Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZALGO

Working on doors?

Hey guys, forgive the fact that I'm new to mapping, but do any of you know how to make doors work in doombuilder 2. Last year when I made my first map, I was able to get it to work, but now I don't remember how to make them work. The video tutorials aren't really working as well. Any way I can make them work?

the easiest way how to make door in doom builder is that you switch to sectors mode and "yellow highlight the sector" and press shift+d and choose door texture and you done

A door is a sector whose ceiling is low enough to touch the floor, whose outer linedefs' fronts all face outward, and are either a type 1 action or a tagged other action.

Look up what all that means, and you're also ready to do lifts, crushers, teleporters, whatever. ;)

This is quite the feedback. Thanks guys, I'll give those a try for my next mapping project. Wish me luck :)

Guest Unregistered account

I recommend having a gander at these if you're looking to spice up your maps ;)
Chubzdoomer's Doom Builder 2 Tutorials (YouTube)

They cover everything from doors to lifts, Teleporters to monster traps, crushers to lighting effects. And there's also more advanced effects for special Doom Source ports if you're interested!

Kapanyo said:

I recommend having a gander at these if you're looking to spice up your maps ;)
Chubzdoomer's Doom Builder 2 Tutorials (YouTube)

They cover everything from doors to lifts, Teleporters to monster traps, crushers to lighting effects. And there's also more advanced effects for special Doom Source ports if you're interested!

I'll give them a look in my free time, thank you.

Guest Unregistered account

No problem! =)

You make for example a quadrat sector, make a block from up to down example: Ceil 0, Floor 0. Do not make Ceil 120, floor 120 because door open from down to up. A linedef should look outside of sector, watch it self - mark one linedef and press F. You will see and understand. On last make linedef on action/tag etc