Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrimCuttle

GZDoom Builder: Linedef "Tags" Where?

Some linedef actions require a tag number on the linedef, but I don't know how to set the tag number for the linedef.

As you can see here, there is nowhere I can set the linedef tag. Is there some sort of script thing I can do?

In Hexen format maps, you have to give the line a Line_SetIdentification action to give it a line tag, and then use Line_SetPortal on a completely different linedef (or in an OPEN script, maybe) with the "This Line Tag" argument set to the original line's tag. In UDMF maps, you can set line tags onto linedefs directly (there's a field for it in the linedef properties window), so that Line_SetIdentification is not needed at all and Line_SetPortal can be put onto the linedef itself.

scifista42 said:

In Hexen format maps, you have to give the line a Line_SetIdentification action to give it a line tag, and then use Line_SetPortal on a completely different linedef (or in an OPEN script, maybe) with the "This Line Tag" argument set to the original line's tag.

I set the line identifications, yet the line_setportal still doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
EDIT: Looking in the script editor, there is no Line_SetPortal.

As the ZDoom wiki says, it's a development-version-only feature. Make sure you have the appropriate development version of (G/Q)ZDoom, and up-to-date zcommon.acs and ACC in the appropriate places in GZDoom Builder's folder. Also, I might have been wrong about it being usable in an OPEN script, try a line instead.

scifista42 said:

Hexen format

People should really know to start using UDMF.

Also the ZDoom wiki will have to be updated to reflect that the baseline is now GZDoom since ZDoom is no longer in development. Everything should work with GZDoom 2.3.2, there haven't really been any new feature since.

Spocks_Beard said:

What version are you using?

I'm using GZDoom Builder v2.3.0.2787 (a41058b).

scifista42 said:

As the ZDoom wiki says, it's a development-version-only feature. Make sure you have the appropriate development version of (G/Q)ZDoom, and up-to-date zcommon.acs and ACC in the appropriate places in GZDoom Builder's folder. Also, I might have been wrong about it being usable in an OPEN script, try a line instead.

I've been using a linedef, and I made sure I have the latest version of everything I can download.

Gez said:

People should really know to start using UDMF.

As someone who took way too long to start using it myself, I have to agree. UDMF just makes everything so easy and direct to do, and it gives you the most extensibility and customization. If you can use Hexen format, you can use UDMF and you'll be glad you switched unless for some reason you actually NEED to use Hexen format specifically.