Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Doomworld Members' Sketchbook

Guest Unregistered account

@HunoR Well, hello~ :3

Love the shading there - the bone structure of that face is really pronounced!

an-cover-2a-sm.png?w=372&h=528

"I'm a lotta things.  I sell real estate, I dance, I paint, and I make a mean quiche."

"Your boss isn't worried that you'll turn clients to stone?"

Lulu scowled as her snake-hair went into angry, hissing fits.  "Henry failed to mention you were a filthy racist."

“Gorgons don’t turn people to stone with their gaze?”

“No!”

Dr. Holiday touched Lulu’s shoulder.  “Ed didn’t mean any harm, Loo.  She deals in gods and death.  I’m the resident cryptid expert.”

All of Lulu’s snakes stuck out their tongues at Edna.

@HunoR Very snazzy pencil work!

@RNGPSY I like how you somehow combine m c escher and h p lovecraft.

Everyone here has some really awesome drawings.
Here's my (not-so-awesome) drawing:

Spoiler

seKbis1m.png

Simultaneous concept and pixel art for a monster for a game I want to make.

YlCPkCq.png

If the game were to ever be realised, this thing would be rendered in jerky, non-interpolated low-poly, Quake style.

Edited by Unregistered account

I scanned one of my drawings for the first time and now I feel like making some kind of coloring book to sell, which sounds more reachable as a first book than an actual story :y

c795169cf1.jpg

The original

0d9bdb3aa1.jpg

Expect an entry on this on my website's next (eventual...) update (wink wink :s).

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics

@Kapanyo Looks really neat! For what kind of game was it planned?

Well then I'm gonna show you my old stuff I did years ago:

Doom Island:

Spoiler

doom_island_by_necro_instinct-d4lxemw.pn

Of course inspired by some Doom mods. In the style of RTP from the RPG Maker 2000!

Later I came up with the idea of a Doom-game created with the RPG Maker 2003, which I later cancelled. But since beginning of 2017 I picked it up after cleaning up my datas and thought, why shouldn't I continue it to a demo-version? It has not many levels but I*m gonna make it playable and will eventually present it here.

Tornado of Souls:

Spoiler

tornado_of_souls_by_necro_instinct-d5o4s

1. Sluagh (Soul Reaver)

2. Venom

3. Boo (Mario)

4. Whisp (Warcraft 3)

5. Ghast (Minecraft)

6. Lost Soul

7. One of these ghosts from Zelda 64

I just only say Megadeth. I heard this song and then an idea came up in my mind.

Thanks, @Clades! It would be for a first-person psychological """"""""""""""""Horror""""""""""""" game, based around the character's emotions, which change based on actions you perform. GZDoom is the engine, and I've posted a few pictures of a map for it (I also composed music for that level). Still just a fun pipe dream at this point! Inspired by both Silent Hill (which I've never played) and Yume Nikki.

I love the idea (and look) of a Doom island ~ I'd really like to play the game when you've finished the demo ^^

Is that the Tower of Babel I spy on there?

As for the Tornado of Souls, I love how you've blended those styles, yet they still fit their respective games and each other! Plus, great work on the perspective~

More creepy monster dudes for the game!

I actually made multiple frames for this one. There would be more frames, but for now the order of animation would go: Image 1 > Image 2 > Image 1 >Image 3 > Loop

2A9Kity.png

7lMt0Zg.png

dKKMgTf.png

This thing was inspired by Yume Nikki. Originally, it was green, but I thought skin tone was scarier. Don't worry, the monsters won't all be generic Silent Hill-esque obscenities.

9 minutes ago, Kapanyo said:

Thanks, @Clades! It would be for a first-person psychological """"""""""""""""Horror""""""""""""" game, based around the character's emotions, which change based on actions you perform. GZDoom is the engine, and I've posted a few pictures of a map for it (I also composed music for that level). Still just a fun pipe dream at this point! Inspired by both Silent Hill (which I've never played) and Yume Nikki.

Sounds interesting. Do you have a thread about your game? I want to check this out :)

10 minutes ago, Kapanyo said:

I love the idea (and look) of a Doom island ~ I'd really like to play the game when you've finished the demo ^^

Is that the Tower of Babel I spy on there?

Thanks!

Possible it could be the Tower of Babel^^ But it is more inspired. After years I think I change the graphic-style of Doom Island, because the style actually seems more too happy for a dark world :D

I'll work on it! But because of study I don't have the time focussing complete on the game. I can do just a few things, when I have the time for it.

11 minutes ago, Kapanyo said:

As for the Tornado of Souls, I love how you've blended those styles, yet they still fit their respective games and each other! Plus, great work on the perspective~

Thanks bro! Glad you like it :) Couldn't you recognize every ghost/soul in this tornado without looking at the list of them below? :D

your next creature looks cool, can you make a gif of these sprites? Would be look cool ;)

2 minutes ago, Clades said:

Sounds interesting. Do you have a thread about your game? I want to check this out :)

Oh, no, I would probably do that when I have something to show ;-)

I've posted some pics in the Post Your Doom Picture thread, though.

Possible it could be the Tower of Babel^^ But it is more inspired. After years I think I change the graphic-style of Doom Island, because the style actually seems more too happy for a dark world :D

I'll work on it! But because of study I don't have the time focussing complete on the game. I can do just a few things, when I have the time for it.

I think the happy style fits the zaniness of an RPG (is that what the game will be?), but yeah, not so much with Doom. Maybe try mixing and matching!

Thanks bro! Glad you like it :) Couldn't you recognize every ghost/soul in this tornado without looking at the list of them below? :D

your next creature looks cool, can you make a gif of these sprites? Would be look cool ;)

I got the Lost Soul, Boo and Zelda Poe Ghost, but not the others! It took me a while to spot the Ghast - it kinda blends in =P

Well now, lemme go look for a GIF maker or something~

1 hour ago, Kapanyo said:

I think the happy style fits the zaniness of an RPG (is that what the game will be?), but yeah, not so much with Doom. Maybe try mixing and matching!

Will be not a RPG, more an Action-Shooter with two different battle systems (one for normal fights on the map, another one for boss fights) ;) But I'll show more information in the future in an own topic, I don't want to spam this topic with other information than artworks :D

Intriguing! I eagerly await more from the game. :D

Hhhhhhhhhh i'm REALLY nervous to show my art, but here it goes. 

heres Cotton, i really enjoy drawing this adorable sheep.

By the way uh, i use a Cintiq 18SX Tablet and Paint Tool Sai 

sorry if the drawing looks kinda stupid uhh its 5 am and im really tired?? and i just got this drawing done, im also trying my best to improve. ;/ 

Cotton.png

23 hours ago, Ghost-Cat-Sarah said:

Hhhhhhhhhh i'm REALLY nervous to show my art, but here it goes. 

heres Cotton, i really enjoy drawing this adorable sheep.

By the way uh, i use a Cintiq 18SX Tablet and Paint Tool Sai 

sorry if the drawing looks kinda stupid uhh its 5 am and im really tired?? and i just got this drawing done, im also trying my best to improve. ;/ 

Cotton.png

It's a fine piece.  It is the product of your mind and hand, that in itself is something impressive.  It did not exist until you decided it did.  Keep it up.

hey @Ghost-Cat-Sarah i hope it's alright if i made some fanart of your character, i thought she was super duper cute so i wanted to draw her!!!! idk what her personality is like so i hope a pose like this isn't too out of character but yeah she is really adorable. i hope the colors don't look weird, the last time i drew something it looked fine on my laptop but when i looked at it on my phone the colors were darker and made the pic uglier!!!!!!! so yeah i hope these colors will show up okay. anyways here she is

oh and also would it be alright if i posted this on tumblr too?

Cotton2.png

@Battle_Kirby looks nice, but the ear is a bit deep.

@Ghost-Cat-Sarah don't worry, its okay. Practice makes perfect, everyone starts from scratch until they become very good ;)

Next one I finished a bit ago:

jack_artwork_by_necro_instinct-dbdug6q.p

She's my favourite in the Mass Effect series. It would be very interesting, if she has her own game, that tells her origin from beginning until she joined Shepard in ME2. What do you think?

2 hours ago, moonboot said:

hey @Ghost-Cat-Sarah i hope it's alright if i made some fanart of your character, i thought she was super duper cute so i wanted to draw her!!!! idk what her personality is like so i hope a pose like this isn't too out of character but yeah she is really adorable. i hope the colors don't look weird, the last time i drew something it looked fine on my laptop but when i looked at it on my phone the colors were darker and made the pic uglier!!!!!!! so yeah i hope these colors will show up okay. anyways here she is

oh and also would it be alright if i posted this on tumblr too?

Cotton2.png

I LOVE THIS TO DEATH also yes!!! you can post it to tumblr... uhh not to self promote myself or somethin but my tumblr is spooky-ghost-cat @moonboot

((just saying so you can tag me into the post))

i hope you don't mind that i'm posting again but i am kind of proud of this piece since i'm practicing on stuff such like shading.

i need to stop drawing late at night but its a habit. 

welcome to the show.jpg

Oh yeah, I for-jeot to post something.

I COULD have made a thread, but naaah. Tis way I am sure, you all get to see it :D

Spoiler

asterashadedmonocolor.jpg.084a5dd4ed77fdc770481c62f28dc3ad.jpg

Thank.

I can't believe I've finally made a model. It seemed like a pipe dream when I posted that pixel art here of this monster, and now look where I am: I'm finally discovering the horrors of trying to UV map.

7e8eX5L.png

hhtKwk7.png

8FN9mJ7.png

Clearly, only the torso section has been textured yet.

Here's the SculptGL model I made first, for reference:
6cUYyW7.png

I cannot WAIT to get to animating this thing, even though that'll probably be the most tedious part! I thought texturing would be fun, too...

This project is really gonna be a lot of firsts for me. Never made a "proper" (I.E. not SculptGL) model before, let alone a low-poly one, and neither have I ever animated in 3D before.

Not bad. Will be interesting to see it progress. But you're wasting A TON of texture real estate on that UV map. You want to make the most out of the surface you got. 

As an example:

lol_a.jpg