Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Misty

Problem with textures

Hello,everyone. I have a problem again. I have two custom texture packs in my map. One of them gives me fatal error like this:

(I tested this with zdoom and qzdoom,but I`m sure problem will show in other zdoom based ports)

This problem occured yesterday. I found patch entry in slade,but I don`t know how to fix it. Should I exclude custom content from my map and try repatch them or here is easier way to fix it?

P.s I use recoloured Doom texture pack with all patches and textures definitions and Doom pottouri textures without any patches(I tried add everything by myself in second pack) from realm667 page.

MysteriousHaruko said:

I have two custom texture packs in my map.

Did you open your wad and 2 texture packs in SLADE3 and paste contents of the texture packs directly into your wad? Instead, you should have opened their TEXTURE1 lumps and paste contents of the TEXTURE1 lumps of the texture packs into the TEXTURE1 lump of your wad.

scifista42 said:

Did you open your wad and 2 texture packs in SLADE3 and paste contents of the texture packs directly into your wad? Instead, you should have opened their TEXTURE1 lumps and paste contents of the TEXTURE1 lumps of the texture packs into the TEXTURE1 lump of your wad.

So,I must include them in one large TEXTURE1 lump and create one patch for them?That`s how I understand this thing.

You should not have more than one TEXTURE1 and one PNAMES within the same wad. If you copy/paste textures the way I told you, SLADE3 will copy/paste and re-number patch graphics and PNAMES entries automatically, so that you won't need to do anything with patches.

Now I understand. But now I must exclude custom textures from wad and put them again and do the rest as you said? This so sounds so difficult for me,I need a bit simpler explanation.

1. Remove all texture/patch graphics, TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps from your wad.
2. Copy contents of the first texture pack directly into your wad.
3. Now your wad contains TEXTURE1 from the first texture pack -> open it.
4. Open TEXTURE1 of the second texture pack, select all (custom) textures in it, and copy them (Ctrl+C).
5. Go back into TEXTURE1 in your wad, and paste the previously copied textures into it (Ctrl+V).
6. Close your wad's TEXTURE1 and save changes.