Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Doomworld Members' Sketchbook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Soundblock said:

Posted this to the thread about D&D characters, guess I'll slap it in here too.

 

Looks like a character possibly an hero from an 80's comic or something. A comic at least.

Share this post


Link to post
On 23/8/2017 at 2:16 PM, Kontra Kommando said:

LR5VEq8.png

Did this in MS paint. It was supposed to be part of a sprite sheet, but it required way too much time to complete. Nevertheless, I really like how it came out. FYI, it looks better when you click on the image, to see the full resolution.

Woow! Thats amazing!

Share this post


Link to post

@valkiriforce Through fire justice will serve!! I liked this game, good memories :D

 

@Anidrex_1009 in Paint?! Well this is an amazing job you did!

 

@ArcheKruz this thing is cool = )

 

I'm gonna show a few screenshots from my once cancelled doom-game on the RPG Maker 2003.

doom___infernal_sky__first_impressions__

 

The first screen is the temporary title-screen. It's not the final version.

The right one of it is a cutscene at the beginning of the game.

The screen below the titlescreen shows the ingame, how it looks like. With little hud-bar, shooting enemies and the choice of the weapon with numb-keys. The last screen is a bossfight.

But I continued it since 2017 on this engine. I want to finish at least the first episode. Planed were three episodes, but maybe I finish all of them ;) But it takes more time.

Share this post


Link to post

Not entirely sure if this counts, but I used voxels to try and make an angled weapons mod. Not really sure if I wanna keep going with it, especially considering how much the hand clashes with the shotgun (I tried to make the barrel look less boxy on the end, but I think it looks worse).

I don't quite remember where I got the hand. I think I got it from Realm667?

 

edit: I was originally gonna post an animated version, but the animated version is even worse.

 

sht1ao_1fr.thumb.png.bcc845753430b4513ac7780251cfad8d.png

Edited by Pyrolex

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Pyrolex said:

Not entirely sure if this counts, but I used voxels to try and make an angled weapons mod. Not really sure if I wanna keep going with it, especially considering how much the hand clashes with the shotgun (I tried to make the barrel look less boxy on the end, but I think it looks worse).

I don't quite remember where I got the hand. I think I got it from Realm667?

 

edit: I was originally gonna post an animated version, but the animated version is even worse.

 

sht1ao_1fr.thumb.png.bcc845753430b4513ac7780251cfad8d.png

Just smooth up those squares' color changes and it'll look perfectly fine. I love the sorta Quake-esque look it gives off.

 

If you do end up creating the full mod, do throw in the zombieman's rifle though; having THAT as an angled gun would be absolutely awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Rifle Infantry said:

Just smooth up those squares' color changes and it'll look perfectly fine. I love the sorta Quake-esque look it gives off.

Yeah, I was thinking of throwing it into Photoshop and using the smudge tool to make the color changes look more natural, then giving the weapons DOOM2016-esque animations.

 

9 minutes ago, Rifle Infantry said:

If you do end up creating the full mod, do throw in the zombieman's rifle though; having THAT as an angled gun would be absolutely awesome.

I was actually considering this for a bit, but I figured it would be better to make a Smooth Doom addon, since that has a rifle. I wanted my mod to keep the vanilla gameplay of Doom, but I'm nowhere near skilled enough to add CVARs to make the rifle optional. Not yet, anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Pyrolex said:

Yeah, I was thinking of throwing it into Photoshop and using the smudge tool to make the color changes look more natural, then giving the weapons DOOM2016-esque animations.

 

I was actually considering this for a bit, but I figured it would be better to make a Smooth Doom addon, since that has a rifle. I wanted my mod to keep the vanilla gameplay of Doom, but I'm nowhere near skilled enough to add CVARs to make the rifle optional. Not yet, anyways.

You can just look into SmoothDoom's files to see how the CVARs would work. If that fails simply making an addon with the rifle and an edited zombieman (to load after the main file) would work.

 

I find that raising the accuracy to 1 degree, base damage to 16, and editing the gun to go through its whole 20-tic animation instead of refiring early creates an entirely unique (i.e. not a "slow but accurate chaingun") and highly useful little complement to the shotgun, great for sniping troublesome hitscanners on big maps.

 

For the animations themselves, I recommend you create your own; the 2016 shotgun pump looks really lame and doesn't have the badass sort of swing that the classic animation does. Perhaps you could have it lower and turn leftwards (almost like the way the shotgun guys do in SmoothDoom).

 

Other animation suggestions:

- Chaingun should be held lower to suggest hip-fire. You could have the other hand hold the belt, just like the chaingunners.

 

- Plasma rifle should tilt upwards instead of sideways when it stops firing.

 

- BFG should be edited a bit with a big stock assembly just like the Doom comic.

 

-Pistol should have some options to hold it one or two handed. You could even include a left-handed pistol mode, just like in the centered sprites.

Share this post


Link to post

 

17 minutes ago, Rifle Infantry said:

- Chaingun should be held lower to suggest hip-fire. You could have the other hand hold the belt, just like the chaingunners.

 

- Plasma rifle should tilt upwards instead of sideways when it stops firing.

 

- BFG should be edited a bit with a big stock assembly just like the Doom comic.

 

-Pistol should have some options to hold it one or two handed. You could even include a left-handed pistol mode, just like in the centered sprites.

I already had that idea with the chaingun.

Thanks for that PR idea, I've been trying to figure out how I could make the plasma rifle look good when it stops firing.

I wanted to make the BFG take up a considerable amount of the screen. The thing I don't like about a lot of Doom mods is that the BFG looks rather small to me. Like, I get why, but I don't think the size really compliments how powerful it is (and I've seen fanart where the BFG looks about the size of an assault rifle).

As for the pistol, I was planning to make that left-handed by default, but I'll look into making options for right-handed, left-handed with both hands and right-handed with both hands. Thanks for the suggestions!

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not trying to promote a mod because I don't know if I should go forward with it yet. But if I do, I thought I'd drop an animated version of the shotgun along with the spritesheet.

 

Doom Angled Weapons mod - Shotgun spritesheet & animation on Imgur

It won't embed for some reason, but the link goes to a GIF and a spritesheet.

 

It's entirely just proof of concept. I want to follow the suggestion Rifle gave me and add a little swing to it (maybe something along the lines of Prey, where Morgan points the shotgun upwards and pumps it after reloading it). I'm still thinking of blurring it out a bit so it still looks smooth but what you're seeing right now is an attempt to make it look round by adding and removing a few pixels. I also tried adding a front ironsight but I'm probably going to remove it when I call it final (and it's flickering in the GIF for some reason, the flickering pixel is supposed to be white). Base size is 100x80, upsized to 1000x800.

 

Also, yes, I did get the hand from Realm667, but I don't remember the weapon. I'll edit the voxel creator and hand sprite creator into this post when I get a chance to find it, I'm rather busy at the time of posting this.

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler

 

Not really a sketch, But I did use the paths tool in gimp to make these guys. I figured it would be useful as a kind of meme thing by just erasing and adding new text.

5a0d39e879d66_AlienDraft.jpg.f2d44efb40934ef3d06af25bb079fca9.jpg

 

Another GIMP sketch but of my wife this time.

5a0d3dd64452f_EvaCartoon.png.ca1bd2d417ec95ecddc706a65c2a3fff.png

 

This little guy from when I was considering making a cartoon.

5a0d3e0ab8568_Claycartoon.png.487a6ec71effba4705f724d9e7feafb4.png

 

 

Edited by DemonusDefunctus

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/28/2017 at 10:49 AM, Soundblock said:

Posted this to the thread about D&D characters, guess I'll slap it in here too.

 

EHm9vw6.png

Kind of reminds me of the Paladin from Diablo 2 but with hair and darker armor.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×