Doom 64 for Doom II: Respawned! - Build v2 is up!

The chaingun speed increase is a little much IMO. The nightmare monsters are not entirely unwarranted, though I couldn't tell you at this stage whether or not I will find any use for them while I'm updating Blood Keep and a few of the other maps. Maybe if I add in my own new areas.

EDIT: If nobody picks up Nevander's Dark Citadel before I finish Blood Keep, I'll take a whack at finishing it.

Edited by DILDOMASTER666

51 minutes ago, DILDOMASTER666 said:

EDIT: If nobody picks up Nevander's Dark Citadel before I finish Blood Keep, I'll take a whack at finishing it.

Feel free to go right ahead if you want, it's practically done but needs texture alignments and maybe some changes, and that outside area causes a visplane overflow so something needs to be done out there for sure. The trap for blue key was really primitive so it could surely be improved as well. Oh and also need to remove the red key that's placed in front of the red door. Had it there for easy testing, but obviously shouldn't be there.

Edited by Nevander

I think the Nightmare Imp should stay and be fully integrated, the cacodemon, I dunno.

I will be an oldman with big gray beard and with cane in the hand...because I want to whine:

I like this dehacked patch, and idea with Cyberdemon with Keen's trigger is awesome. But there is no way to run D64D2 as "absolutely vanilla" anymore.

I always thought that I can play this mappack without any weapon or monster mods. Becuse D64D2 is kinda the Doom3.wad

Doom1.wad and Doom2.wad are not so different, pistol's and chaingun's firerate aren't changed between those games. Why it happens in our Doom3.wad?

So, I want to say that I want 2 different versions of this mod at release date - with dehacked patch and without. Yes, I know, maps with Cyberdemon bosses must be somehow reimagined but that's the idea of this project - to fake original scripts in Doom 2 Vanilla Engine.

Also, yes, since I suggested this idea - I will do it by myself if you're worry about executor/performer

Edited by DeXiaZ

I'm fine with replaced monsters and keen codepointers, but changing the existing weapon and monster behavior/stats is unacceptable IMO. Also, I suggest incorporating the changes from the optional dehacked patch distributed with the minor sprite fix project.

What is the difference between @CoTeCiO's version and @Da Werecat's version of the interpic? Should my titlepic be updated accordingly?

Edited by Blastfrog
1 person likes this