Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mechadon

Doom 64 for Doom II - v1.4 released, /idgames link is up

Glad to see this finally making it to the finish line! A huge round of applause to everyone who got this out the door, drinks are on me. 😉

Thanks a lot Death Egg!  I'm glad you gave me the opportunity to take the reigns and finish this off.  The idea was way too fun to let it die on the vine.

Played this in multiplayer a few times and I have to say I'm impressed by the consistency in the design of these levels. Mechadon touching nearly every level must have helped a lot and I think this is exactly the kind of "supervision" that a lot of community projects need. Nice work!

I haven't been this excited for a DOOM mod in a long time! I hope it works on Zandronum

Edited by Vegeta

Damn, it's so well done! Everything is very clean and polished. And the Motherdemon is incredible! Great work guys!

IMPORTANT!

Here's a METAL status bar. It looks good for the ENTIRE WAD.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/frkw4vvw08go1ph/D64metbar.zip?dl=0

(I'm not the original author but I did modify it a bit. Between nov 017 and feb 018 there was a discussion on this thread in which I and another discussed a metal status bar. He ended up posting one he made and I slightly edited it.)

Edited by StalkerZHS

Thanks for the extra statusbar StalkerZHS!  Would you mind if I added a link to it in the first post?

Just now, Mechadon said:

Thanks for the extra statusbar StalkerZHS!  Would you mind if I added a link to it in the first post?

YES!

I wanted the met STbar to be the official one for so long!

I understand, the statusbar was something that lots of people seemed divided on.  I was adamant about basing it off of vanilla art assets though, so that's why it didn't get added to the main project.  But I definitely don't mind giving people an option!

Anyways, I just added links to it.  The wide-screen version had to be fixed (it wasn't offset properly) and I also had to convert them to the Doom image format.

Thanks!

Ugh, red key puzzle on MAP06 which still has the nukage floor from earlier versions.

WHO HURT YOU? OWN UP

I want to congratulate everyone who participated in the project. I am proud of being a part of the team, we all gave a lot and it shows, the whole thing looks, sounds and plays great!

Cheers, everyone! Grab a glass of your favorite beverage, you deserve it!

I myself will grab a glass of cherry Dr. Pepper. This one's for all of you! Now I need to sit down and actually enjoy what we've all created.

BTW, @StalkerZHS, I was the one who originally made that metal status bar. You certainly made it look better! Glad to see it finally included in the project as an add-on!

Anyone who comes here, have no doubt, this one is a top-quality mod, grab it ASAP and get on with it!! What are you waiting for?!

I have a compatibility question about of 2 little iwad named blood fixer by Nevander and Pistol Start Enforcer by Phobus.
I test quickly with this megawad Doom 64 for Doom II (I used GZDoom 3.4.1 x64) and it seems to work properly.

But I'm afraid of potential bugs in the following levels maybe with the final boss, I don't know.

PS:Congratulations for the release

Can't about your mods but I'm playing with Smooth Doom and so far in regular play the nightmare imps have worked out just fine: just warped to MAP30, spoiling a little for myself in the process, and the motherdemon appears to work fine.

As much as I looked forward to this and enjoyed playing it earlier I do have a thought.  

Isn't making this a sticky, or any wad a sticky over any others disrespectful to anyone else currently posting their works?  It doesn't seem fair.

15 minutes ago, loveless said:

Isn't making this a sticky, or any wad a sticky over any others disrespectful to anyone else currently posting their works?  It doesn't seem fair.

If I may...?

This is a big project. As in, a pretty big deal. That it hadn't been done before now is one of the more surprising things about the community (Doom 64 is very well-loved, and before projects like The Absolution and Doom 64 EX, there wasn't means for many people to play it; pre-Absolution, N64 emulation wasn't an ideal solution) -- but now it is here, it is a very polished and noteworthy project.

REKKR was also stickied, and since I think both mods are playing in similar leagues regarding the magnitude and importance of the project, the measure is pretty much justified.

I cannot try this before next week, but once I am able to, I will surely give this a spin. How fortunate to have two highly anticipated projects getting released around the same time!

Congrats on the release! The pot of gold is finally here! Also, “lazydon” is less fitting by the day. 

I'm very appreciative of the pinning, it means a lot to me!  There was a lot of time and effort poured into this from everyone involved.  I don't think it was the intention of the admins to have this overshadow other projects, and I certainly don't want that. 

This project ended up being much larger undertaking than I had anticipated.  Not to mention it took over 5 years since its inception to finally realize.  I figured "hey, I'll just reorganize the project, have people finish their maps, add some minor bits, and that'll be it".  But then, of course, I ended up sticking my nose in over half of the maps and then....yea :P.  But I'm glad its finally out.

I've found this video on my channel...

Find the 10 differences from the final version ;P

It plays well with Crispy Doom, in Doom Retro on second map switch that should lower pillar for blue key area simply hurts you. Oh well, gotta stick with 'nilla. ;p

Edited by FearTheReaper

1 hour ago, FearTheReaper said:

It plays well with Crispy Doom, in Doom Retro on second map switch that should lower pillar for blue key area simply hurts you. Oh well, gotta stick with 'nilla. ;p

Very unusual. I just tried it myself, and yep, -5%. I'll look into what's causing it.

Sounds like the same problem ZDaemon was having.  I don't know the specifics of why, but its because the voodoo dolls sit directly on top of the line actions.  When I moved the lines 1mp in front of the doll, they would work.  At the time, ZDaemon was the only port that didn't trigger the actions like this, every other port we tested in worked.

I made Boom-format versions of the maps that make use of voodoo dolls to help get around this issue.  The Boom-format maps get loaded in place of the vanilla ones in advanced ports via MAPINFO lumps.  Initially I altered the voodoo dolls so they would work in ZDaemon, but it meant that they took more damage and thus meant there was a higher risk of players being put into an undead state.  The current voodoo setup does less damage to the player which is why I reverted back to it.

The "scripting" on the switch in the dark room near the start of Map02 is broken on ITYTD in choco. Also idcleving to Map02 in Eternity and PrBoom+ seems to load the vanilla version, not the Boom version?

Stuck monsters in Dark Entries, HMP.

GZDoom with Smooth Doom, in case those are important factors.

Screenshot_Doom_20180714_140901.png.89b3ac4f24b5c6f38613b59e7e06d564.png