Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Back to Saturn X demos [-complevel 2]

On 2018/2/6 at 9:44 AM, Poncho said:

Map11 UV-Max in 6:45

Nice route tweak. I didn't think of getting around like that and I totally forgot that teleporter to the final room. Probably there's a 6:30 potential after watching this run.

I was thinking whether we should kill those troopers at around 2:30 before going in because they definitely wasted quite some time there.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map11 UV Max in 6:21

b111-621.zip

Thanks to Poncho for the route tweak, and there's another discovery to save time. It's sort of stupid that I repelled myself into the teleporter due to the splash damage and wasted 2 or 3 rockets. Otherwise, the run can go to something like 6:18.

Oh yes, I've been meaning to ask this for a while: in PrBoom, how do you get that HUD that's good for speedrunning (which shows your ammo as those mini bars, the secret and kill counters are shown, etc). If you don't quite get what I mean, watch one of Cyberdemon531's streams (of Resurgence, for example). That's the HUD I really want, because when I press the + key, I just get big characters that represent my health/armour, but no kill/secret counter.

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

Oh yes, I've been meaning to ask this for a while: in PrBoom, how do you get that HUD that's good for speedrunning (which shows your ammo as those mini bars, the secret and kill counters are shown, etc). If you don't quite get what I mean, watch one of Cyberdemon531's streams (of Resurgence, for example). That's the HUD I really want, because when I press the + key, I just get big characters that represent my health/armour, but no kill/secret counter.

With PRBoom Plus Open just hit F5 until you find the heads up display you like.  There are several choices.

Map11 UV Max in 6:14

b111-614.zip

No need to be sorry. I would rather have my a$$ kicked rather than leaving a demo forever there and no one is interested in running that map. Racing against each other is a good way to improve my skills. To be honest, the most annoying part of this map is it has a high chance leaving straggler(s) behind. This ruined many potential 6:1X attempts.

18 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Nice back-and-forth, guys.

Absolutely, a lovely time battle!

Felt like playing through BTSX with no saves. Saw map12 didn't have a max:

map12 casual UV-Max in 44:15

b112-4415.zip

My route was: down, right, left. I'm sure somebody else can improve it.

1 minute ago, Spectre01 said:

My route was: down, right, left. I'm sure somebody else can improve it.

Nicely done. I played through this map once, and I really hate this map...

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

Nicely done. I played through this map once, and I really hate this map...

I actually really enjoyed it, and my first playthrough took like 70 minutes. :P Then again, I like huge, non-linear maps.

Here's a casual map13 max too for some filler:

b113-2024.zip

I actually really enjoy Map12... casually, though. Speedrunning it is something else entirely. So this leaves Map18, Map20, Map22 and Map24 (on singleplayer) to complete on UV-Max. Should be interesting...

Nice job, Spectre.

[Edit] Also, Garrett, are you up to improving my pathetic 11-min run on Map14, mate?

[Edit, 15th of May] Huh. Guess not. That's awkward.

Edited by Poncho

7 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

@Poncho1I finally read the message you were talking about... When you said I ignored you, I was confused... OK then... next time you should at least @me...

Point taken mate. 

On 3/8/2017 at 10:05 PM, 38_ViTa_38 said:

-solo-net is saved in the footer, you can simply use "prboom-plus -playdemo b132sn531".

i want to complain a bit that some solo-net demos simply goes desync without adding the -solo-net option, even though i am using the recent prboom2.5.1.4.

4 minutes ago, noshutdown said:

i want to complain a bit that some solo-net demos simply goes desync without adding the -solo-net option, even though i am using the recent prboom2.5.1.4.

and playback with vanilla doom desyncs the same way.

MAP12 UV-Max in 18:18

Route based on this old masochistic casual ZDoom piece I did 2.5 years ago, but with a bit more detailed routing, more practice and faster pace. Played it safe by not running past anything and therefore killing early stuff with weaker weapons, but it's probably not the fastest approach. I've had a lot of trouble finding good spots to distribute all 31 BFG shots this map gives you and ended up with a few excess ones by the final fight (which I ended up needing anyway because my brain shut down).

b112-1818.zip

MAP31 UV-Max in 8:45

Quick table filler. Needs a better weapon route (ended up with 170 excess cells, also counting the ones that were wasted by missed BFG shots, that could've been spent on weaker stuff earlier).

b131-845.zip