Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DROP THERAPY

Doom compatibility issues...

I don't know if this is the right place to go for help on this game, but here it goes.

whenever I try to enable the vulkan graphics API, the game crashes. The strange thing is that vulkan is supposed to be able to run on the intel HD graphics 4400 GPU that I have, but can't for some reason. I have to stick with the less efficient openGL 4.5. I have tried everything but nothing has worked.

Well Doom is already too much for that GPU. Maybe Vulkan just push it even further and your GPU just canĀ“t handle it.

Vulkan gives you more FPS only if you have a powerful GPU (Most time at least), I Recommend Sticking with OGL 4.5 for that low end GPU (better Upgrade it anyways).

It's crashing because your driver is incorrectly reporting that it supports Vulkan but the driver itself likely has improper/incomplete support for it. Either that or your driver not only doesn't support Vulkan, it has no idea what it is and Doom4 gets a malformed response. Make sure you're using the latest driver for your GPU and that said driver does actually have proper Vulkan support.
Remember, just because you have OpenGL4.5, that doesn't mean you have Vulkan. They are expressly two different APIs and your GPU driver does actually need to support it for it to function.

DROP THERAPY said:

I do have the latest driver

Well if that's absolutely the case, you have your answer. Incomplete or non-existent support.