Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Altazimuth

Eternity now supports tall PNGs, as well as those w/ transparency!

Not much to say here, go nuts. Not sure if it works fully for truecolour PNGs at all, but definitely worked with paletted.

Note: Only sprites are shown in the video, but textures work too.

Thanks!

Also here's some screenshots of just how stuff looked whilst tying to get this working, that I figure might be amusing.

Big ol' bump, but we now support tall and/or transparent PNGs. The walls and midtex here are both tall, one 1024x1024, the other 512x512.

ml9ySOQ.png

Heh - I remember causing a similar output when working on 2xres sprites. Brings back memories. They were actually kinda scary looking, all twisting and bending.

Good job getting this working!

Thanks, though I can't take all credit. The first implementation was brand new code based off documentation of the format (and discovery that a junk byte is required at the end of each post), but the current version is adapted from psxwadgen, which is - in turn - adapted from SLADE. I actually kept the diff that caused the warped boomerang sprites, and the second one is easy enough to replicate (simply make it so every column is a single post, starting at y=0 (and the required final post)).

So, is it exclusive to PNGs, or are tall Doom textures supported too? (max 509 pixels, I think).

2 hours ago, kb1 said:

So, is it exclusive to PNGs, or are tall Doom textures supported too? (max 509 pixels, I think).

Those were already supported and in use. I had a 1024x512 rock texture in Vapordemo, however many years ago that was :)