Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JagDogger2525

GZDoom Black\Blank Screen Upon Quitting

Hey all,

I get a black\blank screen when I quit GZDoom and I have to hard reset my computer.

I do not get this problem when I use any other computer. I thought it would have been the screen resolution so I changed it to the native resolution (1280x1024) and I STILL get the problem.

It is hard for me to play Doom or test wads.

I am using GZDoom 2.3.1 x64 and it started when I upgraded to GZDoom 2.3.2.

What is the problem and how do I fix this?

Edit: I changed the resolution to 640x480 and it was fixed but still, what is the problem when doing it higher?

I have my other computer at a higher resolution than 1280x1024 and exits perfectly

What's your OS? Video card? OpenGL version (3 or 2)? Have you tried reinstalling your card's drivers? Do you use fullscreen or windowed mode?

38_ViTa_38 said:

What's your OS? Video card? OpenGL version (3 or 2)? Have you tried reinstalling your card's drivers? Do you use fullscreen or windowed mode?

Windows 10, GeForce 210, I don't really know how to check for OpenGL - not really reinstalling since I recently updated them - fullscreen

Yet, like my edit, I did 640x480 and was able to quit properly but I want a higher resolution

Just how high resolution are you using? I remember reading threads where GZDoom was reported not to work properly in very high resolutions (and it probably depended on the hardware / OS / driver as well). Try a lesser resolution and keep increasing it while it works alright, and settle on the highest that works.

JagDogger2525 said:

[/b]I recently updated them[b]

That might be the problem, actually.

38_ViTa_38 said:

That might be the problem, actually.

So it is the OpenGL - I tried it in Software Mode and it quits properly but then, how would I properly update the OpenGL?

I have no idea how to find out which one I have upon the two you mentioned.