Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Doomworld Confessions

Not to he confused with the doom confessional booth

Confess things that you used to believe about this forum or her members.

My confession: I used to think Doomworld belonged to Fraggle until I found out Linguica was the forum's creator.

I used to think esselfortium was a man. But she is in fact, a woman.

Forums user myk philosophically cornered me into being an atheist. I don't know if that's made me a happier person, but the slow realization that we are dumb monkeys clinging to a rock that's falling through the void and there is no order beyond what we have chosen to impose with our malleable and flawed perspective has shown me the value of humanity. I also now find the new atheism even more obnoxious then when I was a God fearing Catholic.

So props for that dude. Thanks for legitimately broadening my perspective and not just angry on the internet

I was a regular visitor at the Doomworld homepage and /idgames back in 2010 and onwards, but I didn't join the forum until 2013.

Perhaps consequently, that has led to me checking in /idgames a whole lot less nowadays.

well...

- i was nastier and used to swear a lot more when i first started doomworld. i'm mature now tho :) no i'm not

- i usually edit my post 2-3 times because i suck at english and bbcode. mostly bbcode.

- i too used to think essel was a man until a few seconds ago when i read RUSH's post

- i'm constantly worried i'll get banned or loser'd

- the first (and only) time i got loser'd, i posted a really sincere apology. i probably made myself out to be a wuss, lol

- i'm pretty sure that nearly all my posts are low-quality

- i overuse acronyms and emoticons

i'm sure there's more, but this is all i can think of for now

I've lurked these forums since 2012, before I finally signed up to make maps in 2015.

RUSH said:

I used to think esselfortium was a man. But she is in fact, a woman.

Same!!!

I try not to look at EE threads because I'm afraid I might get brain cancer. The folks in that last PH-ed thread seem to be infected with no chance of recovery.
I was apparently losered once, but found it out only after 2 weeks. It might've been just me messing with the [ sub ] tag, though. :/
I'm 100% sure there are more transsexuals here than actual women.
I edit my posts a lot.
I think scifista42 is secretly John Carmack and Gez is John Carmack's sockpuppet account. Or maybe it's the other way around.
I sometimes want to insult some folks here but I know I'll get banned. That's something only *insert smb u h8* can do apparently.

Not really Doomworld related but

Spoiler

I have an account on Booty Ass Fields

bzzrak said:

I sometimes want to insult some folks here but I know I'll get banned. That's something only *insert smb u h8* can do apparently.

Pretty sure you just did that there buddy~

Lets see...confessions...hardly exciting but I don't update my Gzdoom not because I have trouble or because I can't run it- it's purely because I'm so lazy I can't be bothered to redo all the settings since losing the INI for it...even then I still didn't update very often! :P

I think people naturally have a tendency to resort to violence and other sorts of petty insults when they run out of other ammunition. Try not to get too emotionally charged during forum discussions, (and if you cant help it, try issuing a PM to work it out outside of public topics) However, its best to just ignore it and let it fizzle put naturally. "Winning" in a forum debate really doesn't feel as rewarding as one would think, and sometimes you cant win even if you are 100% right, just because the other person will fight tooth and nail just to get the last word. If you just stop posting it implies you're too busy with other real life things to continue with it. So who is the real winner there?

Yeah not going to make it an argument, just some...lets see.."thoughtless posting" from some parties can happen lets say.

Anyway another confession hmm..that's NOT Doom related..?
How about that I can't eat fruit and vegetables because they make me physically gag, fruit juice is fine (so long as it doesn't have bits) and it's less often the taste as it is the texture and just...doing it I guess ;P Eating disorders suck!

mrthejoshmon said:

I used to think /idgames was run by a bot.

If you mean the idgames database here on DW, it basically is.

I still don't like the picture of Daisy's severed head on a spike after all these years. So I'm using AdBlock's custom filter to block the image on the left-top.

Linguica said:

If you mean the idgames database here on DW, it basically is.

I see, I take it the emai verification is a bot too (god help the poor guy if it isn't a bot)

antares031 said:

I still don't like the picture of Daisy's severed head on a spike after all these years. So I'm using AdBlock's custom filter to block the image on the left-top.

You can just set a specific image to load in that corner via Display Options on the homepage. That's what I did.

I used to think Doomworld belonged to TraceOfSpades until I discovered it was actually owned by Linguica through a network of shell companies in the Caribbeans.

bzzrak said:

I try not to look at EE threads because I'm afraid I might get brain cancer. The folks in that last PH-ed thread seem to be infected with no chance of recovery.

I only look at EE to get fucking mad

bzzrak said:

I'm 100% sure there are more transsexuals here than actual women.

I'm 100% sure there aren't any actual women here.

I have a personal belief that the stupid posts and postees that frequent post hell help breathe life in these forums. Admit it or not, it keeps things interesting.

FuzzballFox said:

Lets see...confessions...hardly exciting but I don't update my Gzdoom not because I have trouble or because I can't run it- it's purely because I'm so lazy I can't be bothered to redo all the settings since losing the INI for it...even then I still didn't update very often! :P

huh? you don't lose your config settings when updating GZDoom. it should still work just as well with the new version as it did the old one. the only time it didn't work was when GZDoom started calling its config file gzdoom-user.ini rather than zdoom-user.ini, which is simply fixed by adding the letter G. ini files are rather interchangeable.

Viscra Maelstrom said:

huh? you don't lose your config settings when updating GZDoom.

I thought she meant that she already lost her config somehow, and didn't want to use GZDoom anymore because she would have to redo all the configs that she already lost.

Mithran Denizen said:

I'm 100% sure there aren't any actual people here.

That's the first rule they teach you in the Doomworld Moderator school. It helps clicking the trigger when they cry and beg.

scifista42 said:

I thought she meant that she already lost her config somehow, and didn't want to use GZDoom anymore because she would have to redo all the configs that she already lost.

Ding ding ding-
Pretty much this- I had a misshape where I accidently overwrote the ini file with a "new" one messing up what I had- perhaps though reading all this, having a shower then cracking open a bag of fancy fruit pastilles I could download the newest version to see what this new lighting is all about, after setting up things...if I can be bothered...

These sweets though- I'm a little bit apprehensive to try them but they were on offer so why not :D

dew said:

That's the first rule they teach you in the Doomworld Moderator school. It helps clicking the trigger when they cry and beg.

What's the second rule?