Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Back to Saturn X demos [-complevel 2]

20 minutes ago, NightTerror said:

It desyncs for me

Are you using the right complevel and both WAD files? Which source port are you on?

10 hours ago, Coincident said:

Your 22 demo is out of sync. Are you sure you uploaded the right file?

Yep, I used the wad files of BTSX1 from DSDA. This should definitely be the latest version, last updated in August 2020 - https://dsdarchive.com/wads/btsx_e1

10 hours ago, Shepardus said:

Syncs for me too, on version 1.1.6 of the wad (dated 2020-08-13).

This is the correct final version and works with the map22 demo. To explain, map22 got an architectural update due to major VPO found after the initial idgames release.

On 3/12/2021 at 1:27 PM, Sayeth said:

It seems to work fine on my end. Can someone else confirm if they have any issue with playback?

No issues here, I'm playing with prboom-plus v2.5.1.5

17 hours ago, Sayeth said:

Yep, I used the wad files of BTSX1 from DSDA. This should definitely be the latest version, last updated in August 2020 - https://dsdarchive.com/wads/btsx_e1

You're right. I was running BTSX1's version from 2017. The 2020 version runs correctly. Your demo was uploaded.

MAP01 UV-Speed in 0:45.34

b101-4534.zip

MAP01 No Monsters in 0:41.74

b101o4174.zip

UV-Speed is just to help fill the table but I really liked running No Monsters on this map, I might try to bring it down to 40 at some point.

28 minutes ago, Maribo said:

UV-Speed is just to help fill the table but I really liked running No Monsters on this map, I might try to bring it down to 40 at some point.

Hello there. There's a Pacifist run done in 0:40 which automatically counts as UV Speed record. The "table view" list normally shows that. So it doesn't really fill the table, it's just that Pacifist is not listed twice in Default view if there are no runs with harming monsters. When there are both regular Speeds and Pacifists available (this will be the case when your demo gets uploaded), then yes, they are also visible in Default view, but only the record (if the fastest UV Speed is also Pacifist). example 1.   example 2

Ohhh, sorry, I had a misconception that UV Speed and Pacifist were separate even if a UV Speed run also fulfilled the Pacifist criteria. Thanks for the clarification. :)

E1 MAP 01 NoMo in 0.41.37 b101o041.zip

E1 MAP 12 NoMo in 2.26.89 b112o226.zip

Its been a year since I recorded some demos, so here's an improvement on my time in map 1 as well as a new entry in map 12. Maybe I will eventually record a NoMo time for each map ^^

And with these three demos, I have finished a NoMo run for every single level of Btsx e1, no matter how silly of an idea it is

My personal least favorite level of BTSXe1 - MAP 15 in 2.09.57 b115o209.zip

The ultimate finale MAP 24 without the fight turns into a 5-minute wait, during which I did some chores around the house in 7.41.74 b124o741.zip

And best of all, MAP 31, which has elevators on a global timer, so 99% of the run can be taken slowly and only the final jump matters in 1.48.97 b131o148.zip

Regardless of all that, its been fun figuring out the routing for WAD that belongs to my all-time favorites due to its atmosphere and music. 

33 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Your video is private.

Yeah, I'm aware. Currently reuploading it to fix the issues with the music. :)

I originally planned for sub-6 and it's definitely doable, but I got annoyed by the high amount of RNG of the run :)

Probably will try in the future, probably.

Map11 UV Max in 6:08

b111m608.zip

3 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

I originally planned for sub-6 and it's definitely doable, but I got annoyed by the high amount of RNG of the run :)

Probably will try in the future, probably.

Map11 UV Max in 6:08

b111m608.zip

Please, don't bait me into this again...

15 hours ago, Poncho1 said:

Please, don't bait me into this again...

Honestly I don't think you're going to try it because the map is meh.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map11 UV Max 5:55

b111m555.zip

I regret posting that crappy 6:08. This run is not good either, but funnily it has been sitting here for a while and I'm not able to beat it again. (even the run ends with 100 cells)

15 hours ago, GarrettChan said:

Map11 UV Max 5:55

b111m555.zip

I regret posting that crappy 6:08. This run is not good either, but funnily it has been sitting here for a while and I'm not able to beat it again. (even the run ends with 100 cells)

Noice! I always knew a sub-6 was possible, but I'm quite lazy as a speedrunner, so I never went for it years ago. Well done.

17 minutes ago, Poncho1 said:

Noice! I always knew a sub-6 was possible, but I'm quite lazy as a speedrunner, so I never went for it years ago. Well done.

Well honestly it's one of the worse maps I've ever run... but I happen to like the music so :^)

I want you to come back though