Doom 64 for Doom II Respawned! - Build v5 is out! Looking for dedicated testers!

I tried to load it up in Chocolate Doom latest 3.0 branch and 2.3.0) but I get this error:

R_InstallSpriteLump: Bad frame characters in lump 2970

Am I doing something wrong?

Yea, you gotta use -merge in place of -file, otherwise the wad won't load properly.

1 person likes this

Ah, of course!  Cheers.

Been a while since I've used anything other than GZDoom and ZDL. :)

I've been doing some work on my map over the past few days, mostly fixing some dumb-ass texturing mistakes and cleaning up the auto-map. I'll be playing around with some DM and co-op settings today, but I have no way to test anything in that department, so I'll upload a new version as soon as I can.

Just started testing it... Noticed there's a secret exit in the void level.. used it and player is back to the same level again. There were also 4 imps on pillars that were too far for autoaim to hit them, though the rocket explosion damage can kill the ones on the lower pillars. The higher pillars need player to lure the cacodemons to infight them. Rocket also pushed one of the revenants down from the pillar.. perhaps have block monsters flags on the lines there?

Map01 was missing 3 barrels!

Update. Final maps' bugs:

Spoiler

Elevator with HOMs

5AcZTgu.jpg

Ti9eHL8.jpg

Here Doomguy can be trapped forever (small hole):

vWbBjoh.jpg

v7KX8sY.jpg

1 person likes this

Thanks - I already updated the visibility issue regarding the rocket ammo. The automap no/draw will be fixed next.

Thanks for the bug reports DeXiaZ and TwinBeast!  I'm getting ready to add them to the bug tracker, sorry for not getting around to it sooner.

I was thinking about doing the next build release about a week from now if everything goes well.  How does that sound to you guys?

1 person likes this