Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cadman

Anyone interested?

RailGunner said:

somebody link me a screenshot of their level for the top left of the site. and tell me which map## it is and the title name.
Note: I reserved MAP07: Dark Horizon.
Thanx

I'm already making map07 dammit. Don't totally ruin my creativity.

Ultimate DooMer said:

Never tried that. Oh well, it means I can just stick the flat in my wad. (the only niggle is that it doesn't show up in WA, but I'm used to that, as my ZDoom episode has a load of 'em....)

That's strange, if you add a flat to a WAD it definitely shows up in WadAuthor. It has an asterisk next to it if it's not part of the original wadfile.

Archvile64 said:

That's strange, if you add a flat to a WAD it definitely shows up in WadAuthor. It has an asterisk next to it if it's not part of the original wadfile.

Only if the flat replaces one of the originals (I did this in my doom2.exe/heretic wads). If the flat has a custom name (like CONS1_3) then it doesn't show.

RailGunner said:

I'll stick it in a differnt slot then.

It's using 666 and 667 tags though.

Ultimate DooMer said:

Only if the flat replaces one of the originals (I did this in my doom2.exe/heretic wads). If the flat has a custom name (like CONS1_3) then it doesn't show.

Something must be wrong then, cause every single flat I've added through WinTex on a new name has shown up in the list on WadAuthor. Are you sure the flats you're adding are 64x64?

RailGunner said:

Im using MAP25 then.

Map25? I thought we were only replacing 10-20 maps? oh well, if we do all the levels it gives me chances to make more maps for it ;P

hey railgunner, are you going to let us submit screenshots to the site?

my map coming along slowly. I can put some more effort into it during my work week. I really don't care where it goes, but it should be around map 12-14.

EDIT: bah maybe i should actually read earlier posts ;)

First, how to insert new flats without the need to extract all old flats to your new wad as well. The way to do this is to insert these new flats between two entries called FF_START and F_END. If you don't know how to make these entries, you can download a tiny zipped wad called entries.zip from this site (0,17K). This wad contains all the entries mentioned in this news section. An example: let's say you have a wad with your new flats called MYWAD.WAD and the ENTRIES.WAD. With NWT you can first extract the FF_START entry to a new WAD called eg. NEWFLATS.WAD (that is, load by pressing ALT-L in NWT, select ENTRIES.WAD, highlight FF_START, press F4, output file called NEWFLATS.WAD, press ENTER), then the new flats, and conclude by extracting F_END and voila! you can play NEWFLATS.WAD without the need to extract all the old flats as well.

- Doomworld editing pages

I choose 'select flats', create a new entry and load the bitmap into it. Wintex automatically generates the FF_START and F_END entries when I put the flat in.

I've also done it by copy-and-pasting a flat from the iwad, changing its name and loading up the rotated console bitmap, and it does the same thing.

Is it anything to do with Wintex? If so, will putting the flat in with DeePsea fix this?

I think the problem might just be when you hit "New Entry."

Simply do edit --> load entry from file, and choose the bmp that you want as long as it's 64x64. Or you can copy and paste from another wad by using edit --> copy entries and edit --> paste entries.

Use3D said:

Map25? I thought we were only replacing 10-20 maps? oh well, if we do all the levels it gives me chances to make more maps for it ;P

hey railgunner, are you going to let us submit screenshots to the site?

my map coming along slowly. I can put some more effort into it during my work week. I really don't care where it goes, but it should be around map 12-14.

EDIT: bah maybe i should actually read earlier posts ;)

Yes. Read the earlier posts. Now send me the screenshots dammit. Also, this is 32 level megawad.

RailGunner said:

Now send me the screenshots dammit. Also, this is 32 level megawad.

okay thanks railgunner. i'll get some screen shots out to you in the next week or so.

Thanks everyone for keeping things going, this is very exciting. I'm really looking forward to getting this all put together. 32 maps? Sure I'm for it, so all you designers out there fire up those editors and get to mapping!

We do need to know what map slot you're going for so Railgunner can post it on the webpage so people can see what slots are still open. Keep it going guys! These are your maps, make these levels kick some serious arse!

Any completed levels please send to me, thanks!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT fisherh5@bellsouth.net

Cadman said:

We do need to know what map slot you're going for so Railgunner can post it on the webpage so people can see what slots are still open

Also give me screenshots and the title of the level.

Cadman said:

We do need to know what map slot you're going for so Railgunner can post it on the webpage so people can see what slots are still open. Keep it going guys! These are your maps, make these levels kick some serious arse!

It depends on the theme in each of the 3 sections. My level is over half-done (762 sectors so far) and is an underground hi-tech base map. If the tech maps are in section 3, then this should go in at map 24-29. If the 3rd section is gothic/hellish, then it should go in at map 17-20.

(although it may not be suitable for map 20, as at the end you escape from the base on a train, which wouldn't flow nicely into the start of a hellish map 21. Unless the end of the line has been taken over by hell, of course. It would flow OK into city maps, though)

BTW, when are you looking for the project to be finished? (as I might do a second map if it goes to 32...)

RailGunner: when the website is up and running I'll send you a couple of screenshots, along with the (currently undecided) name of the map.

Archvile64 said:

I think the problem might just be when you hit "New Entry."

Simply do edit --> load entry from file, and choose the bmp that you want as long as it's 64x64. Or you can copy and paste from another wad by using edit --> copy entries and edit --> paste entries.

Tried all those, and they didn't work. (I also tried modifying the bitmap from inside Wintex, then changing the flat name and that didn't work either)

Ultimate DooMer said:

My level is over half-done (762 sectors so far) and is an underground hi-tech base map.

damn! when did you start this map?

Use the forums to talk about the Community Chest Megawad for now on. That's what they are there for. :D

RailGunner: when the website is up and running I'll send you a couple of screenshots, along with the (currently undecided) name of the map.

Site up.

Again, use the Community Chest forums for further talk about the megawad.

Hey Cadman, I just sent you two levels: Space Station, Blood Runners.

you can rip away new textures if you dont want the few patches I included. it would not matter.

Use3D said:

damn! when did you start this map?

Last weekend, I think (I'm a pretty fast mapbuilder). Although it has that many sectors, it didn't take as long cos I made one detailed area and copy-and-pasted it 3 times, as the main area has 2 lines of symmetry through it. So it's not as big as you think. It'll still take a while to play, though.

Okay everyone, the Web Page is up! Thanks goes out to Railgunner for setting up the page. All information about this Community Megawad Project can be found on the page. If you would like to contribute then by all means do! The more maps the better! More information can be found at...http://www.tradingsystems.net/max/doom/cadman

That's it! Hope to see you there!

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Ultimate DooMer said:

Tried all those, and they didn't work. (I also tried modifying the bitmap from inside Wintex, then changing the flat name and that didn't work either)

That's quite odd, then. It's always worked perfectly on WinTex for me.

Archvile64 said:

That's quite odd, then. It's always worked perfectly on WinTex for me.

Which version of Wintex are you using? I use v4.3, but I think another version came out, which I haven't got because the only improvements were multiplayer-based or something.