Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PeterMoro

Turn off Icon of Sin

Hi fellow DOOMers,
so I'm making a Doom level and one area has the Icon of Sin in it but its just part of the area, not the end boss like the end of DOOM II. So my problem is: i want it to stop spawning monsters when you leave that area. Is there any known way to stop it spawning without resorting to coding? I'm pretty nooby at coding but it might be the only way or just not include it in the map.
Thanx for your input.

The existing Monster Spawner thing, once awakened, spawns Spawn Cubes infinitely until the level ends. Either you would have to code a modified version of the Monster Spawner in DECORATE, or (assuming you're mapping in UDMF or at least Hexen format) use Thing_Remove to remove the Monster Spawner from the map.

You can make it spawn monsters in some monster closet and from there they will teleport into the map. Then at some point you close that closet so that they can't move anymore. And just make the spawn sound silent so that it doesn't seem weird afterwards. That sound is annoying as hell anyway.

scifista42 said:

The existing Monster Spawner thing, once awakened, spawns Spawn Cubes infinitely until the level ends. Either you would have to code a modified version of the Monster Spawner in DECORATE, or (assuming you're mapping in UDMF or at least Hexen format) use Thing_Remove to remove the Monster Spawner from the map.

Could you not give the spawner health and death state via dehacked? I should just try this out myself tbf, this has got me thinking..