Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Halfblind

Blood Frontier

Blood Frontier "It's Bloody Fun"

Blood Frontier is a game developed utilizing the Cube 2 engine. More specifically it is a game developed utilizing the Red Eclipse version of the Cube 2 engine. While the game is based on Red Eclipse it seems unfinished.

Gameplay: Ripped from the pages of Red Eclipse there is no major improvements to its formula. The weapon physics are the same and the parkour elements seem intact. It does seem easier to get fragged by an enemy bot however.
Weapons: These are pretty much a re-skin from the ones in Red Eclipse and work exactly the same.

Textures: Not at all impressive, I was more impressed by the ones in Red Eclipse and the ones in Cube 2. They do, however, remind me of textures from Quake with an overall focus on browns and grays.

Music and Sounds: These are rather nice; they don’t go over the top but they don’t strike me as trying to impress.

Maps: The maps are rather bland; they don’t impress me as being great maps. It does, however, have a few maps remade from Red Eclipse, Quake 3 and Doom 2. The remade maps from Red Eclipse include Bath, Wet and Venus all of which look better in their original game. The remade map from Doom 2, surprisingly, is Dead Simple. The before mentioned map has a lot better variants utilizing the original Doom engine (by my opinion).

Skins: There is absolutely no skin support. This is why I think the game seems unfinished. This is where I think this game would have been better as a mod for Red Eclipse instead of a stand-alone game.

Please let me know what you think of this game and what your likes and dislikes are.

*insert Vinesauce Joel Softonic jokes here*

In all seriousness, I though Blood Frontier wasn't forked from Red Eclipse... but the other way around. Also, AFAIK Blood Frontier is dead.

it's neat for a free game, but has a long list of glaring issues. UI is uninformative and the retical gets in the way more then it helps, weapons are clunky, gun models are very awkward, the maps are poorly balanced, the weapons feel poorly balanced.

Seemed like someone had good exercise making it, and it's free. makes me want to play some unreal again.

Danfun64 said:

I though Blood Frontier wasn't forked from Red Eclipse... but the other way around.

I am actually not sure what was forked from what. I did try out Red Eclipse first, however, but I do think RE is a much better game though.

dethtoll said:

Did Digital Homicide make this?

Not sure, since the game is dead I cannot find out.

MrGlide said:

makes me want to play some unreal again.

My favorite Unreal game was UC2 for the original Xbox. That one was amazing.