Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teivman

does the freedoom attic exist?

i was looking for some sprites for a wad. so i searched for the freedoom attic for some stuff and it's nowhere to be seen...

is it gone?

Tell me what you're looking for. I'm currently updating the attic.

Let me just say, music and levels are a bitch to find the original authors.

Voros said:

Tell me what you're looking for. I'm currently updating the attic.

Let me just say, music and levels are a bitch to find the original authors.

mostly weapons and sometimes music. and sometimes skies. thats about it.

well about the skyes i think of the new ones was moved to plutonia and tnt skys so we dont have sky in attic atm.

Xindage said:

well about the skyes i think of the new ones was moved to plutonia and tnt skys so we dont have sky in attic atm.

ok

MrD!zone said:

are there any skies? or have they not changed.

Idk. There's so many things here, but I doubt you'll find lots of skies.

Voros said:

To the best of my knowledge, no. Why do you ask?

i don't know. i saw it in the attic.

The attic contains everything that was in Freedoom. So if you found it in the attic, it was in Freedoom at some point.

Voros said:

The attic contains everything that was in Freedoom. So if you found it in the attic, it was in Freedoom at some point.

hmm... i have downloaded most of the older versions but this BFG is nowhere to be seen..

In which folder in the attic did you find the image? Which versions did you download? Here?

That's a BFG?

Voros said:

In which folder in the attic did you find the image? Which versions did you download? Here?

That's a BFG?

the versions i downloaded are from the first version all the way to 0.4. and yes. it is a BFG

Does the attic already contain resources that were posted here but never actually included in any of the releases?

For example, robotdog1 made a cleaned-up version of the old SKAG and also an alternate version of the same based on old Plasma Rifle sprites. I don't think these submissions were ever included in any IWAD, and now the respective images can only be retrieved via the Wayback Machine.

Another example is a number of alternate versions of the old Medikits that were discussed when the decision came to remove the red cross. There are actually a lot of such submissions scattered across the forums here (some apparently lost due to expired image hosting, but some quite recoverable). As usable resources, I believe these should be systematically archived.