Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

Maihama

In 2015 I started making a level for that 1500 linedefs project but quickly abandoned it. Recently I found it in my TEMP folder and decided to finish it (still under that limit).
Here is the result, theoretically vanilla compatible (I know of 2 small HOMs, hopefully there is nothing else). Comments are very welcome.

Download

Hey, that's quite a nifty map with a funky tune. Interesting shapes and buildings to explore, i certainly enjoyed it. Also optional keys are always a good thing. Died a couple of times and made it into the RK building at the end where i ran out of ammo. Maybe i didn't play conserving enough but perhaps a bit more here and there would be appropriate. Here's a FDA btw.

Interesting demo, thanks. I think the main reason you ran out of ammo is because you tried to kill everything on the street, while I usually ignore e.g. the baron and the arch-vile until I come back with the blue key. On HMP there are some more pickups so maybe the balance is OK, but I'll think about it.

Fda. Cool map, I really like your style of making stuff with almost exclusively the stock textures. I luckily stumbled at the yellow key when I decided to take a walk around the map with the rad suit. Missed one secret but I was satisfied enough that I found the backpack.

Here's a maxdemo. Not a true speedrun, but I wanted to get below 10:00.

I think this is my favorite of your recent maps, and really a nice one, because there are some interesting gameplay scenarios, as opposed to the purely atmospheric placements of maps like KFC.

Very fun demos. gaspe's FDA looked like a constant struggle, then he got the soulsphere and it was like "freedooom!". I don't know, should there be more health and maybe ammo too? After learning everything the balance becomes almost generous, as seen in rdwpa's demo. I'm not sure how to decide what to do in situations like this. Maybe it's fine as it is. There is HMP with some small differences anyway.

Btw finding the secret backpack is quite impressive I think, it's a tricky one.

Also here is the music if someone is curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6HPiaV2qxc

I had to look up that one in GZDB. The balance is fine as is, I think. It's inevitable that these maps are easier with a plan.