Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Awesome Doom Speedruns

Hi guys. I have been searching for some new doom playthroughs recently and I've watched some speedrun videos (which sucked) as well. Can you people suggest me some cool doom speedrun videos on YouTube?

Right off the bat let's start with an Awesome Games Done Quick run of Ultimate Doom. The entire game is beaten in under half an hour!

That E1M5 still kills me goatlord. What a time waster hehe I was so pumped after I crushed plutonia that I don't think I cared too much about the ulti doom run.

The last two Doom 2 world records by ZeroMaster and then Looper are fucking amazing.

40oz said:

The last two Doom 2 world records by ZeroMaster and then Looper are fucking amazing.

Heh, thanks but my fastest time is somewhere around 20:30, can't remember the exact time. I was aiming for sub20. I never uploaded it. ZM has the record with 19:36(?) and eLim has the second fastest time with 19:51. I'm not counting the "not personal best times".

In case you happen to be looking for Doom 2016 (if that's what you meant by "new") here's the latest record of that game as of this posting (game's very active so it's bound to change in the near future).

On the classic side there's Zeromaster's channel, which contains playlists of his UV-Speed records and his NM-Speed records. I don't think all of those are still technically world records (there was work done on E2 elsewhere) but it's definitely a fantastic showcase of modern routing. I'd also check out TheLonerD's channel which has uploaded UV-Max runs from various PWADs.

If you're interested in the tool-assisted side of things, TASVideos has a few videos up. It's far from a full collection, but it's a new aspect of the website so not a lot of Doom TASers have considered submitting.

Really, if you're going to dig into Doom speed demos, you should learn to play them back through the game with PrBoom+. That way you can set up video and audio exactly the way you want, there's absolutely zero artifacting due to compression, and you can even speed up and slow down and skip levels. YouTube's an okay starting point, but I recommend you set yourself up to download speed demos from DSDA or even from this forum and you'll enjoy the experience much more.

To think that somebody did an UV-Max on this in the first place, and did it WITHOUT taking a break during said run is quite incredible.