Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Urthar

Dimension of the Boomed

2 minutes ago, Urthar said:

Here you go: MGUN.zip

(It doesn't work in ChocolateDoom, but it tested fine in CrispyDoom and ZDoom, so I guess it should be ok.)

Oh my god man, you are a lifesaver. Thank you so much! :D I can't wait to play with this beauty

Hey, I'm excited for the new episode you're working on. I played a few levels and wanted to let you know that it was some of the most well-balanced, white-knuckle action I've had in a while. I only died once on the first map but was able to single-life most of it on UV. That trap with the shambler and the hordes of imps and zombies on map03 is brutal.

I'm picky when it comes to WADs on UV because I like to feel like I could have survived the encounter my first try if I was desperate and instinctive enough. The fact that I didn't die several levels in but had so many close calls makes this a new favorite that scared the shit out of me.

I played this a while back, but just revisited it and  am loving it. Non-linear gameplay, beautiful aesthetics, enjoyable combat with lots of clever surprises, great use of DOOM and BOOM tricks which demonstrate an expansive knowledge of engine... and I'm only on the third level. Amazing work. Professional grade stuff here.

I just gave the QCDE version a quick look, and it feels amazing. Really captures the Quake vibe, and I love how it feels like an alternate version of the original game.

Just one question, though: can the QCDE version use the HUD from the Truecolor version?

28 minutes ago, Jawohlf said:

Just one question, though: can the QCDE version use the HUD from the Truecolor version?

Not really, QCDE has it's own ammo and weapon types, along with other mechanisms that pretty require having it's own custom HUD.

Thanks for giving it a go, the QCDE version required me to translate Doom encounters into the Quake bestiary, which often had mixed results. I came to the conclusion that if I ever made an actual Quake mapset, I'd want to create a custom Imp type of monster.

I just started playing through this again, and now it dawns on me that those textures I posted about above are probably intentional? If so I feel like an idiot :D.

Looks good at a distance as a light. Up close it reminds me of a missing texture image for some reason.

A lot of Quake texture have various dithering effects. I guess because even software Quake had mipmapping so it never created any rendering artifacts. But yeah if you're stood right next to that particular light texure it can look like the default missing texture in GZDoom.

Hey, I was wondering, is it possible to make an addon where you replace all the doom sprites with quake sprites? I use quakers doom with this mod and I think it would be even cooler if you changed the sprites so it can be doom if it was made in 1994

Apologies for the bump but DotB doesn't work for me when using Woof!  The game loads but when I start a new game it crashes with this error:

"I_SignalHandler: Exit on Signal 11"

I haven't had any issues with other sourceports so I thought I should share in case someone has a workaround.

You should post this in the Woof thread, ideally with a demo and savegame that goes along with it. I had an error like this in another pwad and the issue originated from the port.

But if you say it already bugs out when starting a game, you can skip the demo and savegame part...

Thanks for the info.  I wasn't sure if it was a DotB quirk or a Woof! issue.  I'll make a copypasta post in the Woof! thread.

Hey, I've been playing this and I found a very small texturing error in map03. I don't even know if the wad is maintained or if it's worth reporting, but the back side textures on the beginning of the map are flipped in one side. It's a very minor thing, but still

AYfwkYP.jpg

And here is me playing map 01: 

Which caused me to rant about how Doom is the best game ever here: 

I actually want to report that the QCDE version does not work on the new version (3.0 beta) of QCDE.

It seems to work on 2.7 but I didn't test it further than making sure it ran.

Related, would the True-Color version work with Quake1Stuff?