Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Typing skillz

http://www.typingtest.com/

For a quick and easy test of your typing speed. It uses a java app, so it's all online. Post your scores.

I got 46 WPM. I'm faster than I thought. Whoooohooo! :)

I got 30 wpm, and that was doing it the fast way.

Me = worthless at all skills.

I did the Huckleberry Finn one too, and I ended up with 73 WPM with 9 mistakes. That's pretty good, considering English is not my native language..

In typing class I could have finished the fucking Bible before the kids in my class would finish a fucking line (not literally but I typed a lot faster than them)

Hmm. After doing some thinking, I'm seriously considering making "the jump." Seems like a worthwhile thing to do. I wonder if it's possible to be proficient in both QWERTY and Dvorak. When I found out that Windows has built-in Dvorak support, well, hmmm.. I want some friendly training software.

AndrewB said:

Hmm. After doing some thinking, I'm seriously considering making "the jump." Seems like a worthwhile thing to do. I wonder if it's possible to be proficient in both QWERTY and Dvorak. When I found out that Windows has built-in Dvorak support, well, hmmm.. I want some friendly training software.

not bad

DooMBoy said:

So, how good are your typing skillz0rs? I think I'm pretty good at typing...I've only been doing it since fifth grade. As for some people (gatewatcher, RailGunner, anyone? :), I think their spelling, capitilization, spelling, punctuation, and grammar pretty much speak for themselves. :)

oh boo-hoo, i don't capitalize that often. but my spelling and grammar are very good compared to some of the shit we see on the forums.

Doomboy, i never really wanted to do this but since you took it upon yourself to insult me about something that isn't even true and insult me on such a stupid subject which is a general waste of time, i'm going to have to.

DooMBoy said:

I think their spelling, capitilization, spelling, punctuation, and grammar pretty much speak for themselves. :)

stupidity cannot be concealed

thinking was your first mistake. repeating a word (this is English at it's best) was your second. thank you.

edit: like fraggle said, you spelled capitalisation wrong. that's the third.

I: Thou shalt not bump.

II: Thou shalt not troll.
~ II.a: Even if thou ist replying to a troll.
~~ II.a.1: Even if thou tries to be smartassed about it.

III: Thou shalt not comment on or make fun of thy moderator's gadzookery.

IV: The next person to comment on someone else's spelling or grammer shall be eaten by Zombie Shakespeare.

Grammar, not grammer.

I tried the Huck Finn one again today and broke 100 WPM. That is, 100 with zero errors. It's the easiest of the bunch I'm. Tomorrow I think I'm going to venture in the dark world of Dvorakistan.

AndrewB said:

Grammar, not grammer.

I tried the Huck Finn one again today and broke 100 WPM. That is, 100 with zero errors.

You're not supposed to the same one more than once. It works best when it's a text you haven't read before.

Zaldron said:

You're not supposed to the same one more than once. It works best when it's a text you haven't read before.

What the heck, I know that. Didn't I concede that I tried it again?

WPM as a measurement has serious (rather obvious) flaws. CPM should be the standard.

orion said:

Lately I've became a shyt tiper ™. I used to manage 65 wpm with 95% accuracy before though, I should really switch to dvorak.

I'd be helpless without my QWERTY keyboard.

By the way, the best I've typed is 34 words per minute.

Well, I've officially started the transition. I rearranged all the letters on my keyboard today. Hello keyboard, nice to be looking at you again. So far, I pretty much have the word "you" down pat.

I'm not even going to bother testing my typing skillz because I know they really really bite. I guess it's because all the people I know use AIM a lot, so they've got more experience with typing, where as all I type any more is Java code, and I don't attempt to be fast with it.

After about a week and a half, I took the test again (1 min) and typed 19WPM.

It sounds slow but it's quite comfortable.

fraggle said:

Almost missed this:
Capitalisation

And I almost missed that one too. "Capitalisation" would not have been the correct spelling for DoomBoy to have used.
"Capitalization" is the correct spelling in American English.
"Capitalisation" and "Capitalization" are both acceptable in British English. The standard in the British publishing industry is to use the American preference, especially when publishing for an international market. (And yes, there are people that get very excited about -ise/-ize; I find it quite amusing.)