Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BigDickBzzrak

Texture Extravaganza CP [beta 7 out] [LOOKING FOR SECRET LEVELS!]

4 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

:)

Literally thought about this earlier today. Maybe I'll realize that idea when some better times come. <3

3 hours ago, riderr3 said:

Also what about new TITLEPIC and other graphics.

I don't know, what about them? :P

TITLEPIC -- I can draw a 5-point star in MS Paint and write "TEXTURE EXTRAVAGANZA" in Comic Sans over it. Actually that would probably be the best. <3

Level names and stuff -- I need to ask @NaZa what program does he use to generate those.

I assume the maplist in the OP is up to date? If so consider it done.

EDIT: There's some beta maps and unnamed maps still.

There's a program caller Bitmap Font Generator (or something along those lines) and Doom Fonts by GreyGhost, I think. 

Updated - Dragonfly decided on a map for his MAP22 - "Spiralling Torment".

Can I get names from @Solarn and @Du Mhan Yhu for their untitled maps?

Question: who should deal with naming these maps if their authors don't come back? I'm not exceedingly optimistic: Solarn last visited April, Du Mhan Yhu last visited February.

I have some ideas:

MAP06:

Cement Shoes

Cement Dudes/SP_DUDEs

Cement Ya Later, Dude/SP_DUDE

MAP12:

Pinky/Pinkies and DBRAIN

Fire in the Sky

Skyward Fire

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Pinkies and DBRAIN

I don't care if they DO come back and give a name, this has to be it!

Cement Dudes sounds like a 90s action game / movie with RADICAL kids, just like Bad Dudes, but badder. They're the Cement Dudes!

Oh wow, I forgot that I made a map for this. I'll come up with a name for it, I just need to play it a few times to remind myself what it's like.

@bzzrak @Jimmy @NaZa

I realize that it's been over 6 months since the last post, but I wanted to know what has become of this project? The OP hasn't been updated since August, so as far as I can tell, it's still in Beta 7 with 24 maps. Is there a timetable/new timetable for work on it?

It would be stupid of me to take over it again but I'm sad to see it die again, so I, may start negotiations seeing it's p much dead. 

6 hours ago, NaZa said:

It would be stupid of me to take over it again but I'm sad to see it die again, so I, may start negotiations seeing it's p much dead. 

What you actually said was that you wouldn't lead another CP until you had learned more. In the succeeding 22 months since you posted that statement in the previous thread, have you learned more about what it takes to lead a CP? You were leading the Eagle Speedmapping Sessions, so there's that to consider.

If you have learned more about what it takes to lead a CP, then it wouldn't be "stupid" to take over the leadership, especially since the project is foundering.

The question with this CP becomes, how much is really left to do?

• The textures are all stock textures, so there's nothing to add to the wad.
  • I think @Dragonfly created the Title Screen, assuming this was genuine.
  • Considering bzzrak was going to ask you about CWILV screens and intermission screens, they shouldn't be an issue.
  • According to the OP, there are 25 maps (@dl_simc's map is not currently in Beta 7--was it ever finished?--and bonnie removed her map from the project and released it standalone), so do you wrap up the project with the maps that are currently completed or would you try to get more maps?

The main task here is to sort the maps by difficulty and test them additionally. The project is still on my bookmarks, and I hope it would be released someday.

Bzzrak left Doomworld as it seems. Here's a buffer post to remind people this still exists.

I now have a question - is it ethical from me to get back into leading this CP? Seeing as it's dead, I can't help but feel sad for it. Because I started it, I'd want to see it finished. However, a) I already flaked out of it, and b) I can't inform bzzrak of this.

What to do in this situation?

Bring back and, at least, compile what do you have, if you don't want to add more levels for this project... I Want to see this completed too! Looks like it have everything... You have the secret levels too that was send too?

I saw his goodbye message to this forum and he said that he can be find on doomer boards and on discord by the moniker of Xeep-Eep... You can say that you want to return to claim the leadership of this project...

2 hours ago, NaZa said:

Bzzrak left Doomworld as it seems. Here's a buffer post to remind people this still exists.

I now have a question - is it ethical from me to get back into leading this CP? Seeing as it's dead, I can't help but feel sad for it. Because I started it, I'd want to see it finished. However, a) I already flaked out of it, and b) I can't inform bzzrak of this.

It's not dead, until there are people interested in this. And one who participated can help out with compiling, especially when previous coordinator leaves Doomworld, after all this is a community project! Actually, myself I wanted to coordinate the rest of stuff (especially I have 2 submitted maps). But I'm currently involved in another projects, so it would not happen at least in next two months.

Here is actual todo list for someone who will coordinate:

-update DEH, add missing map names MAP06: Cement Dudes, MAP12: Pinkies and DBRAIN, Dragonfly's new map name: Spiralling Torment
-add graphical names of maps on the intermission screen
-sort maps by difficulty, rating each on a ten-point scale
-add graphics: titlepic by Dragonfly, simple intermission screen based on textural box from thread
-maybe change 1st and 2nd sky, especially city sky are not fit with those maps (I suggest skies by Mechadon)
-fix bugs on the maps: "Shit n 'Chips" need build nodes with zdbsp because it have HOMs under Prboom-Plus; fix wrong aligned switch at the lift on "Garden Cleanup". Maybe there are more bugs.
-add text file with credits, info, e.t.c.
-add an updated version of the map "Cursed Realms - Flooded Palace"

What is also recommended:
-someone can help to make text descriptions between episodes

Also those who will coordinate, create new thread, because OP can not be edited with updated info.

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

Bring back and, at least, compile what do you have, if you don't want to add more levels for this project... I Want to see this completed too! Looks like it have everything... You have the secret levels too that was send too?

As I remember there is no secret maps submitted. All maps will be consecutive.

Edited by riderr3

2 hours ago, NaZa said:

If the project lead is still active, then it is unethical to take over that person's CP without consent. If the project lead just hasn't been online for awhile, it gets into a gray area, because that person may be gone or they may just be taking an extended break. Look at the discussions that were going on in Doomworld Omega Project 2018 thread regarding Scifista. If the project lead has actually left the community permanently, and didn't appoint someone else to take over the CP, then it should be OK to take over that person's CP without consent. Whether the other participants would be OK with it is a different story.

Given that bzzrak has said his goodbyes and left DW, I think this CP falls into the third category. I agree with riderr3 that as long as there are parties interested in this project then it isn't really dead. Riderr3 also laid out a good list of the things that would need to be done.

If you feel up to leading this project, my suggestion is this: then take the reins, download the latest version of all the maps, and (as riderr3 wrote) open a new thread with a post here pointing to that new thread.

And once the project is finished, be sure to credit bzzrak for his part in leading it.

1 hour ago, Dragonfly said:

Someone just compile it and be done with it. Please!

textxtra-compiled.zip

Compiled using the assets from b7 and what I saw needed to be changed.

Wrote a ZMAPINFO lump, edited the DEHACKED, and added Jimmy's CWILVs to the wad.

Unnamed maps are named in ZMAPINFO (maybe DEHACKED, I forgot).

Rebuilt the nodes for all maps using a ZDBSP configuration to build normal and GL nodes.

Wrote reject files for all maps using ZokumBSP.

Map order is the same as b7.