Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

Android doesn't like my SD card

So I haven't been able to use an SD card since I keep getting this error saying "SD card is blank or has unsupported filesystem". I've done everything the internet has told me to do to fix this. I've formatted it in Windows. I've let the phone format itself (which doesn't actually seem to erase anything). I ran CHKDSK in Windows and fixed the errors. I even went the extra mile using DISKPART to wipe the disk completely clean, partition and all, and do a slow format on it. I still get this error constantly. Occasionally the stars align and I'm able to use the disk normally. Pictures save just fine and I can browse and open files. Then after a few minutes it goes back on the fritz.

I should also mention that I've had this problem on TWO different phones, one running 4.4 and the other 5.1. I also get the error on two different disks, one a regular MicroSD and the other an SDHC.

SD cards are the least reliable storage media I have encountered, maybe a 50% failure rate right out of the packaging. And then I've had a lot fail within 1-2 weeks of use. A small minority stay good for more than a year in my anecdotal experience. Caveat: I've only tried a few brands like Samsung/Kingston/Sandisk, for tasks like running raspberry pis and crappy security/dash camera backlogs.

My SD card is about 2 years old I guess and it still works :D but my cousin once came upto me showing me the error you got Bucket. I assumed the SD card had gotten corrupt so he probably bought another. I gues it depends on how much work you use the SD card in order for it be in a working condition for an amount of time.

I hear you but these disks work just fine in Windows. Whenever my phone does decide to detect them, all my files are still there and perfectly accessible. I'm not so sure the disks are the problem.

Most likely a counterfeit SD Card. People like to buy SD Cards from shaddy places that will sell you counterfeit SD Card for an amazing price. You get what you paid for.
They will work like crap most of the time and do things like the one you are suffering right now.
Try to get an SD Card from an Official store and you will see that you won't have any issue for a few years.

I stick with Sandisk, because they have a 5 years warranty on SD Cards, You only have to keep the ticket and the serial on the back of the blister.

Possible but unlikely... one card came with the phone and the other was bought at Micro Center.