Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Voros

Moments where you truly were freaked out

^ That level is Delta Labs 2B, hehe.

Edit : I just recalled another part that freaked me out. It is located near the exit in Alpha Labs Sector 2 where you need to activate a mechanic ladder to go upstairs but lots of spiders (trites) start coming out from the walls. I really love/hate that part.

Edited by Gerardo194

Made a highlight of this moment, where the game caught me off guard. I was surprised by a Wraith and then the door started eating them D: The Horror!

Watching me from a security camera watching me from a security camera watching me from a security camera... That one zombie could still say: "mmm boy... mmm boy..." *fart* "mmm boy..."

The only part that actually spookt me was the imp under the stairs in communications, that noise it made with that backlight was a good scare the first time.

^ Never understood that part, lol. And here's another freaky moment from Communications Transfer. Same level with the imp under the stairs:

I'm still surprised, that nobody mentioned the beginning of caverns2, where after leaving the elevator player is encountered with Archvile, that summons two Hell knights in rather tight room.

Tbh that part wasn't really scary, It comes long after the players gets used of the repetitive Jumpscares :P

I've recalled it not due to being jump scare. I'd better describe this moment as not serious, but very unexpected leap of difficulty.

I thought they just teleported there.

One time in the level where I had to clean up some barrels, some zombie soldier just waited behind my back until I completed the clean up, and then started shooting at me. I heard some voices, but thought the enemy was outside the room... but it was in the room!

Oh ya, when the game first came out, the flickering bloody hall with the chansaw zombie was pretty freaky.

A couple I can say:

-The maggot cut-scene. The screaming guy on the ceiling definitely rustled my jimmies. The blood being everywhere was pretty fucked.

-That hallway with blood on the walls, reading things like, "SUCCUMB" "BURN" "SUFFER" "DIE."

Right at the beginning of Alpha Labs sector there is a set of yellow orbs in the shadows behind some crates. At first you think they're part of the machinery on the wall, but as you approach you discover they're a pair of glowing eyes watching you. Moments later you hear a gasp and they vanish. In of itself is not terrifying, but I did find it unsettling when I first saw that. It's little things like that really add to the atmosphere.

I'll post a Helloween4545 Let's Play video of it. It's right at the start.

Edited by Piper Maru

9 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

Right at the beginning of Alpha Labs sector there is a set of yellow orbs in the shadows behind some crates. At first you think they're part of the machinery on the wall, but as you approach you discover they're a pair of glowing eyes watching you. Moments later you hear a gasp and they vanish.

Neat, I've never noticed that before.

10 hours ago, Piper Maru said:

Right at the beginning of Alpha Labs sector there is a set of yellow orbs in the shadows behind some crates. At first you think they're part of the machinery on the wall, but as you approach you discover they're a pair of glowing eyes watching you. Moments later you hear a gasp and they vanish. In of itself is not terrifying, but I did find it unsettling when I first saw that. It's little things like that really add to the atmosphere.

Yeah, I never noticed that either. That's pretty spooky. Might've been more effective if it wasn't while listening to a briefing, which is probably how i missed it the first time.

The "door monster" jumpscare - the big head that briefly pops out of one specific door when you approach an armor next to the door.

On 15/4/2017 at 3:05 PM, Piper Maru said:

Right at the beginning of Alpha Labs sector there is a set of yellow orbs in the shadows behind some crates....

this is amazing. I played both Doom3 and BFG edition countless times and never ever noticed that (It's good to see there's still content to find for me in this game). Probably, I never stood on the transfer bay long enough to spot this (and yes, the transmission also helps dragging away the attention)

the bathroom Easter egg. I was playing it at night and alone. Was totally unexpected and it scared the CRAP out of me

That part at the beginning, when you find the missing scientist and shit turns up.

Looking at the screens, well... Interacting with them... Then hearing the marines over the 'com, then when the scientist gets possessed, first time I played I was confused and didn't fire at the scientist until he attacked me.

I came to play Doom 3 after I had finished Mass Effect, and right during that segment I realized: "Yep, its a clusterfuck.". I dunno if I was scared, panicked, or impreseed, but either way, a moment that really left a good starting impression that this game isn't going to suck. From there on, various spooks and stuff as well, but no one had mentioned the intro part so far.

the bathroom thing scared me because of surprise

"They took my baby" scared the shit out of me because of sheer creepiness and then the red screen with the baby crying. It still kinda freaks me out...

surprisingly, I never got scared of the gory stuff, like the guy torn open and stuck to the ceiling, or the lost soul intro, I was just more like "ewww, yuck"

Its more the horror elements that scare me. Like the imp under the stairs, or the corridor in Comm Transfer with the strobing satanic imagery and the women screaming.

Once while I was playing, the shitty Trinitron with some kind of loose contacts inside on my old Pentium II box on the desk next to me suddenly decided to start flipping out and displaying a screen almost identical to one of the rolling distorted screen textures that is in Doom 3, the one that has weird yellow and red lines running through it and behaves as if there's no vertical sync.

I literally jumped out of my chair and shouted holy shit. From then on I kept that thing turned off when I wasn't using it (and it still creeped me out even then, glad I got rid of it later :P )

The only part that really had me freaked out was in Lost Mission, where you enter a tiny little side corridor with some armor at the end, and turn around to find an imp in your face.  The base game, and most of the content in the expansions (save for the aforementioned bit), I guess I'm kinda numb to.

17 hours ago, Quasar said:

Once while I was playing [...] my old Pentium II box on the desk next to me suddenly decided to start flipping out and displaying a screen almost identical to one of the rolling distorted screen textures that is in Doom 3, the one that has weird yellow and red lines running through it and behaves as if there's no vertical sync.

Looks like Mars wasn't the only thing the demons had gotten a hold of. That sounds like some freaky stuff.

Edited by VirtualOwl13

Doom 3 never really scared me, probably because I was expecting to be really scared compared to what was really offered.