Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tindrone

playsound not workin[SOLVED]

I nee help with the playsound function in ACS but my sound isn't playing, it's a default sound within the IWad so i don't know what the trouble is, here is my script

script 1 OPEN {
PlaySound (0,"player/death3" );
SetFont("BIGFONT");
HudMessage(s:"Welcome To The Experiment"; HUDMSG_PLAIN, 1, CR_DARKGREEN, 0.5, 0.1, 0);
HudMessage(s:"Step into the simulation when you are ready"; HUDMSG_PLAIN, 2, CR_DARKGREEN, 0.5, 0.8, 0);
}

PlaySound(0,"player/death3") tries to play sound "player/death3" from the position of the script's activator, but an OPEN script has no activator. Use ENTER script instead of OPEN if you want the player to be considered the activator. Or use AmbientSound instead of PlaySound if you want the sound to play globally instead of originating from the player.

scifista42 said:

PlaySound(0,"player/death3") tries to play sound "player/death3" from the position of the script's activator, but an OPEN script has no activator. Use ENTER script instead if you want the player to be considered the activator.

It still did not play the sound these are the changes I have made:
script 1 ENTER {
PlaySound (0,"player/death3");
SetFont("BIGFONT");
HudMessage(s:"Welcome the experiment"; HUDMSG_PLAIN, 1, CR_DARKGREEN, 0.5, 0.1, 0);
HudMessage(s:"Step into the simulation when you are ready"; HUDMSG_PLAIN, 2, CR_DARKGREEN, 0.5, 0.8, 0);
}

maybe I am missing an important parameter or somthing

The stock sound's SNDINFO name might actually be "player/male/death3" rather than "player/death3".