Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

Starting a weekly Doom stream - Need wad suggestions!

Recommended Posts

Hey peoples, I've finally decided to get some use out of my Twitch account, but I need wad recommendations from you all!

I'm currently looking for single maps or small episodes, but at some point I might end up playing megawads as well. Open to anything that will run in Zandronum or below, don't be afraid to suggest any material, be it ancient history to modern stuff.

Currently the plan is to stream every Saturday night at 8PM Eastern Time in the US (10AMSunday morning here in Australia). The first stream is scheduled for next week. My streams will be found HERE. I'll be doing my best to make the stream fun and entertaining while still offering concise feedback and criticism. Also worth noting, there's loads of popular wads out there I've yet to play or beat, so depending on what material you all suggest I might be going in totally fresh!

Go on then, tell me what you want me to play/stream/discuss/review :)

Share this post


Link to post

I'm always on the look out for people to play my Operation UAC wad. There are a few youtube videos with people playing it and I very much enjoyed watching their experience and feedback - but I'm looking for videos from people who has more experience with Doom in general and may have an appreciation for the subtle mapping quirks. I got Suitepee to play earlier version of it, but they were quite lacking back then.

Do bare in mind, it strictly requires Brutal Doom v20b but I promise many of the maps and mechanics are built for it - not used as a clutch to lean on it. You will experience most if not all Brutal Doom has to offer and balanced specifically for it. Also worth noting:
- Grenades are a powerful tool to eliminate large groups of weaker demons
- Head shots take down medium / larger demons effectively (especially with chaingun) and an excellent method to save ammo
- Ammo and pickups are balanced for BD, meaning it's more limited but rewarding to skilled marksmen and those who finish weaklings off with a shot or kick to the head
- Depending on difficulty you choose, new rooms and traps will be unlocked

It has 9 maps in total (but are medium to small maps), primarily designed for Zandronum and although my first wad I REALLY invested lots of time and love into it.

I would be honored if you did play and recoreded it, Doomkid. http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/operation-uac#comments

It would make a fellow Melbournian happy :)

Share this post


Link to post

Hey people, the twitch stream starts in 30 minutes! I'll be kicking it off with Coffee Break. Hope to see some of you there :)

EDIT: Thanks for tuning in those who did and of course a big thanks to Jaxxoon R for being the sound man :P see you next week!

Share this post


Link to post
roadworx said:

coffee break is fairly short, i think it'd also make for an interesting stream.


That would be awesome! That was an excellent wad from start to finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Chezza said:

I'm always on the look out for people to play my Operation UAC wad. There are a few youtube videos with people playing it and I very much enjoyed watching their experience and feedback - but I'm looking for videos from people who has more experience with Doom in general and may have an appreciation for the subtle mapping quirks. I got Suitepee to play earlier version of it, but they were quite lacking back then.

Do bare in mind, it strictly requires Brutal Doom v20b but I promise many of the maps and mechanics are built for it - not used as a clutch to lean on it. You will experience most if not all Brutal Doom has to offer and balanced specifically for it. Also worth noting:
- Grenades are a powerful tool to eliminate large groups of weaker demons
- Head shots take down medium / larger demons effectively (especially with chaingun) and an excellent method to save ammo
- Ammo and pickups are balanced for BD, meaning it's more limited but rewarding to skilled marksmen and those who finish weaklings off with a shot or kick to the head
- Depending on difficulty you choose, new rooms and traps will be unlocked

It has 9 maps in total (but are medium to small maps), primarily designed for Zandronum and although my first wad I REALLY invested lots of time and love into it.

I would be honored if you did play and recoreded it, Doomkid. http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/addons/operation-uac#comments

It would make a fellow Melbournian happy :)



I would like to try out your map as well. I have experience with Brutal Doom, and am currently playing the starter pack on Realism mode. So I'll give my thoughts on your map when I check it out. Very few Brutal Doom maps out there so this shoudn't be ignored.

Share this post


Link to post

Hey peoples, this weekend I'll be playing a wad by Byeblothingal 1024 (AcidGod) that is one of his enormous beasts of a map. I'll be coming back to Coffee Break again next week, but his wads deserve some limelight :)

Share this post


Link to post

Just letting you guys know I'm postponing today's stream to tomorrow or the next day - I'm sick at the moment and my voice is fucked :( My apologies

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, sweet that you started up a stream dk! I'm totally surprised that your epicly terrible internet connection is capable of doing a stream, but I think this is really sweet! I'll have to check it out when I get the chance.

Hope you feel better, btw

Share this post


Link to post
Doomkid said:

Just letting you guys know I'm postponing today's stream to tomorrow or the next day - I'm sick at the moment and my voice is fucked :( My apologies


I don't suppose you record any of these? I doubt I can catch the steam often.

*Edit* Speaking of being sick, so am I. I need to go to my local Clinic at 10:40 but I will check if the stream is live before and after I return and watch something while I recover.

ZALGO said:

I would like to try out your map as well. I have experience with Brutal Doom, and am currently playing the starter pack on Realism mode. So I'll give my thoughts on your map when I check it out. Very few Brutal Doom maps out there so this shoudn't be ignored.


Excellent, the more the better. Just bare in mind my map pack doesn't support Realism mode due to a couple jump segments.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×