Criticism of Freedoom soundtrack

On 2/19/2017 at 0:57 PM, JohnnyTheWolf said:

Well, except for C1M2. I will be honest and I mean no disrespect to its composer, but it just does not feel right: it is not catchy, it does not help create atmosphere and it just sounds like bad elevator muzak.

4 hours ago, axdoomer said:

It's almost elevator music. 

My thoughts exactly, it sounds like a song you'd hear on the radio in a grocery store.

EDIT: I just listened to the new C1M2 song, it's worse than the old one IMO. The old map02 song that voros just posted would fit better.

Edited by uhbooh

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Viscra Maelstrom said:

i also contributed one track to this project. i don't know if anyone put it to use, though; i offered to put in some more tracks, but they got rejected on the grounds that they were originally composed for Doom, and not Freedoom.

Map29.

Also, what more tracks? I only remember seeing you posting one track and one track alone, then posting something about how your other tracks are too Doomy for Freedoom so you won't share/make them, or something along those lines.

12 hours ago, uhbooh said:

The old map02 song that voros just posted would fit better.

That's a fantastic idea. 

Edited by Voros

Posted (edited)

On 2017-04-28 at 0:06 PM, Voros said:

Map29.

Also, what more tracks? I only remember seeing you posting one track and one track alone, then posting something about how your other tracks are too Doomy for Freedoom so you won't share/make them, or something along those lines.

honestly, i don't even remember at this point. the track i cobbled together for the project was kind of garbo, and whatever music i decided to offer back then probably sucked in hindsight.

Is it just me or does E3M6's track sound a lot like TeamFourStar's Broly Chronicles?

I mean, do not get me wrong: it is an excellent track, but I cannot help but hear the song's lyrics whenever I play the level.

Why don't you ask @Blueworrior himself via email: BlueWorrior@hotmail.co.uk ?