Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sincity2100

About Uploading Wads.

Hi there,I recently finished a Doom Megawad and I wanted to upload it,unfortunately I can't do it on an FTP or Firezella because I can't connect to it,so can I upload it on mediafire since I can't use an FTP program due to bad connection?

Should I wait until nobody uses the internet in order to acess to the FTP program, and if there other way other than an FTP program to upload the wad?

Sure, you can make a thread for your megawad and post some screenshots, I'm sure there are kind enough people here who would be willing to upload it for you. Its usually safe to make a thread first so people can report and errors you might have missed that you can quick fix before you make a permanent home for it

It might be good to note here that the computer isn't your only option for uploading wads to /idgames. If you have an android device, you can use AndFTP to upload files to /idgames. I'm not the smartest computer person, but it was pretty simple for me to set up and has worked in the past very well.

I'm sure iOS has ftp apps as well.

I also had problems with Filezilla. So I started using Core FTP, as recommended by The Green Herring and TimeOfDeath, and now I'm able to upload with no problems. Try it!

So you are already releasing Good Morning Phobos? I was planning to write some feedback, but I guess I'm late now...

Memfis said:

I also had problems with Filezilla. So I started using Core FTP, as recommended by The Green Herring and TimeOfDeath, and now I'm able to upload with no problems. Try it!

So you are already releasing Good Morning Phobos? I was planning to write some feedback, but I guess I'm late now...

Sure,I'm open for the feedback.

Memfis said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Ive had trouble with Filezilla in the past. I'll have to give Core FTP a try.

I couldn't get a single FTP program to work on my computer, so I resorted to the Windows command prompt. It's super easy and there's instructions for it in the /idgames FAQ thread.

If you're having problems with FileZilla, you are probably using multiple connections (which is the default). Limit the number of connections to 1 (Edit - Settings... - Transfers - Maximum simultaneous transfers) and it should work.