Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Rebirth MIDI Pack project (ALPHA w/ 20* tracks RELEASED)

Is there any slots remaining? I'd love to try this MIDI thing again. The speedmidi sessions got me back into music composition. 

Edit: I could do 13 for now. 

While I'm still in hype, I'd like to reserve 26 please. I'll get around to finishing them fairly soon.

On 9/14/2018 at 8:15 AM, Jimmy said:

Can I get a status report as soon as possible please? 

I can, of course.

Sorry, was pretty busy with a lot of stuff irl... probably even more fuckery this time, with all this army crap I trying to fight for save my sanity... anyway, I'm still interested in this but can't be sure that I can contribute anything at this moment. You can give my position to anyone else.

@CWolf I'll clear your slots for now. If you feel able to, feel free to come back and claim a slot again. No pressure.

@NaZa Added you to 26.

@Viscra Maelstrom I want to say this is a good start. It's very repetitive, though (consider how the rhodes piano is just doing octaves for the first minute - there's surely a bit more melody you can cram in here?), and I feel its length could easily be shortened to address this - or you could add some sort of refrain-like section to deviate into every so often to keep the listener's ears engaged, maybe something with heavy-ish guitars like Klem's "Breach of Madness"? The track's definitely not bad. I very much like what the choir is doing past the 3:30 mark, and the ominous space it creates with those major seventh intervals. Good work, just needs a little refinement imho.

Oops the title and intermission tracks are supposed to exist, aren't they.

@TMD Are you wanting to hold onto your slot for the intermission track? Should've mentioned you earlier, d'oh.

hah. i actually extended the length of the track a bit to try and pad it out a bit more, but it looks like i overdid it a bit. any bits in particular you feel i should trim off? adding more melody to the track shouldn't be a problem, i'll look into that.

I think it's mainly the intro and outro that need cutting down just a bit. Most of the stuff in the middle of the track where it picks up in intensity sounds fine to me.

On a related note, just be careful of the notes you're using on the celesta - I don't think they're quite gelling with the chord progression. Same with the big transitional chord at 1:53 - I think it could be tidied up just a bit.

Edited by Jimmy

On 9/14/2018 at 5:15 PM, Jimmy said:

Can I get a status report as soon as possible please? If I don't at least hear from you guys in say a week or so I may end up clearing your slot(s) to make way for any new interest.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll get it out to you in a couple of days.