Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe-ilya

Going Nowhere Fast [Community Project]

Voltcom9 said:

I like the idea of this CP but am not overly keen on BOOM mapping. It really limits my creative process and is less enjoyable for me to work with so I will not be submitting a map. That being said I really like the concept of this and I'm definitely interested in seeing the end result of this project (if it gains enough traction).

You could give me your Zdoom map and I'll detune it to BOOM compability + you're a newbie in mapping(?), so you won't make anything that much advanced in terms of gameplay and interactivity.

3d floors = fake 3d floors
Slopes = stairs
Swimmable areas = same
Coloured sectors = same, plus coloured textures
Reflective surfaces = fake reflective sectors

joe-ilya said:

3d floors = fake 3d floors
Slopes = stairs
Swimmable areas = same
Coloured sectors = same, plus coloured textures
Reflective surfaces = fake reflective sectors

Do you even know what any of those things are? How the hell are you even running a community project, do you even know what a community is? You are literally a mapping disaster, it takes the whole community tuning up just one of your maps to make it playable (not even decent).

Decay said:

How the hell are you even running a community project, do you even know what a community is?.

I don't think "Hey, I have an idea; okay now go and make it for me" counts as a community project.

Fuck off, jackasses, I made four maps (and I'm going to make a couple more if this goes the right track), so this is clearly not just some cheap bullshit idea that you claim this project to be.

Whoa Decay! So you also insult the amazing mappers who tuned my earliest works in License To Ilya for not being up to par with your heavenly wisdom, stop acting so provocative, you cyberbully, I know what I'm doing, I know the drill, I've made two motherfucking community projects already.
Plus, Boom has all these features that I mentioned, are you going to fight the facts, young man?

joe-ilya said:

Plus, Boom has all these features that I mentioned, are you going to fight the facts, young man?

Calling your elders "young man" isn't very wise. I think before doom skills you need some manners.

Memfis said:

Decay, your posts stink.

And your posts smell like horse cum. You probably have the horse head mask on for extra meme irony.

Joe-ilya you need to shut up and listen and respect people, you've been told that over a year ago, you haven't changed one bit, you are the mapping Titanic, you know you will ram into that iceberg and fall down deep to the sea where there is no return but you are still fucking going at full steam ahead! You just ensured that no one will sorry for you down the road. Except those that don't know who you really are.

alterworldruler said:

And your posts smell like horse cum. You probably have the horse head mask on for extra meme irony.

Joe-ilya you need to shut up and listen and respect people, you've been told that over a year ago, you haven't changed one bit, you are the mapping Titanic, you know you will ram into that iceberg and fall down deep to the sea where there is no return but you are still fucking going at full steam ahead! You just ensured that no one will sorry for you down the road. Except those that don't know who you really are.

what the fuck are you talking about alter?

Why are people kicking up a storm about this? There is nothing strict or overbearing about it, seems like a cool idea overall.

I really liked what you did on map01, never seen that before. Really cute old school architecture, which goes for the existing maps so far. I didn't play the slaughter maps though, but I did run through them just to check them out. I hope this project turns out well. I'll submit a map if I find the time to make one. :)

Good luck.

Xaser said:

This thread is a brainwreck.

[That is not a typo.]

Project title is appropriate to thread content.

Crunchynut44 said:

Why are people kicking up a storm about this? There is nothing strict or overbearing about it, seems like a cool idea overall.

I'm gonna say that people are bashing Joe Ilya because this thread was originally going to be a scythe community project, but the maps Joe shown in the OP look nothing like the maps found in the scythe series. He also has a reputation for making bad maps and generally being an asshole at times.

Breezeep said:

I'm gonna say that people are bashing Joe Ilya because this thread was originally going to be a scythe community project, but the maps Joe shown in the OP look nothing like the maps found in the scythe series. He also has a reputation for making bad maps and generally being an asshole at times.

TBH, it still is, but not visually to say the least.
You should also stop bringing up the argument that I've made unintentionally terrible maps 3 years ago, you're being an asshole yourself (+1 irony) everytime you say that, like it makes a point or *something something*.

Crunchynut44 said:

I'll submit a map if I find the time to make one. :)

Good luck.

Welcome, man, I like your maps in your Cereal Killer community project.

jmickle66666666 said:

I like joe's maps :/

Joe Ilya's 1024 ABC is the best 1024 set ever made.

^ Not sure if it qualifies as a 1024 wad at all, because it doesn't strictly follow the classic 1024-area rules - or is this actually the reason why it's the best 1024 wad?

scifista42 said:

^ Not sure if it qualifies as a 1024 wad at all, because it doesn't strictly follow the classic 1024-area rules

What?! Christmas is ruined

Could you stop derailing the thread? I'm surprised a mod goes along with the derailing, I feel the need to backseat this.

I'll see about contributing something. It will probably never be finished though. Worse comes to worse, I can always piddle around with others maps if they wish it.

joe-ilya said:

Could you stop derailing the thread? I'm surprised a mod goes along with the derailing, I feel the need to backseat this.

Why? You continue to derail the thread that got you losered. How about you backseat yourself first before crying about slipping standards?

joe-ilya said:

Could you stop derailing the thread? I'm surprised a mod goes along with the derailing.

C'mon, you'll have to excuse current mods, those hormonal imbalances can surely cloud your judgement quite a bit. Right, dew?

"Cloud your judgement", haha, I get it. :D

For Map02, are there restrictions on what weapons I am allowed to use? Is it too early for SSG? I assume shotgun, chaingun and berserk are OK?

ChaingunnerX said:

I claim Map03.Map name - "Swamp".

Got you on list, but please theme your map in something rural, not natural. (for now I've listed your map untitled)

SArais said:

I'll see about contributing something. It will probably never be finished though. Worse comes to worse, I can always piddle around with others maps if they wish it.

A vice versa can happen too.

Memfis said:

For Map02, are there restrictions on what weapons I am allowed to use? Is it too early for SSG? I assume shotgun, chaingun and berserk are OK?

Yeah, and imps, zombiemen, shotgunners, demons, spectres, lost souls, and a green armor (perhaps in a secret) + ammo.

dew said:

Why? You continue to derail the thread that got you losered. How about you backseat yourself first before crying about slipping standards?

I didn't derail it, I gave feedback and you pushed me back because I wasn't positive and because it's obvious, or some stupid shit.