Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

Build Doom

I was just wondering if there is any way to make a level in Build...just the walls and such, then convert it into a WAD and add the things and textures. You see, I'm pretty damn good with the build editor, but I prety much suck at the Doom editors other than moving things around and changing their properties and such.

So...any suggestions?

I'm sure there's a Doom to Duke level converter... not sure about the other way round though.

Yeah...I have the WAD2MAP program, but I dunno about the other way around. Would it be too complex?

somebody here has already made a map2wad program (check the current deepsea flamewars, it's mentioned in there somewhere)

howdy! that would be my utility. check the idgames archives for map2wad.zip

edit: btw if you can't run it on your system (it is a dos proggie, but even then it should run on 2k/xp), i have compiled a win32 executable (although it's not in the .zip)

esayeek said:

edit: btw if you can't run it on your system (it is a dos proggie, but even then it should run on 2k/xp), i have compiled a win32 executable (although it's not in the .zip)

Make a quicky Geocities site for your proggy!!

esayeek said:

How does this work? What source port is the wad for when it's converted from duke? What replaces what?

Ex.

Trooper: Pistol Guy.

All it does is take existing architechture, and convert it to a Doom PWAD. So if you like part of a Duke3D/Shadow Warrior (Doesn't work with Blood, I will try Redneck Rampage on it in a sec), use map2wad on the map (extract it using XWE or similar)...and HEY PRESTO you have a Doom PWAD.

RailGunner said:

How does this work? What source port is the wad for when it's converted from duke? What replaces what?

Ex.

Trooper: Pistol Guy.

rtfm

esayeek said:

Pardon me for sounding like a retard, but where are the Idgames archives? I don't really do much with Doom besides download wads from time to time, so I'm not familiar with the websites.

the_Danarchist said:

Pardon me for sounding like a retard, but where are the Idgames archives? I don't really do much with Doom besides download wads from time to time, so I'm not familiar with the websites.

you don't sound like a retard; i'll be damned if i know where they are offhand (got it written down in some .txt file somewhere) :). but i bet someone knows.

the_Danarchist said:

http://www.doomsearch.com

Linguica said:

The sidebar on every page of Doomworld has a "Levels" link which goes to /idgames.

oooooh, very nice. anyway, from there map2wad is under utils/wad_tools/

XDelusion said:

I'm confused, is this DUkE 2 DOOM or DOOM 2 DUKE?

duke 2 doom.

if you want doom 2 duke it's on the DN3D cd. (called wad2map).

you can learn all this and more by rtfm'ing btw ;)