Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Friday The 13th fans here??

I mean, is there any Jason Voorhees fans here on Doomworld? I'm a big Jason fan by myself and I've watched all Friday the 13th movies(except Freddy vs Jason). What's your opinion on Jason? Is killing people really his business?

A big shoutout to all Friday the 13th:The Game players here.

Is the game out yet? If so how is it thus far?

I'm a frequent Dead by Daylight player, which people like to consider as competition.

I haven't watched the movies entirely, although i have seen Freddy vs Jason and played Terrordrome with Jason.
I like the way Jason looks, plus the fact he emotionless and senseless, he can be shot, blown to bits and all that, but in the end it's all useless, because he always ressurects.
As for the game, i've seen some footage and it looks nice, i just hope that the campaign isn't short though, since it's going to be released on summer.

The first horror movie I ever watched in theaters was Jason Goes to Hell back when I was in elementary school. Jason, Michael, Pinhead and Freddy where staples of my childhood. I still enjoy the movies today, well besides the reboots.

Jason rules, everyone else is irrelevant. Not Michael Myers, not Freddy Kruger, not Leatherface, only Jason.

Are you guys talking about this game by any chance?

First horror movie, was Friday the 13th Part 4, so i'm a big fan of the series.
I liked even Part x....................
Thest best for me Part 4, 6 7. Then Par 2,3,1,8,9 and even i liked it X is the weakest.

I used to play as him in Mortal Kombat X. You could reverse your opponent's controls and wreak absolute havoc.

Mr. Freeze said:

Kinda happy tbh. The 80's are over, slasher films should've died years ago.

You know what else needs to die? All modern horror movies and their lack of genuine horror OR creepiness and barrelful of cheap jumpscares.

^

And if Jason is to rebooted again, the film crew must watch the original movies first and understand why and how it was great to watch. Just like how id Software played Classic Doom during the development of Doom 2016 (not Doom 4), and look how well that turned out.

Jason Voorhees is great, hes mu favorite horror movie killer. Although I think he was most scary in Friday the 13th 2-4... When he wasn't some silly zombie Frankenstein monster type thing.

The series' popularity has always baffled me. Slasher movies usually put me to sleep, though there's a few decent ones out there.

Ajora said:

The series' popularity has always baffled me. Slasher movies usually put me to sleep, though there's a few decent ones out there.

Slasher movies did work in the 70s and 80s... if you are a 90s kid most likely it's going to be boooring.
For the same reason slasher movies are not selling well right now. The concept belongs to the 70s and 80s, today it doesn't work, we have Internet, Cellphones, google maps, led lights... so you iluminate that whole "scary" basement with a single ligth....etc
So it's a bit unreal. Even the Friday the 13th reboot was forced, it didn't fell OK.

Might catch flack for this, but out of all the 80's slasher movies The Burning is still my favorite.