Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chewyninja69

Speedrunning on Doom Classic Complete, for the PS3 and have a quick question

On the level Circle of Death, Map 11, there's a gap that you can "jump" fom the main "circle" that you start on to a platform to cut through most of the level. But I'm having problems consistently hitting the jump. And by "consistently" I mean only hitting the jump once in 45 minutes of trying.

I know you can't do anything like SR50 with a Playstation controller, so is there a specific angle that one has to be to hit the platform? I'm stumped.

I'd never even thought of trying to do this jump without strafe-50, but you might get a nugget of a hint from the old Compet-n page here.

It's also possible that the physics are a little different, and the levitation effect is lessened in the PS3 version. I don't know, but that might explain the low success rate.

Grazza said:

I'd never even thought of trying to do this jump without strafe-50, but you might get a nugget of a hint from the old Compet-n page here.

It's also possible that the physics are a little different, and the levitation effect is lessened in the PS3 version. I don't know, but that might explain the low success rate.

Yeah, it's funny because it's one of the few "jumps" I can think of that's possible on the PS3 version(s) of Doom and even then it's/my success rate is poor. But I think some of that may be user error, i.e me. Regardless, I appreciate the reply and I'll check out that Compet-n page.