Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadwing

Moonblood Megawad

Wow, cool to see Eclipse turn into a megawad. I gotta say having that weird palette inside the wad is a controversial decision though... I would prefer if you shipped it in a separate file at least. Well, I can always just delete it with a lump editor so it's not a problem I guess.

p.s. it's skepticist, not skepcists. :)

Just played through episode 1 (casual UV-continuous), having a lot of fun so far! I must say i didn't like map 1, but am glad i stuck with it. I really enjoyed maps 3 and 4. Despite how compact the maps are, there is still an exploratory feel to them and i had fun searching out the secrets (probably just as well, as they felt necessary for more aggressive play given all the gunners). Looking forward to seeing what the next episode brings. Also i'm liking the way the episodes are split up, playing through a single episode seems to give a nice Doom session duration.

I noticed on map 4, there is a linedef at the blue door that is marked as being for a yellow door. No gameplay impact but still. Also this on map6 (west of the yellow key), unaligned texture?

dobu gabu maru said:

Awesome! Cool to see smaller stuff released between all the big titles this year. Definitely need to get around to playing it some time too.

Thanks! Yeah, I know there's a lot of awesome projects going out there this year, and probably the wad backlog for a lot of people is probably too big haha

Fonze said:

Screenies look quite nice; good job Deadwing! Will add this to my play list.

Thanks Fonze! :)

Memfis said:

Wow, cool to see Eclipse turn into a megawad. I gotta say having that weird palette inside the wad is a controversial decision though... I would prefer if you shipped it in a separate file at least. Well, I can always just delete it with a lump editor so it's not a problem I guess.

p.s. it's skepticist, not skepcists. :)

I've fixed, thanks Memfis! About the color palette, yeah, putting in a separated file seems a good way to go haha

scotty said:

Just played through episode 1 (casual UV-continuous), having a lot of fun so far! I must say i didn't like map 1, but am glad i stuck with it. I really enjoyed maps 3 and 4. Despite how compact the maps are, there is still an exploratory feel to them and i had fun searching out the secrets (probably just as well, as they felt necessary for more aggressive play given all the gunners). Looking forward to seeing what the next episode brings. Also i'm liking the way the episodes are split up, playing through a single episode seems to give a nice Doom session duration.

I noticed on map 4, there is a linedef at the blue door that is marked as being for a yellow door. No gameplay impact but still. Also this on map6 (west of the yellow key), unaligned texture?

http://i.imgur.com/hvfq06g.png

Thanks scotty, I'm glad you're liking!

About the level 1, I guess the pistol gameplay isn't very exciting haha IMO, it's really hard to do since the pistol is so weak and make even Imps feel bullet sponge >.< I still love that level though, it's the first one I've made (though it went for so many iterations hahaha), but the others in the episode are a lot better indeed.

I'll fix the bugs, thanks for reporting :D I hope the experience stays as good as it is in episode 1!

Hey, I streamed the first fifteen maps of this, hopefully you can pick up some feedback from my bumbling around and inane rambling.

Some bits of feedback:

- The new midis and the custom palette go a long way in giving the mapset its own identity. I feel like the palette is lifted from Mayhem 2016? The reds and browns particularly remind me of that project, but I'm not a colour wizard or anything so I could just be completely wrong on that.

- Likewise, I feel like the gameplay fits the overall tone of the opening 15 maps really well, giving everything a chill feel.

- On the other hand, there are a few parts where I feel a Hell Knight could instead be a Revenant. I guess that you're actually going for the effect of having no revs in the map until a certain point, but stuff like one of the exit HKs I encountered, or the E1M6 exit room fight with three HKs could be made much more interesting with revenants instead.

- I don't comment on it in the stream, but I feel like there isn't enough ambition in terms of experimenting with room shaping, angles, and the overall scope of what maps I played (with map 15 as an exception, in terms of scope, but that's to be expected given that slot's tendency for offering larger non-linear maps). I do note that most of the maps have an enclosed feel to them, which I don't have a problem with for the most part but am disappointed by in maps that are more frantic. Enclosed/corridor-y layouts and frantic gameplay don't gel together well as it's really easy to find safe areas and more easily deal with some of the set's harder encounters. I'm really hoping that maps 16-32 experiment with those aspects of level design more, should I get around to them.

- This leads me to my next thing, which is actual complaint, wondering why this is even a megawad in the first place. There's very little that stands out to me in terms of unique gameplay set-ups, memorable set-pieces or interesting variations on the themes you based your maps around. I feel like much of what's going on is mapper in auto-pilot mode, with the autopilot path not nearly being interesting or turbulent enough to justify the first 15 maps. While I feel like the first few maps do a good job of settling me into what the mapset is about, it doesn't go anywhere after that.

- Of one of the few possibly unique moments in the mapset so far (the Cyberdemon) I feel like it's a greatly wasted opportunity. The design of the map doesn't accommodate the Cyberdemon's movement enough, so that he gets snagged in certain areas while you're busy just playing through everything. There's little pressure on you to deal with it, and I ended up just skipping it in the end.

- Finally, there are a large number of small technical issues that I encountered in my playthrough. I don't have time to go back and find them all, so unfortunately you'll have to watch my stream to see where I spot them. Stuff like weird pegging choices, or flats clashing, or overall texture clashing. One really weird and egregious example is around 1:04:50 where I spot a switch texture as a lower wall. There are a bunch others which are of smaller significance, but all of which tie in to the feeling that the mapset as a whole still needs more tlc on its texturing.

- There's also a typo in the intermission text leading into Map 07 - 'bagage' should be 'baggage'.

Memfis said:

I gotta say having that weird palette inside the wad is a controversial decision though... I would prefer if you shipped it in a separate file at least. Well, I can always just delete it with a lump editor so it's not a problem I guess.

This is seriously one of the weirdest hang-ups I've seen a person have over a specific recent mapping trend and you're very dumb if you actually do this.

an_mutt said:

Hey, I streamed the first fifteen maps of this, hopefully you can pick up some feedback from my bumbling around and inane rambling.

Woah, thanks for the feedback man! I've watched the 2 hour stream and it was really fun to watch, even if you didn't liked the mapset :P

- The new midis and the custom palette go a long way in giving the mapset its own identity. I feel like the palette is lifted from Mayhem 2016? The reds and browns particularly remind me of that project, but I'm not a colour wizard or anything so I could just be completely wrong on that.

- The color palette is just the original with less saturation and a different "blue" haha I've never heard about Mayhem 2016.

- Likewise, I feel like the gameplay fits the overall tone of the opening 15 maps really well, giving everything a chill feel.

I'm glad it worked haha TBH this is the kind of flow I like most.

- On the other hand, there are a few parts where I feel a Hell Knight could instead be a Revenant. I guess that you're actually going for the effect of having no revs in the map until a certain point, but stuff like one of the exit HKs I encountered, or the E1M6 exit room fight with three HKs could be made much more interesting with revenants instead.

You have a point, though this make me go into a dilemma >.< I feel that progression in E2 is slow, but if I introduce revs then some episodes might lose some of its unique characteristics. I mean, I wanted to give each episode some sort of distinct monster set. Also I feel that revenants are kinda overused by the community, so I wanted to focus on Mancubus + Spiders and Pain Elementals encounters at least initially.

Hell Knights are there mostly to force the player move around with their high hp pool. This also makes them low priority targets, so you would clean the battlefield while having to dodge their projectiles and leave them for the last. (which was what you did on the stream) The one in the exit of map 08 was to prevent the player from rushing into exit easily from that last encounter. A revenant doesn't have enough HP to fill that spot there, IMO.

- I don't comment on it in the stream, but I feel like there isn't enough ambition in terms of experimenting with room shaping, angles, and the overall scope of what maps I played (with map 15 as an exception, in terms of scope, but that's to be expected given that slot's tendency for offering larger non-linear maps). I do note that most of the maps have an enclosed feel to them, which I don't have a problem with for the most part but am disappointed by in maps that are more frantic. Enclosed/corridor-y layouts and frantic gameplay don't gel together well as it's really easy to find safe areas and more easily deal with some of the set's harder encounters. I'm really hoping that maps 16-32 experiment with those aspects of level design more, should I get around to them.

This is something that took a while to me to realize, and you have indeed a point, TBH. Some levels might feel they're lacking something more, though I don't really mind some sharp-angles room. That was also the reason I've made E3 between E2 and E4 (which are remastered levels, while E3 have more distinct levels). Still, I have lots of fun playing E2, and I think it helps that most levels are short and the action is focused. This also is affected a bit by playstyle differences too, which yours were quite different from what I've saw haha I usually spend rockets and cells with no cerimony, which make a lot easier to move into the tight spaces.

IDK if 16-32 will feel too much differently, TBH. They are larger and more refined levels, with more variated shapes, but not really that much different from 1-15. Still, maybe with your lower expections you might like them, though lol

- This leads me to my next thing, which is actual complaint, wondering why this is even a megawad in the first place. There's very little that stands out to me in terms of unique gameplay set-ups, memorable set-pieces or interesting variations on the themes you based your maps around. I feel like much of what's going on is mapper in auto-pilot mode, with the autopilot path not nearly being interesting or turbulent enough to justify the first 15 maps. While I feel like the first few maps do a good job of settling me into what the mapset is about, it doesn't go anywhere after that.

I'm sorry that you've got that feel. The levels certainly weren't made on autopilot though lol
Still, this is the kinda of gameplay I like most: small, tight and concentrated. You won't find larger (or open) levels with "epic" setpieces or slaughter encounters, but I honestly don't have much appeal for these kind of levels.

- Of one of the few possibly unique moments in the mapset so far (the Cyberdemon) I feel like it's a greatly wasted opportunity. The design of the map doesn't accommodate the Cyberdemon's movement enough, so that he gets snagged in certain areas while you're busy just playing through everything. There's little pressure on you to deal with it, and I ended up just skipping it in the end.

The Cyberdemon wasn't supposed to stay alive that much, though hahaha Normally I would expect the player to grab the invulnerability orb and kill the thing the soon as it got off (it's not really necessary to grab it, I know, but it wasn't meant to be a too much difficult battle, since I am aiming for IWAD challenge level)

- Finally, there are a large number of small technical issues that I encountered in my playthrough. I don't have time to go back and find them all, so unfortunately you'll have to watch my stream to see where I spot them. Stuff like weird pegging choices, or flats clashing, or overall texture clashing. One really weird and egregious example is around 1:04:50 where I spot a switch texture as a lower wall. There are a bunch others which are of smaller significance, but all of which tie in to the feeling that the mapset as a whole still needs more tlc on its texturing.

Yeah, I really appreciate these technical reports, since I'm not that much worried and aware of texture alignment or small details. I'll try to fix most of these (though I think I'll keep the switch texture on map 07 hahahahah).

- There's also a typo in the intermission text leading into Map 07 - 'bagage' should be 'baggage'.

Thank you. Really, I'm no english speaker, so anything that you find weird tell me lol

This is seriously one of the weirdest hang-ups I've seen a person have over a specific recent mapping trend and you're very dumb if you actually do this.

Nah, some people just want to have their "vanilla" feeling.

I played e5m2 (kind of randomly). I wish I recorded an FDA. I took a really unlucky route (no SSG, hardly any ammo) and went straight for the BK but managed to survive against lots of revs in tight quarters with an arachnotron. Very fun stuff. I also played map32. I think it's subpar compared to every other map I played. Seems exceedingly basic as far as design goes and the combat wasn't very fun. Looking forward to (re)playing these maps.

rdwpa said:

I played e5m2 (kind of randomly). I wish I recorded an FDA. I took a really unlucky route (no SSG, hardly any ammo) and went straight for the BK but managed to survive against lots of revs in tight quarters with an arachnotron. Very fun stuff. I also played map32. I think it's subpar compared to every other map I played. Seems exceedingly basic as far as design goes and the combat wasn't very fun. Looking forward to (re)playing these maps.

Thanks rdwpa! About level 32, it's an almost unaltered final level of the very first eclipse release. I put there as a homage for the original series, which is why is a lot more basic than the rest of the mapset. I guess it seems that this didn't work, though

Deadwing said:

even if you didn't liked the mapset :P

Hah, I didn't expect that I'd come across so negative! I am enjoying a few parts of it, for what it's worth. There's not been anything obnoxious or bad in any of the maps so far - I should be more lenient considering how little issue I've had with just playing the maps.

The color palette is just the original with less saturation and a different "blue" haha I've never heard about Mayhem 2016.

Ah, cool! Yeah, the project I'm talking about is here, it's the browns and reds that gave me that suggestion.

Also I feel that revenants are kinda overused by the community, so I wanted to focus on Mancubus + Spiders and Pain Elementals encounters at least initially.

Yeah, that's understandable. However, I do think you can still slot one or two in at points where they would enhance gameplay in a certain area. When you go as far as to deliberately omit them then you risk sacrificing any additional improvements you can introduce to your gameplay to make a statement on monster usage, which I don't think works in this occasion.

The one in the exit of map 08 was to prevent the player from rushing into exit easily from that last encounter. A revenant doesn't have enough HP to fill that spot there, IMO.

I disagree here, as the player would have to spend either two SSG blasts (not counting any missed shots, which would be more likely when under pressure from what may be behind you) which takes an uncomforably long time if you're trying to rush, or a significant amount of bullets (enough to make you stop for a good 10-15 seconds), or play it dangerous with rockets o by trying to squeeze past it.

This is something that took a while to me to realize, and you have indeed a point, TBH. [. . .] That was also the reason I've made E3 between E2 and E4 (which are remastered levels, while E3 have more distinct levels).

Yeah, I should have elaborated in that looking back on E3 there was definitely a switch-up in the scope of each map, and that each map felt more open and fun to move about in.

Still, this is the kinda of gameplay I like most: small, tight and concentrated. You won't find larger (or open) levels with "epic" setpieces or slaughter encounters, but I honestly don't have much appeal for these kind of levels.

Yeah, it's not so much that I get bored of small/tight gameplay maps (it's basically all I ever make, personally), but I think my issue is more that the gameplay for each level is similar (with some E3 set-ups as an exception) with little inventiveness or experimentation for each map. It might be a bit unfair to bring up skillsaw and Ancient Aliens, because he's basically the benchmark for the community to reach for right now, but for the most part each of his maps in that wad are really unique and work around interesting set-pieces or gimmicks. None-the-less, skillsaw's AA maps don't change all that much from a pure gameplay standpoint (except for obvious things like map 01, or the IoS map, or the ending arena map 29), and he does basically the same gameplay style for like 20 maps. Almost every one of his maps in that mapset though are memorable, because he always frames his gameplay style around gimmicks and set-pieces that are something bigger than simply how it plays. With the exception of E2M4 in MoonBlood, which I think does have a cool and unique style to its architecture, I can't really describe much of what I played here as anything other than "A map". As opposed to, say "That cool map with all the nukage corridors", or "That map which just had a random Cyberdemon chasing me all over the place", or "That weird Marble/Blood maze map", which I bring up as a cool idea around 2:35:30 in my stream. Unfortunately, two of the three things I list here don't actually come off as actual maps.

Thank you. Really, I'm no english speaker, so anything that you find weird tell me lol

No worries! Your English is a lot better than my grasp of my own second language. Also, I respect that you've managed to pull this mapset together in the way that you have - I really hope that you take this feedback into your later projects, because your sense of taste for map visuals, music, etc. is for the most part like my own. So I really hope this inspires you to make more, as opposed to make less. :>

Oh jeez another surprise megawad!

I cant keep up with all the great stuff that's released these days! This is on my soon-to-play list but it might be a while before i actually get to it. Congratulations on your one-man megawad though!

BTW, I'll try to release later today or tomorrow a 1.1 version, based on several changes according to you guys feedbacks:

- An extra .wad that has the normal palette color (while the altered one will remain in the moonbld.wad)
- A new map 32. It's not really new, it's the "iron keep" one that was released last year and didn't get much attention.
- Several technicals fixes and balance changes. More refined traps which revenants will appear earlier.

an_mutt said:

[...]

No problem, I certainly learned a lot from your feedback! Actually, I've learned (and is still learning a lot) from this Moonblood project. I'm not sure if I'll keep making Doom levels, but I'll certainly apply these on future gaming projects.

I'll take a look on Mayhem project! There's actually a lot of cool projects and unfortunaly I don't have enough time do try all of them, though. :/ Also, talking about other projects, I didn't know that Map06 music (central command) was used on Counterattack wad. The song was actually made for this (moonblood), but I've released the song pack in december. I never thought someone would use a song from it hahaha

About skillsaw, I'm not really a fan of his levels (I prefer some more raw stuff, like monti's or memfis levels), but I understand what you did mean. I'll try to focus on more distinctive themes, with stronger map identity and memorable battles.

40oz said:

Oh jeez another surprise megawad!

I cant keep up with all the great stuff that's released these days! This is on my soon-to-play list but it might be a while before i actually get to it. Congratulations on your one-man megawad though!

Kind of surprise haha That was actually getting episodic releases during the last year, but it didn't get as much attention. Anyway, thanks! I hope you like it when you get a chance to play it :P

Version 1.1 released! Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/v5k3d95r3nd1nmd/moonbld-1.1.rar

Several changes were made according with the feedback I've received:

Spoiler

General: Added/Remove some Monster Blocking/Sound barriers lines, so the flow feels more natural.
General: Replaced map 32 with the Iron Keep, which I've released last year (but didn't got much attention). Dehacked changes were reverted, though haha.

1: Made the lighting in the beginning look less ugly, hopefully.
3: Fixed Floor raising texture in the last room to match the surrouding floors.
4: Removed YK useless linedef lol
5: WR lift doesn't lower that last lift anymore.
6: Fixed unligned textures in sewers. Fixed no doortrack texture in ambush room in BK room. Removed door in that last lift area. To open the exit door you have now to press a switch in the 3 HK room, so it is now a little harder to escape.

Episode 2 general: Removed some not-well-placed mancubus, spiders and hellknight and replaced them with revenants, making the levels on E2 flow better and feel not-so truncated (aka, big mancubus not being able to cross a door and blocking the passage)

7: Fixed switch textures lol
8: Removed doors in the area surrouding BK. Removed WR lift in the BK-locked room. Added doortrack + lite textures in the exit room.
9: Dark area is now considerable larger and it is redesigned. It has now a new area with a more interesting setpiece, instead of just a corridor with traps. I hope this will make the level more distinct compared with the others. Changed some YK DR doors to D1.
10: Made the door in the invisibility sphere a bit bigger and changed monster behavior (deaf/no deaf), to make things flow better. Fixed lower unpegged lifts.

15: Lava in the last area now damages lol. Added some health bottles close to the secret level area, so it isn't too much hard to find it out.

TODO list:

- A separated .wad with the regular color palette (not sure if this will work, though)
- Review the secrets and look which ones should be hidden in auto-map and which shouldn't.

Congratulations for finishing a full-scale megawad! Gonna try this one soon.

antares031 said:

Congratulations for finishing a full-scale megawad! Gonna try this one soon.

Thanks antares!

SSGmaster said:

Map 32's music doesn't work on GZdoom.

Also it's possible to be stuck in a room of map 5:

God damnit, fixing something while creating a new bug >.< I'll fix, thanks SSGmaster! I've no idea how to make the music play on map 32 though in gzdoom though :/

EDIT: I've got to make it play now lol I'll upload a hotfix version

EDIT2: Here's it, fixed bug in level 5 and music in 32: http://www.mediafire.com/file/md8z1zc311k3wx0/moonbld-1.2.rar

SSGmaster said:

You're welcome and about MAP 32 music, it was just a problem with the midi device I use so yeah, sorry about that.

Yeah, I don't know why Microsoft gs wavetable soundfont wasn't playing the music. I had to put the tracks in another midi file and save, and then it did work lol

I've finished to MAP06 so far. Now I remember I played these early maps pretty long time ago. I was wondering why these levels felt so much familiar to me. xD

Like other levels you've made, I like the non-linear layout that allows the player to explore the level with many options. Not to mention that these levels have really nice vanilla doom architectural design and environments.

I found a couple of issues about the levels I've finished, but it seems other people already mentioned it, like a stuckable area on MAP05 and misaligned pipe texture on MAP06. And I'm glad that you're going to release the next version with separated color palette. To be honest, the custom color palette was a kind of mixed bag to me; it makes the game more unique from the original, but those colors with less saturation was a little boring to see. Anyway, here are some suggestions:

- Please consider to place more stimpacks around the MAP02. I'm surprised that the difficulty suddenly jumped more than I expected from the previous level; those shotgun guys certainly didn't play around.

- Sector 103 from MAP02, which is the assistant part for Sector 61, causes lift noise from behind the wall, whenever the player activates the tag 7 lift from poison sewer. It could confuse the player if he/she's looking for the secret area, just like I did :D.

- Line 140 from MAP03 needs the texture edit for the misalignment on the right side.

I'll post more about the next levels later. Again, congratulations for finishing a megawad, which is definitely not an easy work to accomplish. :)

Thanks antares! I'm glad you're liking!

Yeah, some of these layouts are really old (the project started back in 2015: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/74912-reclipse-episode-v-released-version-5-1-released/ where some of the levels are back from 2008). Still, I've made some good changes regarding balancing, layout and monster placement again, so I hope they work better now.

As for issues, I put some more health on level 2, fixed that lift sound that accidentaly got the lift tag (woah, I would never expect that, I'm sorry hehe), and realigned that texture on map 3.

Thank you again! Yeah, finishing a megawad isn't an easy thing, even when this was mostly vanilla and shorter levels. I hope you finish Struggle too, can't wait to play the whole thing :D

Hello.

Seems like coop wasn't even considered (there are no p2-p4 starts). However, that didn't stop us, we have added them with some PATCHINFO magic and have chosen this wad for this week's ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival.

Session starts in about 20 minutes, 19:00 GMT and should be active with 15+ players for at least around 3 hours.

We will start with our trademark PAIN settings (fast monsters and 2x damage) for some added challenge so hope you'll come prepared.

That's awesome! I won't be able join, since I'm currently very far from my PC haha I hope you guys have fun! I have no idea how this will behave on coop lol But I guess it may be interesting with the non-linear layouts D:

Hey I noticed a bunch of spelling errors in your map titles. If you send me your episode endscreen texts and all the current map names I can proof-read it all for you and send you back the corrections.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Hey I noticed a bunch of spelling errors in your map titles. If you send me your episode endscreen texts and all the current map names I can proof-read it all for you and send you back the corrections.

Oh, sure! Thank you so much for the help haha
The level list:

Spoiler

Episode 1: UAC Ganymade's Facility
1 - UAC Starport (R)
2 - Alfa Labs Waste Central (R)
3 - Underground Facility (R)
4 - The Courtyard (R)
5 - Infrastructure Sector (R)
6 - Central Command (R)

Episode 2: Industrial Zone
7 - Industrial Zone (R)
8 - Sewers (R)
9 - Delta Labs Industrial Research (R)
10 - Toxic Treatment (R)
11 - Logistics (R)

Episode 3: The old town.
12 - Mining Site
13 - The Village
14 - Hellish Shrine
15 - Decaying Industries

Episode 4: Restricted Zone
16 - Beta Labs Reception (R)
17 - BFG Experiments (R)
18 - Hidden In The Dungeon (R)
19 - Obstructed Zone (R)
20 - Moonblood Gateway

Episode 5: Inferno
21 - The Abyss
22 - Skelleton's Gardens
23 - The Archipelago
24 - Hanging Fortress
25 - Helltown
26 - The Colisseum

Episode 6: Núcleo
27 - Magma refinary (R)
28 - Remains of Zeta Labs (R)
28 - Moonblood ritual site
30 - The Repentant Sinner

Secret Leves:
31 - Dobu Gabu's Exam
32 - Old Cracter

Episode's endscreen texts:
Spoiler

THE GIRL
BORN IN THE GANYMADE FIELDS, THE GIRL FELT
THE NEED TO COME BACK HOME. SHE BROUGHT
HER BAGGAGE, BRINGING PROSPERITY INTO THESE
POOR AND FORGOTTEN LANDS.

THE GIRL, THEN, FELT THIS UNCONTROLLABLE
DESIRE TO SEEK MORE KNOWLEDGE, AND FOUND,
IN GANYMADE FIELDS, THE PERFECT PLACE.

-----

THE FOREIGNER

THE NATIVES WOULD UNDERSTAND THE MOON AS A
DIVINE ENTITY. SUCH DEVOTION WOULD ALSO BE
INHERITED BY THE FOREIGNER.

SOMETIMES, THE LIGHT WOULD BE SO STRONG
HAT THEY WOULD FEEL BLESSED. HOWEVER,
SOMETIMES IT WOULD BLEED, AND THE BAD OMEN
WOULD BE GIVEN. THE FOREIGNER, THEREFORE,
BECAME INTRIGUED BY THE RED LIGHT.

-----

THE SCIENTIST

THE DESIRE OF SEEKING MORE KNOWLEDGE WAS
THE CURSE OF THE ONES LIVING IN THE DELTA
AND ZETA LABORATORIES.
MANY SCIENTISTS WOULD GIVE ANYTHING TO
UNDERSTAND THE SECRETS DISCOVERED BY
THE MINERS AND THE NATIVES, AND AS A PRICE
THEY BECAME THE BIGGEST AND MONSTROUS
BEASTS TO WALK THESE LANDS.

STILL, ONE SCIENTIST WAS ABLE TO TAKE A
STEP EVEN FURTHER.

-----

THE SINNER

TO SAVE HER DREAMS, THE SINNER ACCEPTED
THE CURSED CONTRACT, AND THEN SACRIFIED
EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING, INCLUDING HERSERLF.

SHE FINALLY HAVE REACHED THE KNOWLEDGE
SHE WAS SO EAGER TO GET, BUT THEN BCAME
REPENTANT WHEN THE COSTS WERE EVIDENTS.

HOWEVER, HER SOUL WAS NOW FINALLY
FREE AGAIN, AND SHE WAS ABLE
TO SACRIFICE SUCH KNOWLEDGE TO ASCEND
AND LEAVE BEHIND HER SINS.

-----

THE MINERS

SINCE THE EARLY DAYS, THE LOCALS HAD A SPI-
RITUAL CONNECTION WITH THE GANYMADE FIELDS.
THE MOON ALWAYS HAD A STRONG PRESENCE,
LEADING SOME OF THE OLD MINERS TO SEEK
SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE, OR, AS SOME OTHERS
WOULD SAY, LOSE THEIR MINDS.

THE PEACE, HOWEVER, WOULD HAVE BEEN BROKEN
ONLY WITH THE UAC ARRIVAL.

-----

THE MARINE

IT WASN'T THE FIRST TIME THAT HELL WOULD
HAVE BROKEN INTO UAC'S GANYMADE FACILITY.

IN THE EARLY DAYS, DEMONS INVADED
THROUGH A CRATER IN THE VOLCANO. A
MARINE WAS ABLE TO STOP THE ATTACK AND
RESCUE THE PRISONERS, BUT IT
WAS ALREADY TOO LATE.

HER MIND WAS CORRUPTED AND SHE ACCEPTED
TO SACRIFICE THE SURVIVORS FOR A PROMISE OF
PEACE.

This has reached 500 downloads! It is really not much, but it is the highest mark this has got since the first release. Thanks for the support, guys!

Anyway, before I release this into /idgames, i'd like to ask some FDA's for the last 4 levels (27~30). These are the only ones I have no footage or testing other than myself haha, and I believe it might need some balance/bug adjustments before I release the wad into idgames.

For now, here's version 1.3. It includes several changes pointed by antares and joe-ilya (also some stuff I've noticed by watching his stream), spelling fixes by Rainbow Bancon, some secrets visibility adjustements (some areas are now hidden, others are marked as one-sided and others ~the most unobvious~ are visibile). I think with this I wont' need to make some bigger changes anymore, except bugfixes and small things.

Download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kdlinujt79fwfcr/moonbld-1.3.rar

Changelog:

Spoiler

General: Changed visibilty of most secrets. Some areas are now hidden, others are marked as one-sided and others ~the most unobvious~ are visibile.

General: Fixed spelling erros in map titles and intermission screens.

General: Added a version of the wad without color filter. I'll try to find a more appropriated fix, though.

2: Small fix related to texture alignment and more smooth lighting. Lift's to YK switch door are faster and secret switch lower the floor above 8 adjacent (nukage) floor.

3: Removed a door in the right section. Made some small monster placement adjustements in that area.

4: Lost souls area is now a little bit larger and Lost Souls are more scattered around. Replaced stairs with a 1-second lift.

5: Last room (the one with HK) was changed a bit, with a more interesting monster placement and a different way of accessing the secret.

6: Lost Souls are more scattered around in the RK dark room.

7: This has suffered some more notable changes. I've removed two doors (left one in mancubus center room, right one in the boxes room) and tried to make some areas more integrated with each other. Also, the key room has now (hopefully) a more interesting setpiece.

I played the first six maps with the D4D mod and it was superb! :) Loved it so far. Would like to contribute to Map27-30 FDAs, but I am confused at which wad to load. There are two wads in moonbld-1.3.rar