Map17 UV-Max in 8:38

(outdated run)

Map17 UV-Max in 8:09

b117-809.zip

Edited by Poncho
3 people like this

Map11 UV Max in 7:07

b111-707.zip

Improvable, probably will run it a few more times in the future.

1 person likes this

Quarter-of-a-minute improvement, but hey. Better than nothing.

Map21 UV-Max in 7:23

b121-723.zip

2 people like this

On 2018/2/6 at 9:44 AM, Poncho said:

Map11 UV-Max in 6:45

Nice route tweak. I didn't think of getting around like that and I totally forgot that teleporter to the final room. Probably there's a 6:30 potential after watching this run.

I was thinking whether we should kill those troopers at around 2:30 before going in because they definitely wasted quite some time there.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map11 UV Max in 6:21

b111-621.zip

Thanks to Poncho for the route tweak, and there's another discovery to save time. It's sort of stupid that I repelled myself into the teleporter due to the splash damage and wasted 2 or 3 rockets. Otherwise, the run can go to something like 6:18.

Edited by GarrettChan
5 people like this

Map11 UV-Max in 6:19

b111-619.zip

Yeah, not a great improvement, really. Sorry, Garrett.

Edited by Poncho
4 people like this

Oh yes, I've been meaning to ask this for a while: in PrBoom, how do you get that HUD that's good for speedrunning (which shows your ammo as those mini bars, the secret and kill counters are shown, etc). If you don't quite get what I mean, watch one of Cyberdemon531's streams (of Resurgence, for example). That's the HUD I really want, because when I press the + key, I just get big characters that represent my health/armour, but no kill/secret counter.

Nice back-and-forth, guys. When you are zoomed out and can see that HUD with the big characters, F5 toggles between different HUDs. 

3 people like this

2 hours ago, Poncho said:

Oh yes, I've been meaning to ask this for a while: in PrBoom, how do you get that HUD that's good for speedrunning (which shows your ammo as those mini bars, the secret and kill counters are shown, etc). If you don't quite get what I mean, watch one of Cyberdemon531's streams (of Resurgence, for example). That's the HUD I really want, because when I press the + key, I just get big characters that represent my health/armour, but no kill/secret counter.

With PRBoom Plus Open just hit F5 until you find the heads up display you like.  There are several choices.

Map11 UV Max in 6:14

b111-614.zip

No need to be sorry. I would rather have my a$$ kicked rather than leaving a demo forever there and no one is interested in running that map. Racing against each other is a good way to improve my skills. To be honest, the most annoying part of this map is it has a high chance leaving straggler(s) behind. This ruined many potential 6:1X attempts.

4 people like this

18 hours ago, rdwpa said:

Nice back-and-forth, guys.

Absolutely, a lovely time battle!

4 people like this

Map32 UV-Max in 7:27

b132-727.zip

Will be improving this time.

Edited by Poncho
3 people like this