Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

The Most Uncomfortable Movie Scene You Have Ever Seen

I haven't been disturbed by a movie in ages. Not since I was a kid at least. I think the first time a movie made me feel ill was when I caught The Thing for the first time on TV one night. I was young and had no idea what the movie was about or who John Carpenter was. The dog transformation scene made me feel ill to my stomach but I loved the movie and my eyes were glued to the screen. That film turned me into a gorehound, no doubt.

I've seen A Serbian Film and it didn't affect me or make my blood boil. If anything I found it kinda boring for a film. The August Underground movies were somewhat interesting in a few spots, but again, I found them a bit boring too all things considered. In my eyes, rape and serial killers murdering people and doing fucked up shit is something that happens every single day, and I've accepted the fact that there are people that will do these things long ago. So when a film tries to be edgy like it's showing me this "hard reality" like I didn't realize it was happening in the world, all I can do is yawn.

I'll take my mindless slasher flicks over these "dark reality" films any day. It's miles more entertaining to watch Jason smash a body in a sleeping bag up against a tree then watch the entirety of something like Hostel, which I found offensive in just how uninvolved and bored it made me feel.

Though I fully admit I'm probably biased towards Japanese horror, because I found Guinea Pig: Flower of Flesh and Blood, which has a somewhat similar premise to something like A Serbian Film or August Underground, to be utterly fascinating. Mostly due to the special effects honestly. They're disturbingly good, and I can easily see why Charlie Sheen saw this film and called the FBI to report it as a snuff film.

I await the day I feel disgusted or shocked again though!

Fulgrim said:

I'm not a huge advocate for censorship

Fulgrim said:

I wouldn't mind seeing it banned world wide.

Wat.

As long as nothing is actually harmed, I don't think anything should be banned regardless of the content. The people themselves need to decide what is good and what is bad, based upon what they spend their money on and what they choose to talk about. Obviously, this film struck a nerve with lots of folks, thus it gets talked about when controversial movies get brought up. Besides, banning it world-wide would only make it more sought after. You'd turn it into a collector's item, and more people would be curious to see it. If it's banned everywhere, it HAS to be pretty fucking wild, right?

It's usually always made pretty clear to a person what's in a film when it gets talked about to any extent, especially a movie like this which, honestly, doesn't have much going for it except the violent rape scenes. So if someone decides to watch something that includes rape, even though anything involving a rape makes their blood boil, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Bucket said:

No mutilation, but there's a scene in One Hour Photo that made my skin crawl like nothing else. Robin Williams plays a lonely old man who works at a photo lab and stalks a family. Creep factor 11.

Was it the hotel room scene? That was uncomfortable for me. I really like the movie though. It felt kind of surreal. Also Robin Williams playing a serious role. Looking back, you can see his pain. He also played a serious role in another of my favourite movies; Insomnia.

"The Rack" trap from Saw 3 comes to mind. That was pretty damn brutal.

I like to show The Room to people, but the sex scenes are difficult to get by. They're so painful to watch, especially given the behind the scenes stories.

Hostel was boring, and was more so plagued not by it's gross content, but by the fact that it was never clear what the movie was going for. It was clearly a horror film of some kind, but it was all over the place. Most notably is the famous image from the film where the main character dresses up with the chainsaw, looking like he's on the verge to turn the film into a violent action movie. Then he just ditches everything and runs.

It was probably one of the most obvious trailer shots I think I've seen in a movie. The bit served no purpose other than "This will look in the trailer." So, Hostel wasn't disturbing, but rather, just boring and not well built.

I can't really think of anything that mad me uncomfortable. I mean, some movie scenes make me cringe and draw a sharp breath, but all in all I don't consider them uncomfortable, I guess? The lawnmower scene from Hobo With a Shotgun makes me grip my hand on occasion, but not much else, really.

10+ years ago someone rented "A History of Violence" and my girlfriend's mom and little brother were there. It made the "sudden sex on a staircase" and "eating a woman's ass" scenes a bit difficult to watch.

I like to think that I'm fairly desensitized to a lot of movie-gore, though there are few exceptions that still make me squirm. Cabin Fever 2: Spring Fever comes to mind. It's a pretty bad movie, but some of the scenes are just so damn sick. Pretty much any movie that shows the removing of fingernails makes me wince though.

Agentbromsnor said:

Pretty much any movie that shows the removing of fingernails makes me wince though.

If I remember right, that Happy Tree Friends show from way back when had a whole episode dedicated to some character having their fingernails mutilated.

As much as I enjoy violence in video games, I dislike extreme gore in movies. Movies like Hostel gross me out, and I can't watch it. I also think, they're idiotic. I hate seeing torture scenes.

Some of my favorite movies do have gore though, (i.e. The Thing) But it suited it well, because everything else about the movie was great; atmosphere, soundtrack, memorable acting, etc.

Guest Unregistered account

Not really movie-related, but those two Spongebob episodes - one where Squidward has a sofa leg scraped across his foot repeatedly by Spongebob (which shows his toenail getting torn off) and the part in "The Splinter" where it shows Spongebob's hand scraping across a wooden floor in slow-mo as a jagged splinter slowly enters his finger - are just ones that make you wince and go "Oh, no"... I swear, the makers of the show knew what they were doing.

YTPers know exactly the discomfort they cause, and I've seen more than a few where they loop those scenes, play them slower or ear rape them.

*Shudder*

Since someone mentioned Spongebob, I'm sure many of you are familiar with Ren & Stimpy. In particular, "Ren's Toothache," an episode featuring Ren yanking out his toothless nerve endings with a pair of tweezers, something that disturbed me deeply as a child and is still an incredibly unsettling scene to witness.

Unfortunately, someone added some dumb bullshit to the YouTube clip I wanted to post; however, there's another scene from the same episode I totally forgot about, that's almost worse:

It's one of the funniest scenes in the show. I love all the horrific things that happened in the series (seasons 1 and 2 only and a few selections from 3, after they fired John K. the show suffered in quality).

GoatLord said:

It's one of the funniest scenes in the show. I love all the horrific things that happened in the series (seasons 1 and 2 only and a few selections from 3, after they fired John K. the show suffered in quality).

lol same, flapjack was another great show