Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

DOOM Nominated for Game of The Year 2016

Doom was nominated for GOTY, but Overwatch was the game that won it. Doom instead won Best Action Game and Best Music/Sound Design.

Viscra Maelstrom said:

Doom was nominated for GOTY, but Overwatch was the game that won it. Doom instead won Best Action Game and Best Music/Sound Design.

I'm slightly biased, but didn't really think Overwatch should have won it. Still it's great that Doom still won something.

I personally got a lot more out of Overwatch (still am, still loving it), but Doom certainly was one of the best 2016 releases IMO. I need to replay it soon :)

Doom was definitely my 2nd favorite game that came out it 2016, it was one of the best shooters I've played in years. But I was done with that game in about a week. I haven't stopped playing Overwatch since it launched.

If Blizzard hadn't showed up, I think Doom could have easily taken GOTY for 2016 because it really is an awesome game.

I spend 500+ hours for new Doom. Obviously, it's game of the year for me. Hehe.

Damn, I didn't realize I've put in 400 hrs myself, which makes it my most played game since I joined Steam in 2005. That's something. The only other game I believe I have played more than this is GTA3. I'm glad I don't know the hours on that.