Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Morphious

Doom 3 Expert Needed!

Hello fellow Doom 3 Fans!

I am in need of somebody who knows as much as there is to know at this point about Doom 3. You see, i'm starting up a website called Gaming Gods, that will cover Doom 3, among other various games that are taken care of (CNC Generals, Earth and Beyond, Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, Medal of Honor: FrontLine, Ghost Recon, Unreal Tournament 2003, and Unreal 2 plus more). I need somebody to gather as much information and pictures as is out there and deliver it to me so that it may be put on my website. Also if this person would update news concerning Doom 3 when it is released, and even pre-release (as far as new pics on the net, previews, interviews, etc) I'd greatly appreciate it. If you're interested, please PM me or e-mail me at Neo3125135@Yahoo.com

Thanks guys!

Hmm, the trouble would be finding someone who knows EVERYTHING.
I don't focus that much on the tech side of D3, whereas guys like Zaldron has a foot in both camps.

Now, if you simply wanted people to mail the info, images, whatever to you, it'd be a different story, but you want someone who knows EVERYTHING?
Sorry, I can't help you there.

Eh ? Oh, that. You should probably ignore my site as there's better places to get your Doom III info now. It'll probably stay that way until Doom3Test comes out, or Linguica decides that six months without an update is enough.

I'll gladly cover the Doom engine games section (minus Doom3) if you want. I'm sorry though, I suck at HTML so you'll have to get an update script or something.

I know a lot about Doom 3!

But if I find anyone else who knows a lot and is willing to write stuff, I'd be trying to woo them to work on DW :P

bigbadgangsta said:

I'll gladly cover the Doom engine games section (minus Doom3) if you want. I'm sorry though, I suck at HTML so you'll have to get an update script or something.

HTML skill is not needed! All you need to do is write up game info on Doom III (not even the first two, they're too old for us, lol) and give me the few pics that are out there. :)

Linguica, does that mean that you will or that you won't?

Can you tell me what your ambitions are with this Gaming Gods site. I mean what are the odds that it will go live. (And don't you answer me with "when it's done" ;-) ) How are you going to compete/differ from existing sites? Or to be more clear... What do you want to add to the existing sites?

Morphious said:

(not even the first two, they're too old for us, lol)

You seem to be forgetting that without the first 2 Doom games, then Doom 3 would not exist...

I know, but they're not as popular as Doom III will be, so why waste our time?

And, plans for the site:

I'm hoping for a mid-September or early October Grand Opening date. I'm not sure if I'll make the entire network go live, or just a few portions of it. In either case, I'll be holding a contest and giving away some prizes which EA Pacific has donated to Gaming Gods. Once I figure out how to make some money off the site, I'd like to save up for a server of my own and sell or give out web hosting. This may take a while, but if Gaming Gods is successful, it might work out.

As for if it'll even go live....I promise you it will. I had a website before, however, after using up 200GB of bandwidth in 2 days, my host kicked me off. I have prior experience, and so do the people I am working with. I have connections, ya know. :)

As for competing with different sites, my goal is to get large enough that Gaming Gods gets exclusive previews, interviews, and information about games - I can arrange for that for a few games right now, I believe, but I'd like to expand my 'connections' more over the net. And, if I get a server how I stated above, we would be competing with free and paid hosting services all over the world.

This may take some time, but I'm still going for it. It's my dream to run a successful, very well known website.

Morphious said:

HTML skill is not needed! All you need to do is write up game info on Doom III (not even the first two, they're too old for us, lol) and give me the few pics that are out there. :)

Linguica, does that mean that you will or that you won't?

Linguica is webmaster and owner of this proud place. That means that he's kinda taken already.

Morphious said:

As you can see, yes, they are popular still. Why not have a Classic Games section or something?

LOL

Bah you're all feckin idiots. He says he wants to make a successful and well-known website. I'm no expert in e-business or whatever but I'd say that he'd have a much better chance of achieving that goal if he focused all his effort into catering for the majority, and the majority of gamers probably won't give two shits about classic Doom when they could play Doom 3. It doesn't matter if the majority of the majority lie about their age and can't spell the word 'faggot', they're the ones that are going to give Morphious traffic and if they come to his site one day to find out that he's halving his efforts toward making a good Doom 3 site so he can have time to write an essay about how nostalgic e1m8 makes him or how great/lame x /newstuff map is then a lot of them aren't going to be visiting quite as often.

So anyway Morph I don't have anything to offer but I wish you luck getting this thing off the ground anyway, if you cover UT2003 and Unreal 2 like you say I'll definitely give your site a visit. Friendly suggestion: 'Gaming Gods' is sort of a cheesy name, you may want to think about that one.

I have nothing against one trying to make a pure Doom3 website. But the problem is that the game isn't released yet so if one were to make a Doom3 website now the content would have to be rumors, official statings from id and screenshots/movies.

Since the net is already saturated with such pages I will guess that Morphious will have a hard time finding any collaborators.

There are already a bunch of Doom 3 sites out there - but I wish you luck anyway.

I guess 70% of the new Doom3 sites will die away after Doom3´s release. It was the same with Quake 3 Arena, late 1999 there were tons of fresh Q3A sites, and after 6 months only the biggest sites survived (those who live on till today).

Well, he didn’t say ha was going to make a dedicated Doom III site, so that heightens the possibility to stay alive, eh?

Good luck with the new site!

Finally, Liam the Bard is one person who understands me! Playing Doom when you can play Doom III is like using a Pentium 1 166MHz when you can use a P4 2.4GHz! :D

As for a Dooom III only website, NO! It's a FPS site, but it will have Doom III stuff on there. I realize that there's tons of other sites out there, but Gaming Gods will offer things other sites don't.

As for a name change, what should I change it to? I think Gaming Gods is a decent name.

And BBG, we all ready talked about that. :D

Morphious said:

Finally, Liam the Bard is one person who understands me! Playing Doom when you can play Doom III is like using a Pentium 1 166MHz when you can use a P4 2.4GHz! :D

Doom 3 isnt out yet. We have yet to see if it will be as good a game as the original doom. There is more to a game than graphical technology.

Morphious said:

Hey I love the original Dooms and Heretic, they'll probably be on my HD long after Doom 3's been uninstalled, I'm just saying that if you want to make a popular game website you focus all your efforts on the popular games. Obviously webmasters who run sites for older or less played games have a different motivation than site traffic or money.

As for a name change, what should I change it to? I think Gaming Gods is a decent name.

Gaming Gods isn't really catchy or original imho, and it kinda sounds like the name of a really really lame CounterStrike clan. I'm thinking a nice easy-on-the-ears two-syllable name (Gamespy, Gamespot, etc) or something really original, it doesn't have to have 'game', 'gaming', 'pc', or whatever in the title or anything...

Hmmmm, but do I want to change it? It's not too late, I mean I haven't bought domains and we can change our layout......

Hmmmmmm, any ideas?

Would HardCore Gamers be a bad name (be honest)

I seriously can't think of any, lol, I'm not creative.

Hmmm, a friend suggested

MorphNet

Digital Vision (my old site was Statik Vision)

Statik Resurrection (My old site brought back from the dead, to form The Statik Network)

Statik Gamer was in there too. :p

fraggle said:

There is more to a game than graphical technology.

Yes, yes and yes.

I'll be playing Doom/Doom2/Heretic long after i've played Doom III, since they are fucking excellent games and yeah.

Statik Gamer is actually fairly cool, but I'd make it one word, StatikGamer.

..and I reiterate, the title doesn't have to quite say 'GAMING SITE RIGHT HERE FOLKS' so bluntly. You could get cool shit just coming up with a powerful and vaguely related two-word phrase and typing and typing each word into thesaurus.com if you were desperate.

I'd say get lots of opinions from many different people and keep a list of your favorite ideas and suggestions, then when you're building the site and buying the domains etc, you can decide which name has the most zing to it yourself.