Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naked Snake

Your opinion on gun control

Ok, what is your opinon on gun control (anywhere)? Mine personally is that America has given us, the citizens, the right to bear arms. Why? Originally it was so people could form militias and shit and if the government got oppressive. That was a great idea.......when we all had muskets. Shotguns and 9mms are not going to do well against M-16s and cruise missiles but yes, I still am for an armed citizenry. Why? Because guns CAN be helpful. Yes, a gun is an effective way to kill a person but police can use their guns for non fatal shots, such as a leg shot to injure a person they are persuing. My father owns several guns which he uses for hunting, they are as folows :

Remington .20 gauge
Remington .12 gauge
Mossberg .12 gauge
Imperial .12 gauge
Another .20 gauge (dunno the makers)
A double barrel .12 gauge
A Winchester .22
An unknown brand .22
A .357 Magnum and finally
A .44 Magnum

How do I know this? He told me. Have I seen the guns? Yeah. The ammo? A few times, but only when he was taking it with him to go hunting. My dad keeps his ammo stored in a safe, he has the key WELL hidden and his guns all have trigger locks and the shotguns are dismantled. He has not taught me how to put them back together. He has done all of this to keep me safe. The .44 however he keeps in his room, unloaded, with a locked trigger for protection. I myself personally own BB guns and a few pellet guns. So, all in all, I am for guns, I am for an armed citizenry. You guys may not agree that guns should be allowed but I say look at the past and see what happens when there is gun control.

Adolph Hitler had gun control.
Mao Ze Dong (sp) had gun control.
Joesph Stalin had gun control.

It is easy to control and mass murder people when they cannot defend themselves, eh?

Guns are retared and tend to attreact morons that like to shoot anything that moves. Most people killed by guns in America are killed by their guns, their family member's guns, or their friend's guns. I guess its a good way to control the gene pool, but still...thres no point in owning guns, really.

I hate guns. They're dangerous weapons and there should ALWAYS be some kind of control over them.

I'm surprised Bush hasn't done anything to tighten the American gun laws after all the school shootings that have been happening over there.

Also, bbg, Hitler and Stalin may have had gun control, but many countries today also have it, like Britain, and you don't see our government trying to mass murder us. You just gave a few examples, not the whole picture. :P

Well, I don't agree with you BBG. Though the majority of american gun owners might be completely sensible with the use of weapons restricting their use to an absolute minimum, there is always this minority of dipshits who lack the sensibility to respect the lethal power of a gun.

Those blinded by hatred by wrongs done against themselves or their family. Escalating family problems might result in gunfire. Dumb people periodically go postal for no reason. Overstressed people suffering from road rage are dangerous enough only with their motorized vehicles.

All these people are usually sensible enough and if getting hold of a gun was more difficult they might just have the time to reason their own folly, but because of the liberal gun laws their actions might even get a thin sheen of legality in their small brains.

I'm surprised the American governments keeps blaming videogames and movies for violence at schools, yet they don't change their gunlaws at all ?¿!

ZarcyB said:

Also, bbg, Hitler and Stalin may have had gun control, but many countries today also have it, like Britain, and you don't see our government trying to mass murder us. You just gave a few examples, not the whole picture. :P

Yes I know, but what happens when your government does something you don't like? Are you going to threaten them with your rocks and pitchforks? Nope, in America we could march to the White House and stand out there with whatever guns we have, not to kill but to show WE MEAN BUISNESS. Anyway, guns YES, should have control over them. I'm not sure if these are laws but I think they should be :

All guns sold must be sold with a free trigger lock

All guns kept within a residence MUST have a trigger lock on them when not in use

All guns must have their ammunition stored in a seperate safe or locker

All guns must be taken into an inspection agency to check for defects and to ask the owner questions

All guns must be registered with the A.T.F.

All ammunition must be registered with the A.T.F. (say you have 25 bullets, then you use 5 for hunting, when your yearly inspection comes around you tell them you have 20 bullets now)

Any person found with an unregistered gun will do 10-15 years in jail and pay a $25,000 fine

Backround checks would go from 5 days to 1 month

That would help IMO.

Not only that but you do realize that you can kill anyone with almost anything. Rocks, bricks, bats, knives, hatchets, speakers, cars, glass bottles, TV sets, radios, a big stick, screwdrivers, gasoline + lighter, a rope...ect ect ect.

bigbadgangsta said:

Yes I know, but what happens when your government does something you don't like? Are you going to threaten them with your rocks and pitchforks?

Nope, we're going to threaten them with THE TORY PARTY. :P

the_Danarchist said:

Guns are retared and tend to attreact morons that like to shoot anything that moves. Most people killed by guns in America are killed by their guns, their family member's guns, or their friend's guns. I guess its a good way to control the gene pool, but still...thres no point in owning guns, really.

41 000 Americans die from car accidents each year IIRC. If accidental shootings are retarded, image the level of stupidity involved with the drivers that cause most of those accidents.

bigbadgangsta said:

in America we could march to the White House and stand out there with whatever guns we have, not to kill but to show WE MEAN BUISNESS

You probably wouldn't either be alive or conscious for long to stand out there, what, with the security around the place and all...

heh, i was in a car accident last week. the guy that hit me and my dad was a fucking moron and said that we ran a red light but he hit us from the left and crossed 5 lanes before smacking into us.

(stupid quote line)
bbg said this shit down here

Any person found with an unregistered gun will do 10-15 years in jail and pay a $25,000 fine
(end of the stupid quote line that i dont know how to do and wont learn to do)

thats a tad harsh when compared to murderers who get off on much less

Captain Skippy said:

thats a tad harsh when compared to murderers who get off on much less

Ah true, so I say that murderers should go to a new prison system. The "Violent Offenders Correctional Facility" where there is 5 rows of barbed wire fence, guards on duty 24/7 with assault rifles, guard dogs in between the rows of fence, cameras everywhere and shit. Yeah...

bigbadgangsta said:

Yes I know, but what happens when your government does something you don't like? Are you going to threaten them with your rocks and pitchforks? Nope, in America we could march to the White House and stand out there with whatever guns we have, not to kill but to show WE MEAN BUISNESS.

ROFLMAO!!1111 You can't be serious about that. This is one of the most ridiculous excuses why guns should not be forbidden that I've ever heard. BTW, did you ever hear of something like democracy?

There is simply no use for guns in private life, so they all should be forbidden.

You can say you're going to control guns, but saying ain't doing, as our government has often proved. Just because you pass a law saying people can't bear arms, doesn't mean that they'll necessarily heed the law. You could pass gun control laws from here till Doomsday, and all the Bubbas of the world would still be out pegging away at each other with their double-barrell sawed offs.
In other words, gun control laws are just words with meaning to some, but none to many.

but what happens when your government does something you don't like

It's great to live in an open and democratic society where you don't even have to consider the thought. I hear the USA is different though.

41 000 Americans die from car accidents each year IIRC. If accidental shootings are retarded, image the level of stupidity involved with the drivers that cause most of those accidents.

Traffic has nothing to do with guns. If you drive a car, you drive for the purpose of transporting your ass from one location to another, I.E. something useful. Accidents happen. If you have a gun, you have it for the purpose of injuring or killing someone (don't tell me this is not true). Accidents happen. I think it's pretty obvious which is most retarded.

gun control should exist imwo.

1. you cant do nthng with these boomsticks against the well organized dictature of government. it will suit only for guerilla warfare...

2. nowadays you can do much more damage by information (hey we live in postindustrial period), so guns became similar to the knifes at the kitchen (but you cant cook with it :)

3. the level of gun control (and any control from the government) will increase with evolution of technologies...

btw, in russia we have strong gun control on paper - that means that you can buy the Kalashnikov'47 for smthng like 3000$ in Chechnia, or the same one for 4000-6000$ in Moscow...

I think guns should be used only by people who actaully know how to use the gun and not get crazy with it. The only people that actaully dont get crazy in NYC are the cops. They only need guns when they really need to. But a normal civilian can get a sick mind and go on a shooting spree. I think guns only go to people who are really careful and dont use it for fun. Im serious on the gun issue. You realize how many murders happen here in New York? A hell of a lot. And most the the guns owned by civilians are used to kill. Thank god people dont go around with double barrel shotguns and kill loads of people in a mall or something.

I'm surprised the American governments keeps blaming videogames and movies for violence at schools, yet they don't change their gunlaws at all ?¿!

Yeah, isnt it a shame all the government can do is point fingers?

bigbadgangsta said:

Yes I know, but what happens when your government does something you don't like? Are you going to threaten them with your rocks and pitchforks? Nope, in America we could march to the White House and stand out there with whatever guns we have, not to kill but to show WE MEAN BUISNESS.

What is that going to change?

bigbadgangsta said:

Ok, what is your opinon on gun control (anywhere)? Mine personally is that America has given us, the citizens, the right to bear arms.

BEAR ARMS? Damnation, I always read that as bare arms!, I always wondered why there was so much fuss about rolling your shirt sleaves up!

Muwhahhahhahhha!!!!! You won't be far behind :)

Now stop changing the subject, old man. :P

If there's ever going to be gun control in the US, it had better be introduced gradually. Otherwise, too many "gun lovers" would go berserk - doing it gradually might prevent that.

It might, but you've no idea how many people really, REALLY, love their guns-try to tell them to go register their firearms, and they'll shoot you.

DooMBoy said:

Muwhahhahhahhha!!!!! You won't be far behind :)

Now stop changing the subject, old man. :P

It's not changing the subject, it's on topic :D

Gun control isn't the cut-and-dried issue everybody tries to make it. The United States is a very large country with a whole lot of different cultures, environments, and conditions where guns may be useful and/or dangerous. What works in DeeCee might not work in Seatlle, what works in Seattle wouldn't make sense in San Antonio, what works in San Antonio is considered a sin against the Church in Salt Lake. There are too many situations and too many variables for one sweeping policy to work for all of the United States.

I say let the individual states decide what goes and what doesn't. The Constitution exists as a guideline for each of the sovereign states to base their laws on. If the states want to go one step further and allow their own counties and cities to make the rules, more power to 'em. That's the way it's supposed to work, anyway.

Would I ever buy a gun myself? That would depend on the situation of wherever I end up. We'll see.

Don't pick on fodders, he must be pissed off enough seeing the violent crime rates skyrocket in London since the government took away the guns from the citizens :) Not to mention the useless surveillance cameras on the streets that make those poor people feel like lab mice.
As for Charlton Heston, he is not the only popular person who likes guns. The NRA will find someone else :p

Guns, like many things, are not a problem as long as you can assume everyone who owns them has at least some common sense. And as history has shown, about 95% of all people are just stupid.

fodders said:

London crime rate rocketed because cops are too scared to question any black thug.

Same here in Holland's big cities such as Rotterdam and Amsterdam. There are parts of the cities were cops don't even dare to go to.. How fucked up is that?

Fredrik said:

It's great to live in an open and democratic society where you don't even have to consider the thought. I hear the USA is different though.
Traffic has nothing to do with guns. If you drive a car, you drive for the purpose of transporting your ass from one location to another, I.E. something useful. Accidents happen. If you have a gun, you have it for the purpose of injuring or killing someone (don't tell me this is not true). Accidents happen. I think it's pretty obvious which is most retarded.

Yes, firearms are a tool, just like a car. If firearms are designed for killing (which obviously they are), then they're not doing a very good job of that if many more Americans die in car accidents, using essentially a "tool" of transportation.