit's lift now has a silver texture to make it stand out
  • fixed several issues with item clipping and moving sectors
  • added a box pillar to that weird room right after you escape the blood-sewer-maze-place as cover so you dont have to door-camp
  • opened up e2m2 more to give players more space and options in the individual sections
    • lowering boxes are also slightly more consistent with what the floors look like after they lower

wall fight and ending fight are unchanged

i have little interest in redoing them at the moment

Edited by bonnie

On 1/17/2017 at 3:39 PM, bzzrak said:

MAPLIST:

Hide contents

MAPLIST for BETA 7:

Beta 7 maplist:

MAP01: Restriction by Dragonfly
MAP02: Mines by olekopyto
MAP03: A Slice of BROWNPIP by Doom14
MAP04: Putrescence by Walter Confetti
MAP05: Technological Rocks by joe-ilya
MAP06: unnamed map by Solarn
MAP07: Green Flow by Pinchy
MAP08: Under the Stars by rdwpa
MAP09: Oscuro Rayo by Azuruish
MAP10: Alchemist's Tower by dobu gabu maru
MAP11: Castle of Hegemonic Crucifixion by bzzrak
MAP12: unnamed map by Du Mhan Yhu
MAP13: Grzegżółka by olekopyto
MAP14: Soul-Searching by Albertoni
MAP15: UAC Canal #3 by muumi
MAP16: Underground Blues by floatRand
MAP17: Bizzare by Mosshopper (note: misspelling was intentional)
MAP18: Shit'n'Crisps by VeinCrawler
MAP19: It's Green by StraightGib'n'Em
MAP20: Sea of Nuclear Waste by Walter Confetti
MAP21: Synas Bulwark by riderr3
MAP22: unnamed map by Dragonfly
MAP23: Garden Cleanup by riderr3
MAP24: Cursed Realms -- Flooded Palace by StormCatcher.77 (updated version in page 9 of the thread)

--------------------------

not yet in any beta:

dl_simc -- unnamed map (page 10 of the thread)

bonnie -- unnamed map (page 10 of the thread)

old thread

Any plans on reordering this according to difficulty? (As with the original 1-10.)

*cough* *cough*

boy i must be gettin a cold from how cold it is outside

because it's cold outside now

:c

On 1/17/2017 at 3:39 PM, bzzrak said:

As of 01.07.2017, there are 24 completed maps.

dl_simc REALLY needs to finish his map and this needs to be released, because this is honestly getting ridiculous.

And no, we don't need secret levels.

On 1/16/2018 at 10:07 PM, Dragonfly said:

Can we just release this already? Do away with any maps not yet submitted, it's been long enough. :)

@dl_simc how's that thing going yo

Thanks

Yeah fair enough lol

----------------------

Um so yeah secret levels are probably not needed HOWEVER I have been blessed with a legit awesome vision of a potential MAP31 and if I don't get around to it in the next few time units then yeah I'll release the CP as is

screw punctuation la la la la make me use it

On 1/16/2018 at 9:07 PM, Dragonfly said:

Can we just release this already? Do away with any maps not yet submitted, it's been long enough. :)

On 1/26/2018 at 8:25 PM, bzzrak said:

if I don't get around to it in the next few time units then yeah I'll release the CP as is

:)