Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Doomworld Confessions

I used to lurk from time to time since 2007 (more or less when KDIZD got released), then some years later i decided to join a speedmap session just for the hell of it, and when the wad got reviewed in newstuff chronicles my map was roasted so bad by the reviewer that i stoped visiting the site for... em... well...some years...

Four Loko Is Gross said:

people actually believed that

Who legitimately believes that? I agree though, sounds hilarious!

Four Loko Is Gross said:

people actually believed that

Certainly just in the sense that it's their favorite explanation of seemingly unrealistic game behavior - favorite partly due to vaguely making sense, but mainly due to being fun to think about. Also, I'm sure these people weren't the majority of Doomers by far, anyway.

CyberDemonEmpress said:

I've read about 90 percent of the posts in Post Hell.

This part is true for me. Also sometimes I would go back and look at some of the early posts (<2005) just for laughs.

scifista42 said:

Certainly just in the sense that it's their favorite explanation of seemingly unrealistic game behavior - favorite partly due to vaguely making sense, but mainly due to being fun to think about. Also, I'm sure these people weren't the majority of Doomers by far, anyway.

Let's not forget the Doomguy would have to be heavily obese based on his hitbox dimensions and sprite height:width ratio. In addition to being faster than a cheetah and moving on wheels of course.

Also, based on the height of a player's viewpoint (not his sprite head, but the actual player camera perspective), his eyes would be set lower on his face, perhaps around his jawline, if I recall correctly

Four Loko Is Gross said:

I think the idea of Doomguy riding around in a rocket powered wheelchair is hilarious.

I think the idea of a spider mastermind or arachnotron stumbling around on roller skates just as hilarious.

I've become ArmyKnifeWolf, which means I'm in Army, I'm a soldier. I'm engineer so let me solve some problems by my AK and napil'nik.

I post way more than I should. Probably so I can get my own custom Avatar and custom Status. Yeah, I'm that kind of guy.

I always drink right from the juice can. If I have beer, I'll pour it into a pint glass.

One of the default icons here that I see people sometimes using; a silver 'J' with a red flame on black background?

I made that in MSPaint about 15 years ago, for myself. I have a much better avatar now (which I also made).

Not so much a confession as something I've been wondering: what on earth happened on Feb 15th 2015 that meant 9,800 odd people were logged onto the forum?

And why wasn't I invited? :'(

For some odd reason I forgot about InstaDoom.

I'm probably just getting old... kids these days. Rawr.

Edit: Seriously though, selfie sticks need to die. Now. I'm not even going to pretend that narcissism is a good thing. Even if it is politically correct to do things that will result in the death of your genetic line.

It's obviously a matter of opinion, but it's fucking weird how entire industries have sprung up around creating the illusion of the individual as being something worthy of being admired. Yeah, no.

I know I'm just as boring as everyone else. Maybe I randomly inherited some genes that make me better at some tasks than other people. Maybe some people are just born retarded. Shit happens. Don't try to pretend the retards are equal to the people that actually have skills and abilities.

ZALGO said:

I post way more than I should. Probably so I can get my own custom Avatar and custom Status. Yeah, I'm that kind of guy.

i'm kinda similar - i obsess over my post count and title. its a bad habit from the forums I used to go to, and i need to knock it off ):

roadworx said:

i'm kinda similar - i obsess over my post count and title. its a bad habit from the forums I used to go to, and i need to knock it off ):

forums.somethingawful.com?

postcount++?

If it makes you feel any better, I was a member since the really, really early days, and I can no longer justify being a member there.

The horrible scat video pretty much ended it for me.

roadworx said:

I'll help out

Linguica said:

I'll help out

As a "Badministrator", can't you just modify your own post count, regardless of how it reflects on reality?

...and this is exactly why these kinds of threads of discussion are normally avoided or deleted.

Four Loko Is Gross said:

Don't try to pretend the retards are equal to the people that actually have skills and abilities.

Uhh... when you say "retards" are you talking about the actual intellectually impaired? or just people with sub-average marketable skills?

Four Loko Is Gross said:

Don't try to pretend the retards are equal to the people that actually have skills and abilities.

hey uhh uuuhhh you mind like uhhh not saying stuff like that. what the fuck dude

Agentbromsnor said:

My confession is that I dislike some of the more obvious anti-ZDoom related comments that tend to pop up on this forum.

And I dislike how untouchable some folk seem to find ZDoom. Clearly this means we have to fight, preferably on a windy clifftop during a thunderstorm-without-any-rain or something.

I confess that I have this naive hope that some day, something I post in EE will actually make sense and people will dig it.

Confessions concerning Doomworld Forums:

- I knowingly replied late to this thread.
- I don't know who Esselfortium is. But at least now I know she's a female.
- I assume everyone on here is male until I learn otherwise.
- I only joined this forum to meet women. (Just kidding!)

Confessions concerning Doom gameplay:

- I make full use of ZDoom's ability to run over and under monsters, I make full use of ZDoom's ability to hide behind "things" and shoot hitscan weapons through them, and yet I get mad when someone walks over the tops of the torches in The Citadel.
- I've only played the original Doom once.
- I've only played Doom 2 twice.
- I've never played Doom 3 or 4.
- I don't like some of the most highly acclaimed levels in Doom history (e.g. Misri Halek)
- I like it when a megaWAD ends with a slaughterfest.
- When playing Resurgence blind, I sometimes used god-mode just to see where I was supposed to go.
- I play really hard WADs, but I abuse savestates. I just can't be bothered to lower the difficulty or play the same section over and over again.

GoatLord said:

I confess that I have this naive hope that some day, something I post in EE will actually make sense and people will dig it.

I find the topics interesting. I don't understand the hate your threads get.