Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
watstha

Persistent integers

So, I´ve just started a multilevel campaign and decided to give persistent integers a go to create a progression system (Leveling up and weapon secondary fire that are supposed to be kept in the next level).
One thing I noticed right away is how absurdly and unnecessarily hard is to accomplish this and not only that but the persistent integers are very random at how they work,meaning sometimes the "logic" chain will work and sometimes it won´t.

Thing is, if I set up values to several upgrades spread across two levels, the third map will not maintain some of that logic, thus the upgrades won´t appear on the next map.

I already spent two days trying to fix this things, but as soon as something works, two other things stop working for no apparent reason. I was even forced to redo the logic in the map to keep it cleaner and easier to follow, and yet some things still won´t work.

Example, I have the first and second map set to keep track of health, armor and ammo upgrades (like in the campaign), if I upgrade any of those twice, the third map will read it as if I only had one upgrade, meaning that by the third map I should have 125% ammo, but it only gives me 100% ammo.

Here´s the id of the first map (You can find the second on my profile, which is the heavy one) if you want to take a look at the logic chains: AHL4BL2Y

Key to consider is the use of delays to send data. You'll want 'next map settings' to happen right away, but 'victory' to have a split second delay so the potential for 'victory' to happen without 'next map settings' is eliminated.

Likewise, when using a drone I have inventory remove say the shotgun straight away, but there's a .1 second delay in giving explosive shot. I find it a good philosophy and habit to get into that eliminates alot of what-if's.

ShadesMaster said:

Key to consider is the use of delays to send data. You'll want 'next map settings' to happen right away, but 'victory' to have a split second delay so the potential for 'victory' to happen without 'next map settings' is eliminated.

Likewise, when using a drone I have inventory remove say the shotgun straight away, but there's a .1 second delay in giving explosive shot. I find it a good philosophy and habit to get into that eliminates alot of what-if's.

Thanks, man, but I already tried that. I delayed by .1 on some upgrades, as well as the testing option on the next map and it still doesnt work as intended.

This is really a head scratcher for me as I've checked the logic chain in the three levels and I can't find a clear reason on why it doesn't work. Everything is set up without even having conflicting logics, so I don't know if I'm missing something obvious or Snapmap isn't working as intended.

Hey mate I went to play your maps just out of curiosity. I know they are under construction so there is work to be had but I do want to say, you blown my mind with some of your custom module building. Good work.

Chezza said:

Hey mate I went to play your maps just out of curiosity. I know they are under construction so there is work to be had but I do want to say, you blown my mind with some of your custom module building. Good work.

Thanks, man =D. Hope you like the next map I´m cooking up now that I´ve made the persistent integers work... I think.