Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

Drowning Pool Singer Dead

Just got back from a ride around town, and on the radio I heard that the singer of Drowning Pool was found dead in his tour bus. IIRC, he was still involved in the Ozzfest Tour. Also IIRC, he and the rest of the group were starting work on their next album.

Sigh. So sad to see yet another young promising band singer go down.

Heh. I don't even know who the hell they are. How did he die, radiation poisoning?

Clardvaark said:

I wonder if his body hit the floor lololol

heh. That's actually the only song by them I know. Is a cool song though.
Anybody know the movie "The One" with Jet Li? I heard this song there for the first time, it's title really fits the action in the movie ;)

the_Danarchist said:

Heh. I don't even know who the hell they are. How did he die, radiation poisoning?

Heh. Maybe. Bubonic Plague?

Clardvaark said:

I wonder if his body hit the floor

I'd say so :P

Clardvaark said:

goddamit, that was what I was gonna say. anyway, I never liked that pop/metal crap. gimme some good ol death metal.

i saw dp once, they were pretty good. they still had a lot of growing to do as a band, but they were pretty good. it's too bad.

anyway, i didn't even hear about this until now. /me goes off to look for info

goddamit, that was what I was gonna say. anyway, I never liked that pop/metal crap. gimme some good ol death metal.

yeah i am definately a death metal fan, but dp wasn't that bad, imho.

Linguica said:

That band was terrible.

Heh, I dont like to disrespect the dead but I have to agree.

I was completely indifferent to them, I am curious to how he died though.

Oh yeah, I heard that song once. It was utter shit. I think I ended up throwin my radio out the window because of it.

yes, Drowning Pool really, really sucks.

of course, this thread was started by someone who likes Staind, another manufactured 'rock' band, who also suck...badly.

Use3D said:

yes, Drowning Pool really, really sucks.

of course, this thread was started by someone who likes Staind, another manufactured 'rock' band, who also suck...badly.

W3rd.

So what's the news on his death? Nicotine overdose? Spanish flu? Rabies? Mauled by a giant panda?

You don't say that someone died then not say how he died. It leaves us all hanging... <bud-um ksssh>

Drowning Pool weren't that bad. Sure they weren't all that good either, but I did like that song Bodies a lot for a while there (now its just annoying, but meh).

I should get some of their other songs now, heh.

Clardvaark said:

Not funny, dickcheese eater.

Have you seen that singer guy? Judging by his appearance, I'd say he choked on a fried chicken bone. And then... HIS BODY HIT THE FLOOR.

Sorry, I had to.

i never liked them. i hate rock that is just 'ALL' screaming. its ok to scream on some songs and such but not every freak'n song and every CD. also what did he die from, i am thinking a drug overdoes(yes drugs DO kill people and yes they ARE bad and evil coruptors of the human mind) however i dont know much about him, he could have had a heart attack or maybe an accident

yes they did, and i will keep my promise. no more posting in the wrong place. ok i did post a thank you in the general a wile ago, but hell it is hard to get out of the days when just about every damn thing was posted in general. anway how many band member have died this year?

Sephiroth said:
i never liked them. i hate rock that is just 'ALL' screaming. its ok to scream on some songs and such but not every freak'n song and every CD.

I agree %100 with this statement.

I don't get "death metal". at all. I don't think I've ever heard any Death metal I've liked. It all sounds the same to me. (i.e. Like random srtumming of guitars and men screaming like the cookie monster.) I's just as annoying as pop IMHO.

*sigh* I usally try to avoid threads about music.

Ct_red_pants said:

I don't get "death metal". at all. I don't think I've ever heard any Death metal I've liked. It all sounds the same to me. (i.e. Like random srtumming of guitars and men screaming like the cookie monster.) I's just as annoying as pop IMHO.

they scream "Cookie!!! cookie!!!" over and over? as for annoyance, i like death metal, though some constant screaming we can do with out. it cant be as annoying as pop, cuz pop is EVIL and is almost as mind corrupting as drugs :)

Okay...what the heck is this? It's been like 5 days and no word of his cause of death? HELLO PEOPLE...how did this talentless piece of filth die?

Heh...I just thought of something...Artistic Darwainism...think about it.

as far as the song bodies is concerned, I only tolerated it cuz WWE did a good montage with it for one of their PPV's. how the singer died I don't give a damn. he did nothing any more impotant than anyone else did. let rest, or something like that.

as for death metal, yes there are bands that just produce random noise. those bands suck. but there are also several other bands that do produce actual melodies and rythyms. the lyrics might not be to easy to understand at first, but if you really listen you'll get it, although the subject matter doesn't appeal to everyone. try the hypocrisy album into the abyss.

Heh...I just thought of something...Artistic Darwainism...think about it.

It doesn't exist. The survival and increasing popularity (read- hearing it everywhere) of pop music negates your theory.

footman said:
they scream "Cookie!!! cookie!!!" over and over?

For all I know, thay might be.
it's not as if I can make out a single word of it anyway.

Livo said:

It doesn't exist. The survival and increasing popularity (read- hearing it everywhere) of pop music negates your theory.

But what if it did exist? That would be cool...