Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr. Freeze

SUPER BOWL LI HYPE THREAD

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS VS ATLANTA FALCONS

PLACE UR PREDICTIONS

SORRY TO YELL BUT I'M STILL HIGH OFF OF THE PATS' AFC CHAMPIONSHIP WIN. ALSO FUCK GOODELL AND THE JETS

My oldest brother is a Pats fan, so he's betting on them...

I, on the other hand, am rooting for the good guys (the Falcons).

Atlanta - 20
New England - 34

It's worth noting that Brady is not only 39 and under contract for 2 or 3 more years, the dude isn't really slowing down. That is incredible in and of itself. Most qbs are beat-up, old and retired by their mid 30s.

I hope the cheaters lose. I probably won't watch because of the aforementioned cheaters.

Grazza said:

I hope the cheaters lose. I probably won't watch because of the aforementioned cheaters.

Never proven lmao. You must be a Colts fan.

rf` said:

Steelers lost, so who cares. :P

That game was brutal to watch. Big Ben was the only one who showed up- almost everyone else on the Steelers was playing and acting like rookies. Now he's got retirement on his mind and throwing his teammates under a bus while throwing a pity party for himself. The team is in a tailspin.

I don't really witch football. But, I'm hoping the Falcons win. Just because they have not won a super bowl yet.

Mr. Freeze said:

Never proven lmao. You must be a Colts fan.

I'm a Colts fan and Deflategate was a bunch of bullshit that was first propagated by a shitty local columnist that everyone here had already hated because he was buttmad that we got BTFO by the Pats yet again.

Most smart fans here put more blame on Grigson (who is finally gone thank God) drafting like shit and Pagano not putting any effort in the first half because he knows that second half comeback victories get all sorts of shitty hot take columnists to go on about how Luck has CLUTCH and GRIT and all sorts of bullshit like that.

As for the Super Bowl, I'm going with the Pats by two touchdowns.

I think and hope that the Pats win. I used to root against them (especially after they beat the Eagles in the 04 SB) but not anymore. Tom Brady is a freak, picked late in the draft and not expected to be anything at all in this league, that is pulling off a career that has surpassed Joe Montana's and may never be seen again in our lifetimes. I'm pretty sure I could suit up and catch a couple TDs with him as QB. Go Pats

EDIT: Also, to the posters that are making a point that they don't care about the topic by posting non-sense (which happens in any thread here related to sports), thank you for showing us that you are so cool and above SPORTSBALL B) Keep up the good work

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has said he’ll wait until after the Super Bowl to share his thoughts about NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell.

Brady’s dad isn’t waiting.

Tom Brady Sr. told KRON that Goodell is an unethical liar who went on a witch hunt against his son.

“What the league did to him and what Roger Goodell constantly lied about is beyond reprehensible as far as I’m concerned,” Brady Sr. said of his son. “[Goodell] went on a witch hunt and went in way over his head and had to lie his way out in numerous ways and the reality is that Tommy never got suspended for deflating footballs. He got suspended because the court said that he could, Roger Goodell could do anything that he wanted to do to any player for any reason whatsoever. That’s what happened. The NFL admitted they had no evidence on him.”

As for the possibility of Goodell standing next to Brady after the Patriots win the Super Bowl, Brady Sr. doesn’t relish that, saying, “Somebody that has Roger Goodell’s ethics doesn’t belong on any stage that Tom Brady is on.”

Can't wait to win #OneMore and see Goodell hand the Lombardi trophy to Kraft. Ultimate vindication after years of mudslinging and lies.

Remember the good ol' days when the Pro Bowl came after the Super Bowl?

Pepperidge Farm Remembers.

Pats won, saw that coming tbh (well hoped for it anyway as I had a small bet) Falcons had a strong start then just gave the second half away! Didn't get to actually watch most of it but caught some on lunch break, but still a good game.

The fact that the game went into overtime for the first time in SB history was a nice bonus as well.

GREATEST COMEBACK IN FOOTBALL HISTORY HOLY SHIT

also i love the pats and all but please never put me through that heart attack ever again

phantomDC said:

I hate repeat champions...

Better start getting used to it...

Not a major football fan but holy shit that score 21-3 falcons, I was totally sure they had it in the bag at that point. That's a pretty amazing way to bounce back. The light show with the drones during halftime was pretty awesome too.