Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Za Warudo

Sandy Petersen style megawad

If somebody asked me about my favorite id map author i would say it is Sandy Petersen,his maps were gimmicky but fun and their represents doom 2 for me but i always wanted to know if there is a megawad which is basically Doom 2 but made by Sandy only

I want a megawad that is a tribute to The Chasm. 32 maps in that style!

VGA said:

I had this idea in mind yesterday. Chasm needs more luv.

T-Rex said:

I would like to see a 32-level megawad in the style of Tom Hall.

there is Strange Aeons which is inspired by Chasm

^ Strange Aeons uses textures from the game "Chasm: The Rift". Here we're talking about Doom 2 MAP24: "The Chasm". That's an entirely different "Chasm". Also, I think you wanted to quote VGA's post, not T-Rex's one.

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but if you're looking for new Sandy maps and you haven't played Doom 2 The Way Id Did, there are a whole bunch of Sandy-styled maps in it, in addition to some styled after the other id mappers.

VGA said:

Yes. I would even contribute at least one map to a Chasm Tribute Project.

esselfortium said:

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but if you're looking for new Sandy maps and you haven't played Doom 2 The Way Id Did, there are a whole bunch of Sandy-styled maps in it, in addition to some styled after the other id mappers.

This is an underrated megawad. I'd love to see more like it.

Not Jabba said:

Nex Credo reminds me a lot of the weirdness in Doom 2.

It will not surprise you then, that after 20 years or so of playing Doom I've found more and more appreciation for Petersen's layouts the more I play them. Mount Erebus and The Suburbs are bae. ;)

Also thanks for the shoutout. Part of me almost wants to go back and finish Nex Credo now and then.

You might wanna check out Peterson's Matt Chat interview on youtube. He goes in depth about his design philosophy. I'm not gonna link it here so it won't get marked as spam or something, but it's really worth watching. He also discusses some Quake stuff.

joe-ilya said:

Pretty sure he confuses between Doomworld's reply system and Youtube's.

Hey, leave a guy be, dude. The man is watching, you know. One can never be too careful.