Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Doomworld Members' Sketchbook

39 minutes ago, ZeroTheEro said:

Using this new graphic tablet feels like a goddamn dream.

Cool. What tablet do you have? I have an ancient one from 2000 or something that I haven't used in many years. I keep meaning to pick up a Wacom one of these days.

On 11/15/2017 at 7:47 AM, Clades said:

@valkiriforce Through fire justice will serve!! I liked this game, good memories :D

@Anidrex_1009 in Paint?! Well this is an amazing job you did!

@ArcheKruz this thing is cool = )

I'm gonna show a few screenshots from my once cancelled doom-game on the RPG Maker 2003.

doom___infernal_sky__first_impressions__

The first screen is the temporary title-screen. It's not the final version.

The right one of it is a cutscene at the beginning of the game.

The screen below the titlescreen shows the ingame, how it looks like. With little hud-bar, shooting enemies and the choice of the weapon with numb-keys. The last screen is a bossfight.

But I continued it since 2017 on this engine. I want to finish at least the first episode. Planed were three episodes, but maybe I finish all of them ;) But it takes more time.

Hope you are still working on this, its amazing!
We deserve a more Doom RPGs!!!

On 3/13/2020 at 2:36 AM, HorrorMovieGuy said:

1581269793536.png.c92f94153cb5b74064a1bdff558012ee.png

Drew this on my phone sometime last month

Loving the cartoony style, especially the expressive helmet and talking loudspeaker. 

On 6/16/2020 at 10:36 AM, Umbra KEEPER said:

Last year's art. Now I can draw something better.

img928.jpg

I would 666% tattoo that on my arm.

image.png.ee7e4ad7aaf1dcafcca32031b6362ceb.png

Emile Bertin's Maid Fantastique ready to be colored.

See you folks in the next month at best, five at worst.

I actually used to draw, but for the past few years I've started doing only this weird things that I sometimes call visual poetry (when they have words it's normally a poem or part of it) and some others just.. page fillers? xD

all these are from the past year or so

IMG_20200709_164921.jpg

IMG_20200709_164900.jpg

IMG_20200709_164844.jpg

IMG_20200709_164826.jpg

IMG_20200709_164802.jpg

IMG_20200709_164739.jpg

IMG_20200709_164713.jpg

889903843_DoomLicensePlate.JPG.f413a5a419e79aafd69ccc71818b8dfe.JPG

My friend who doesn't play games at all took this of some random motorist and sent it to me. :)

cute. If I had a license plate with the word DOOM on it I would make sure I earned it. How about a war rig?

Anyway... I am a srs artist!

bb_poster.png

17 hours ago, kristus said:

cute. If I had a license plate with the word DOOM on it I would make sure I earned it. How about a war rig?

Anyway... I am a srs artist!

Even so... not a bad tribute to the game.

Something I submitted to a DTWID interpic thread way back when. I wanted to contribute something to this thread other than a picture of a license plate and this is what I came up with... (not much I know).

Episode+1+intermission+7.png

Edited by Hellbent

vu4YAIC.jpg

In process of drawing bust lineups of two dnd parties of mine. Same group actually, these characters are just seperated by seasons. Last year we played a campaign with the top row. This year we're playing the bottom row. Characters are vertically in line with the person who played the; mine are the two on the left

Work in progress, of course

Oh! There are also these. Both seasons feature memorable battles, some worthy of art. Here are two I've been working on. (the first one is rather old, so you'll see some... future improvements.

IjXicwi.jpg

dRoWo6R.jpg

It needn't be stated, but we won both battles... to violent effect. 

Edit: My roommate, the guy who plays the two right side characters, won't stop egging me to ink these. So look forward to the possibility of seeing these, but blacker.

Edited by BluePineapple72 : More shit

Not bad, the first one gets very awkward though due to your penchant for drawing faces from a specific angle with a specific expression. Even the goblin got it. We all do that ofc. Just try to avoid making it so obvious. :)

EDIT: I can't see that there is a culture of critiquing each other's art here. But I hope we can change that. As I don't find it useful to just nod and move on to the next. There is a delicate balance to find, and I hope helpful criticism can be included in this thread. At least that would make me a lot more interested in posting more frequently. If I am alone in this, I obviously will abstain. But if there is interest in fostering a supportive and helpful culture of critique here. I am all for that. 

Edited by kristus

18 hours ago, kristus said:

Not bad, the first one gets very awkward though due to your penchant for drawing faces from a specific angle with a specific expression. Even the goblin got it. We all do that ofc. Just try to avoid making it so obvious. :)

EDIT: I can't see that there is a culture of critiquing each other's art here. But I hope we can change that. As I don't find it useful to just nod and move on to the next. There is a delicate balance to find, and I hope helpful criticism can be included in this thread. At least that would make me a lot more interested in posting more frequently. If I am alone in this, I obviously will abstain. But if there is interest in fostering a supportive and helpful culture of critique here. I am all for that. 

Growth comes from constructive criticism; one does not get better without hearing what others have to say about their work. For example, one who opens their mind to what others say about their work, say a WAD, will most likely end up with a better finished product please check out my WADs  

I will concur with what you said about their expressions, as it does tend to detract from their personalities. However, it was intentional on my part, as I wanted to have them be framed in a neutral way and all facing the same way for dramatic effect (?) I was mostly inspired by this piece: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fcallofduty.fandom.com%2Fwiki%2FOrigins&psig=AOvVaw2AoqDpPemJQignioG4O81v&ust=1595177231618000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCICxzbSg1-oCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

The neutrality was also to give a simple reference for each character if I ever plan on redrawing them.

I know I said criticism is great and all, and then I walked back on that by technically arguing your point away, but that's the beauty of constructive criticism! When one person shares their opinion on another's art, the artist can see a fresh perspective and as well offer their perspective as to why they made that decision.

So TL;DR, I understand what you're saying, and I agree, but it is an intentional decision on my part.

I am planning on doing full body references for each character here, that way I can get their personality and all pictured without any neutralness or whatever.

I love seeing all this artwork everyone is so talented.

Edited by MMMAL