Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HyperLuke

Short Wads (1-10 levels)

Here's a few more shorties (well ok some of them are 11 maps):

Back to Thunder Road: A little run'n'gun episode released last year with tons of tude', Genesis music (the console but the band woulda been cool too), and a menu graphic of a skull wearing sunglasses. Do you really need anything more?

Infected Area: Gets an award for best Doom storyline. Full of clever tricks, dickish traps, and weird new sound effects.

Post: An 11 level episode from 96 with clever ideas, nice looking maps, and an amusing storyline to boot. Very recommended. Also happens to be the sequel to...
Debut: A nice episode for Doom if you're cool with really brown maps.
Relive the Nightmare: E1 themed Doom2 ep. Not really trying to emulate the original like DtWID, but moreso painted in Phobos colors. The author's other works are also similarly paced episodes worth checking out, but this is his best IMO.

Pleiades: Classic sci-fi space adventure. Gameplay is a little rough, but the settings make it more than worth it.
Chief's Wad: Barebones architecture but fun mindless firefights.
Insertion: An 11-map set by most of the authors behind requiem and memento mori and such. If you dig those you'll like this. Nice Tolwyn music.
City of Doom: An 11-level episode from 2000 of city-themed maps. Tons of new graphics and a mellow prog-rock midi soundtrack.
The Invaders: Six-level 95' episode. It's another case of doomguy taking a trip into the suspiciously-heretic-looking past. Navigation is occasionally tricky but not hair-tearingly so. Has a Phil Collins midi so can't really be mad at it.
Killzone and Killzone 2: Two seven level episodes with medium-to-large nicely constructed maps. Also has some hokey sounds and music culled from the community's most venerable musicians of the time.

Sillier options:

The Adventures of SUB: Cute old mapset I uploaded years ago. You are German agent codenamed Sub on a mission to stop the U.S. from nuking Germany. The new graphics are crude but it has enough heart to win mine.

The Ultimate DTVDoom: Its an office wad. But hold the phone! Its full of simple but charming custom graphics to portray a French office setting + a groovy soundtrack. Its main issue is that its an..office wad.

Proxyon Sector KGx/57 mini Episode:3 map minisode from 96'. There's just something about about exploring a bright silver and blue starbase to country music. Progression gets pretty silly though, particularly in MAP02, so I wouldn't recommend it for everyone.

Since nobody has mentioned it, and because I'm just a big fan, I'll mention the Odessa series by Bob Evans if you are into that kind of gameplay. I think someone at Zandronum or Zdaemon forums even made an "Odessa pack" with all the maps in one handy .pk3.

(Sorry for no link, I'm still figuring out the forum).

On 18/03/2017 at 0:34 PM, lupinx-Kassman said:

Here's a few more shorties (well ok some of them are 11 maps):

It doesn't matter if it is 11 maps, or a single map, just not a long megawad, thats all. Played Project Uber, man it is hard, btw thanks for all the suggestions people, played a couple more of them like Counterattack and Bloody Rust, really enjoyed them.

16 hours ago, Zed said:

Since nobody has mentioned it, and because I'm just a big fan, I'll mention the Odessa series by Bob Evans if you are into that kind of gameplay. I think someone at Zandronum or Zdaemon forums even made an "Odessa pack" with all the maps in one handy .pk3.

(Sorry for no link, I'm still figuring out the forum).

I heard that man is a fine Gentleman ;). Here's my compilations. I still need to update the ones I've made since then.

Odessa is really nice, but be warned that the puzzles can get pretty cerebral. The compiled Dickie series is also worth checking out if you can take on that Plutonia level of difficulty. 

@lupinx-Kassman

Now that you mention Dickie, I remembered the Wicked series by ReX Claussen.

Also, Earth, by Roger Ritenour (no links again, sorry, look for it on idgames).

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/d-f/etrnyour - Eternally Yours

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/vispire - Vispire

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/megawads/pulse - Pulse

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/a-c/absoldis - Absolute Dishonor.

The first three are by Valkiriforce and the 4th one is by both Valkiriforce and 40oz. 

Awesome mapsets.